Upcoming Summer Tournaments & Events: August 9, LIRR Kickoff Classic - West Islip SC Roar at The Shore - East End Tournament August 16, TWIST - EMSC Summer (1) August 23, EMSC Summer (2) August 30, Oceanside SC Labor Day - West Babylon SC ASA Labor Day - RYSA Wildcats Labor Day......

Subscribe to BOTN
BOTN Electronic Alerts
Nobody Does It Better
NYCSL_NYPL_NPL_JSS

NYCSL & JSS Schedules, Scores & Standings
| NYCSL | NYPL | NPL |
NY (State) Cup | JSS |
New York Stars
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Spring '14 Scores & Standings
Long Island Cup
Spring '14 Sportsmanship Standings
Fall '14 Schedule
Spring '15 Schedule
Region 1 League Scores
Premier League
NERP
Colonial League
2013-2014 ENY (State) Cup
Challenge Cup U10-U12
Challenge Cup U13-U19
Open Cup
New Jersey Leagues
Northern Counties | CJYSA | JAGS | Morris County | Metro | Jersey Coast | Monmouth Ocean | Mid-Jersey | South Jersey | South Jersey Girls |
ECNL
ECNL Standings
EDP Spring 2014
Brackets, Schedules & Scores
NSCAA HS & College Rankings
USSF Academies
USSF Academy Schedules
US Soccer
Coaching Drills
Girls NPL Listing
Aztec Soccer | Brentwood | ISA | Massapequa | Massachusetts Premier | STA | NEFC | NJ Crush | NJSA04 | NY Rush | NR Sting | Oakwood | Parsippany SC | Seacoast Utd. | Yankee Utd. |
Latest Tryout Posts
GU 15 player looking for a team.
by rowdies99
07/29/14 11:40 AM
GU17 EDP/NYPL LONGWOOD TWISTERS
by lwtwisters
07/29/14 07:59 AM
GU18 East Meadow Storm needs guest players
by EM Storm
07/29/14 06:08 AM
Newest Members
Jill Medina, Girls Cheetahs, mshrek, interleague, Dave Gannon
13247 Registered Users
Google Translate
BOTN Photo Gallery
Farrell's Ice Cream Parlour in Massapequa
Page 146 of 268 < 1 2 ... 144 145 146 147 148 ... 267 268 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#465763 - 03/19/12 09:19 AM Re: GU13 Fall 2011/ Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

post hit it on point.
Girls are here and great trainers are here. Problem is to many trainers/clubs that have carved up the talents pool and created many competitive teams and no dominant team.
Go out of state and the "top flight" teams travel over an hour to bring there kids to practice. Most of us, including me, don't want or have to drive more than 15 miles to get to practice. But, we all go on here and bash Alby for nor performing. I am pretty confident if we grabbed the top three kids of all the bashed teams on this board, it would be a team to be feared. But us foolish and ill guided chest pounding parents , where do I send my check? mentality, compounded with My kid is on "......." team will never allow Long Island to represent our truly terrific kids.
Since this story will never change until someone does it for the sport and not the money, Just deal with it, and let the girls have fun.

Junior Soccer Advertisements

Click Here!

#465766 - 03/19/12 09:45 AM Re: GU13 Fall 2011/ Spring 2012 [Re: Anyguy]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nice win for Pat Med and Stony Brook .Taking out the D1 favorites.

#465772 - 03/19/12 10:07 AM Re: GU13 Fall 2011/ Spring 2012 [Re: Anyguy]
Anonymous
Unregistered

SACHEM TAKING D1! You wait and see!

#465777 - 03/19/12 10:19 AM Re: GU13 Fall 2011/ Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Anonymous
Nice win for Pat Med and Stony Brook .Taking out the D1 favorites.

Don't forget Smithtown dominating the Dominators!!!!

#465781 - 03/19/12 10:41 AM Re: GU13 Fall 2011/ Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

This is a problem everywhere. We live in Maryland and there are 6 clubs within a 30 mile radius that have elite teams. 5 of them were at Jefferson Cup. The talent is watered down everywhere!

#465790 - 03/19/12 11:08 AM Re: GU13 Fall 2011/ Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

YOU ARE NOT A SACHEM SUPPORTER WHO'S WRITING THIS!!! STOP CAUSING TROUBLE!!!!

#465799 - 03/19/12 11:36 AM Re: GU13 Fall 2011/ Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

post hit it on point.
Girls are here and great trainers are here. Problem is to many trainers/clubs that have carved up the talents pool and created many competitive teams and no dominant team.
Go out of state and the "top flight" teams travel over an hour to bring there kids to practice. Most of us, including me, don't want or have to drive more than 15 miles to get to practice. But, we all go on here and bash Alby for nor performing. I am pretty confident if we grabbed the top three kids of all the bashed teams on this board, it would be a team to be feared. But us foolish and ill guided chest pounding parents , where do I send my check? mentality, compounded with My kid is on "......." team will never allow Long Island to represent our truly terrific kids.
Since this story will never change until someone does it for the sport and not the money, Just deal with it, and let the girls have fun.

This is a great post and hits the nail on the head. ^

Unless there was a willingness to have a "super travel team" then I agree, the strong teams will do well against the LI and upstate competition but once we go to the bigger tournament it will be the same old. Its a shame we have to bash each other and have resentment when we should learn to cheer each other on and show that LI can have a strong presence at these tournaments.

I don't know about your daughters but mine had to go to school today regardless of where she finished in a soccer tournament. So let them have fun, compete and continue to grow.

#465806 - 03/19/12 12:11 PM Re: GU13 Fall 2011/ Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

On long Island every town has a club. we have six within 8 miles. If we wanted 30 miles that would be two for Long Island.

#465849 - 03/19/12 02:49 PM Re: GU13 Fall 2011/ Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anyguy Offline
Back of THE NET

Hey Nostradumbass - your quote........

Mentioning the likes of mediocre D2 teams like DH and Sachem with the above teams let alone insulting all but top 3 (must be a joke) with delusional ranking just fuels more dislike toward these teams (well moron posting on here about them)enough that I'd expect little mercy from the returning D1 teams who will completely dominate each of the 6 mediocre D2 teams now moved up to D1. More so - if there was ever a division - of above 15 teams (your 13 plus Commack and Merrick) - certainly the only win or tie either Sachem or DH would have would be against each other. Not just 13-14 loss each but 13 scoreless loss's each and by huge margins - by end of 14 game season maybe 60 - 70 goals against each - if teams let up on you after 5-0, 1/2 time leads! Most of the 13 other teams you have the nerve to think you are in the conversation with - (or leave out!) would not just beat you but crush you - man down and bare foot! With cleats, Alby would still likely beat you playing 6 vs 11 without subbing!

So let's see, um, the four returning D1 teams should have won by a combined score of AT LEAST 20-0 yesterday in the LI Cup. Right? They were 2-2 with 8 goals for and 5 against playing D2 teams.

Yes, quite a difference between D1 and D2. I should start paying more attention to your wisdom.

60 - 70 goals against. Blathering idiot.

#465853 - 03/19/12 03:03 PM Re: GU13 Fall 2011/ Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

The battle for first in D1 starts next week...Will it be Sachem or Dix Hills???
Not a chance! Brentwood all the way....

Funny...all three teams mentioned lost in the first round of the LI Cup!

#465861 - 03/19/12 03:30 PM Re: GU13 Fall 2011/ Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Are they part of the kick and run culture?

#465897 - 03/19/12 06:15 PM Re: GU13 Fall 2011/ Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jeff Cup was a waste of money. 98's can't compete with the best anymore. Everyone catches up at certain ages no matter how many kids you poach. The best training is out of New York State obviously. And the 98's trainer is decent but not close to these other teams out of state. You have the horses but still can't compete. Then it comes down to game prep and making adjustments during the game or having some balls and only play the best 14. But then you will be losing money. And thats what your all about.

And how many minutes did your kid play? Was it worth it? Probably not. But keep telling your kid she has to go. Is it for her or you? Tough question to ask yourself but probably even a tougher question for you to answer.

To be fair to Alby, a few of their players were hurt and didn't play, 4 were away at Id2 camp, and 2 are still recovering from previous injuries. I do agree that if a team wants to win they have to play their best players but that can be said about all teams. However, feel free to keep trashing them, it makes for enjoyable breaktime reading.

Ok so they only had 18 on the roster this weekend. Enough already. 4-2 is a beating. You let 4 goals in. News flash. That's alot in soccer. I don't care who you were missing. You are telling all the parents on your team that your kid is better then the ones who played? That's why you lost? Real nice. How about yeah we are not as good as these other teams right now. What's wrong with that? The guy hit it on the head. Parents are the biggest problem on LI. They think they know everything about everything!

#465910 - 03/19/12 08:05 PM Re: GU13 Fall 2011/ Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jeff Cup was a waste of money. 98's can't compete with the best anymore. Everyone catches up at certain ages no matter how many kids you poach. The best training is out of New York State obviously. And the 98's trainer is decent but not close to these other teams out of state. You have the horses but still can't compete. Then it comes down to game prep and making adjustments during the game or having some balls and only play the best 14. But then you will be losing money. And thats what your all about.

And how many minutes did your kid play? Was it worth it? Probably not. But keep telling your kid she has to go. Is it for her or you? Tough question to ask yourself but probably even a tougher question for you to answer.

To be fair to Alby, a few of their players were hurt and didn't play, 4 were away at Id2 camp, and 2 are still recovering from previous injuries. I do agree that if a team wants to win they have to play their best players but that can be said about all teams. However, feel free to keep trashing them, it makes for enjoyable breaktime reading.

Ok so they only had 18 on the roster this weekend. Enough already. 4-2 is a beating. You let 4 goals in. News flash. That's alot in soccer. I don't care who you were missing. You are telling all the parents on your team that your kid is better then the ones who played? That's why you lost? Real nice. How about yeah we are not as good as these other teams right now. What's wrong with that? The guy hit it on the head. Parents are the biggest problem on LI. They think they know everything about everything!

And clearly you would be one of those know it all partents. 4 of 20 kids were at camp / try out for national team. 2 are out with injuries so that leaves 14 for the tournament and 3 were nursing injuries and could only play limited minutes in 80+ degree temps that northern teams aren't quite used to this early in season. Down 1 goal late in game most coaches change strategy in attempt to tie game - more often then not that doesn't work as oposing team adjusts to the increased preasure and often results in a 2 goal loss rather then a 1 goal loss. Thats not to say the better teams didn't win - they did - usually do.

My kid isn't on Alby I just happen to know some facts - but there will always be people that pretend to know what they don't. Unfortunetly most people on here have a very negative intention / agenda for some personel reason - or just no reason other then to be negative.

I'm pretty certain, from what I've seen, that Alby, RR and Impact are the best 3 teams on LI presently - and have been for a while - how long that continues is an uncertainty. I'm very happy with the team my kid is on and more importantly so is she. They are a very good team but I also know my kids team has a better chance of winning against any other team then one of those 3 I mentioned - for now that is...

#465918 - 03/19/12 08:21 PM Re: GU13 Fall 2011/ Spring 2012 [Re: Anyguy]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Anyguy
Hey Nostradumbass - your quote........

Mentioning the likes of mediocre D2 teams like DH and Sachem with the above teams let alone insulting all but top 3 (must be a joke) with delusional ranking just fuels more dislike toward these teams (well moron posting on here about them)enough that I'd expect little mercy from the returning D1 teams who will completely dominate each of the 6 mediocre D2 teams now moved up to D1. More so - if there was ever a division - of above 15 teams (your 13 plus Commack and Merrick) - certainly the only win or tie either Sachem or DH would have would be against each other. Not just 13-14 loss each but 13 scoreless loss's each and by huge margins - by end of 14 game season maybe 60 - 70 goals against each - if teams let up on you after 5-0, 1/2 time leads! Most of the 13 other teams you have the nerve to think you are in the conversation with - (or leave out!) would not just beat you but crush you - man down and bare foot! With cleats, Alby would still likely beat you playing 6 vs 11 without subbing!

So let's see, um, the four returning D1 teams should have won by a combined score of AT LEAST 20-0 yesterday in the LI Cup. Right? They were 2-2 with 8 goals for and 5 against playing D2 teams.

Yes, quite a difference between D1 and D2. I should start paying more attention to your wisdom.

60 - 70 goals against. Blathering idiot.

Early exit (1st round) really has Angry Guy really angry about losing to Sachem it seems! Too bad too - was looking forward to seeing one of the better teams put a 5 spot or more on this loud mouths team down the road but a 2nd round exit was the best they could have realistically ever hoped for. Sachem talks almost as much smack as Angry Guy so they deserve a wupp'n just as much - and I'm sure Commack Crush will do just that - crush them!

#465932 - 03/19/12 09:16 PM Re: GU13 Fall 2011/ Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

And clearly you would be one of those know it all partents. 4 of 20 kids were at camp / try out for national team. 2 are out with injuries so that leaves 14 for the tournament and 3 were nursing injuries and could only play limited minutes in 80+ degree temps that northern teams aren't quite used to this early in season. Down 1 goal late in game most coaches change strategy in attempt to tie game - more often then not that doesn't work as oposing team adjusts to the increased preasure and often results in a 2 goal loss rather then a 1 goal loss. Thats not to say the better teams didn't win - they did - usually do.

My kid isn't on Alby I just happen to know some facts - but there will always be people that pretend to know what they don't. Unfortunetly most people on here have a very negative intention / agenda for some personel reason - or just no reason other then to be negative.

I'm pretty certain, from what I've seen, that Alby, RR and Impact are the best 3 teams on LI presently - and have been for a while - how long that continues is an uncertainty. I'm very happy with the team my kid is on and more importantly so is she. They are a very good team but I also know my kids team has a better chance of winning against any other team then one of those 3 I mentioned - for now that is...

Yeah that's right they tried out for the national team. The funniest thing I have heard on this in a long time!! You really are an idiot. That's the first thing. Educate yourself on the National team and how it works. Second is you have to be a TOTAL loser to not be on the team but no every intricate detail! Please sir or women get a life! More than who is playing in heat and nursing injuries for a team you are supposedly not on. But I believe you are on the team and it sounds like once again you guys are making EXCUSES for not being the best in your own mind anymore.

Page 146 of 268 < 1 2 ... 144 145 146 147 148 ... 267 268 >

Moderator:  Arielle, Larry Miller, ZiggyRowe 
Tournaments

BOCA Juniors
Summer Tournaments
Oceanside SC Labor Day
East End Tournament
TWIST
W.I. Roar at The Shore
LIRR Kickoff Classic
EMSC Summer
WBSC ASA Labor Day
RYSA Wildcats Labor Day
Summer Camps & Leagues
Rough Riders
East Islip SC
Coastal Camps
NYSC Camps
NYSC Core Training
NY Rush
Coastal Summer League
PSA Development Pgm.
House of Sports
EDP College Prep Camp
USAS Summer Camps
PSA & USAS Camp
Hofstra University
Superdome World Class
SUSA Summer
Adult Men's League
KK Athletics
NY Stars
BOCA Juniors
Fall & Columbus Weekend
MAPS Fall Challenge
East Islip Fall Classic
Northport SC
Parsippany Pride
RVSC College Showcase
Sponsors

LI Rough Riders
Training Program
Soccer Camps
Jr. Rough Riders
Rough Riders Select
Men's & Women's Tickets
Globall Sports Centers
Soccer Leagues
Soccer Tournaments
Training Clinics
Birthday Parties
Field Rentals
SUSA Bubble Lindenhurst
Youth Leagues
Tournaments
Adult Leagues
Training & Academy Programs
Field Rentals
Summer League
Soccer Coliseum
Tournaments
Training
Youth Leagues
Adult Leagues
Premier Soccer Academy
Tournaments
Youth Academy ID Camps
Camps
Coaching Services
Kickiní Kiddie Program
Who's Online
12 registered (GaryV, Cpetro11, Dustin, TCarlson, basoccer, Larry Miller, Dave Birnbaum, GK GU14, Skimat, Ilbeeg, msilverstein47, Bill Maier), 823 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Boys NPL Listing
Brentwood | Bklyn Italians | Everton Amer. | Eastern FC | East Meadow SC | Massapequa | STA Soccer | NY Elite | HOTA | Parsippany SC | Princeton SC | Soccer Plus Acad. |

Click Here!

Copyright (c) Back of THE NET 1993 - 2014