Division 1
Division 2
Division 3
2014-2015 ENY (State) Cup
Challenge Cup U10-U12
Challenge Cup U13-U19
Open Cup
New Jersey Leagues
Northern Counties | CJYSA | JAGS | Morris County | Metro | Jersey Coast | Monmouth Ocean | Mid-Jersey | South Jersey | South Jersey Girls |
ECNL
ECNL Standings
EDP Fall 2014
Brackets
Schedules
NSCAA HS & College Rankings
USSF Academies
USSF Academy Schedules
US Soccer
Coaching Drills
Girls NPL Listing
Aztec Soccer | Brentwood | ISA | Massapequa | Massachusetts Premier | STA | NEFC | NJ Crush | NJSA04 | NY Rush | NR Sting | Oakwood | Parsippany SC | Seacoast Utd. | Yankee Utd. |
Latest Tryout Posts
High Level Committed Bu15 Looking for New Situation
by Soccermom370
09/16/14 11:50 AM
Looking to Add Boys U17 Premier Goalkeeper
by Nassau United 97
09/15/14 11:21 PM
U13 Girls Hota Cyclones looking for 2-3 high level comitted players
by zarla01
09/14/14 01:49 PM
Newest Members
threesoccer kids, rireonfire, Union1983, joumana, Lorraine b
13296 Registered Users
BOTN Photo Gallery
Hubie Hamburgers
Page 2 of 60 < 1 2 3 4 ... 59 60 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#441520 - 07/13/11 04:50 PM Re: LIJSL BU10 Fall 2011 - Spring 2012 [Re: Larry Miller]
Anonymous
Unregistered

SSI has always been an alternative for those who do not want to play travel soccer. It never was a threat to LIJSL's business.

Junior Soccer Advertisements

Click Here!

#441521 - 07/13/11 05:11 PM Re: LIJSL BU10 Fall 2011 - Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Larry Miller Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

Loc: Greenwich Village
Originally Posted By: Anonymous
SSI has always been an alternative for those who do not want to play travel soccer. It never was a threat to LIJSL's business.

LIJSL made SSI's life miserable over insurance issues which is why Lou affiliated with US Club Soccer. True, SSI did not threaten the LIJSL president, and did not go out to hurt the league.

Some people think they are smarter than they really are and think of themselves as so self-important that the hurt they put on others, including the players is not given a second thought.

As coach or a parent you need to realize that U9 is available in the LIJSL and the only way to go beyond LIJSL in a few years is to be in LIJSL and with good standing.

#441554 - 07/14/11 11:15 AM Re: LIJSL BU10 Fall 2011 - Spring 2012 [Re: Larry Miller]
mom22gr8kids Offline
Back of THE NET

Loc: Long Island
So, a quick question regarding this--inter-town moving to travel. If you belong to a club that had tryouts and created two U9 travel teams for the upcoming year.

There were several kids cut from the team and the head trainer "promises that there will be a "C" team for next year. How would this U9 team be viewed for next year in U10? (Oh, and some of the cuts were because of coach choices and some of the players could easily be interchanged with about half of the players that made the "B" team).

#441569 - 07/14/11 03:28 PM Re: LIJSL BU10 Fall 2011 - Spring 2012 [Re: mom22gr8kids]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: mom22g8kids
So, a quick question regarding this--inter-town moving to travel. If you belong to a club that had tryouts and created two U9 travel teams for the upcoming year.

There were several kids cut from the team and the head trainer "promises that there will be a "C" team for next year. How would this U9 team be viewed for next year in U10? (Oh, and some of the cuts were because of coach choices and some of the players could easily be interchanged with about half of the players that made the "B" team).

If my kids didnít make either of the two U9 teams irrespective of whether they didnít get in due to skills or politics I would not wait a year to see if the club has enough kids to make a ďCĒ team. Even if the coach is sincere there might only be 5-7 kids available where a team needs 12 to be viable. Find another club for your kids to train and play for as waiting around for a year will not help your kids.

#441570 - 07/14/11 03:47 PM Re: LIJSL BU10 Fall 2011 - Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
mom22gr8kids Offline
Back of THE NET

Loc: Long Island
That's exactly what I was thinking. Especially since the U9 age group has been left in what I would like to call a "soccer quasi" land. Very little extra training offered--it seems that if they didn't make the "A" or the "B" team, they fall into this hole and you have to figure it out yourself.

Now to find a more suitable place for my child.

Thanks for replying!

#441615 - 07/15/11 01:11 PM Re: LIJSL BU10 Fall 2011 - Spring 2012 [Re: mom22gr8kids]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: mom22g8kids
That's exactly what I was thinking. Especially since the U9 age group has been left in what I would like to call a "soccer quasi" land. Very little extra training offered--it seems that if they didn't make the "A" or the "B" team, they fall into this hole and you have to figure it out yourself.

Now to find a more suitable place for my child.

Thanks for replying!

You should not feel bad about switching clubs if it is not meeting your needs but try to find a club/team where your kids can stay for a couple of years as switching around every season does not work. At this age I would look for a team that is 30 minute car ride max and offers good training with at least two training sessions per week by a trainer that knows what they are doing.

The best way to identify if there is a good fit between your kids and a new team is to practice with them a few times and try to guest play at a tournament. Ask the coach and your kids for feedback after a couple of rounds and you will have a good idea of whether you should sign up.

If you list where you are located folks might be able to steer you in the right direction for a team. You should not wait long as rosters are being finalized for next season.

#443130 - 08/05/11 09:51 PM Re: LIJSL BU10 Fall 2011 - Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Come on folks, let's talk soccer here!!

#443189 - 08/06/11 03:23 PM Re: LIJSL BU10 Fall 2011 - Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Go ahead. You start.

#443863 - 08/15/11 12:50 AM Re: LIJSL BU10 Fall 2011 - Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

What are the LIJSL rules and politics of transferring from U10 to U11 within the same club, with a very talented player?

My son has guested for our U11 club and has proven he can excel on both levels.

Better to play up? Better to play within age group? What happens when and if it's time to transfer back?

#443988 - 08/15/11 07:03 PM Re: LIJSL BU10 Fall 2011 - Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

My son just turned 8 and is playing U10. I believe it's a club rule as opposed to a LIJSL one. I was told that I can move him back down if needed. Wouldn't be an issue. He has been playing up though since intramural, so he's always played with this age group which also could have contributed to it not being an issue.

#444348 - 08/19/11 12:39 AM Re: LIJSL BU10 Fall 2011 - Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think you need to evaluate who he plays with on the u10 team. He may excel at both levels, but what is better for him is to play on a team with the same level of players, its not about being the best player on the team. Surround him with kids that are equally talented and watch him develop his skills. Hard to do that with kids not on his level...

#445755 - 09/05/11 10:29 AM Re: LIJSL BU10 Fall 2011 - Spring 2012 [Re: Larry Miller]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wat to go Cold Spring Harbor Huntington Red Bulls!!!

The worst display of sportsmanship I've every seen. Running up the scores, 9-0, 8-0, 11-0.

#445782 - 09/05/11 01:47 PM Re: LIJSL BU10 Fall 2011 - Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nice post. It's not Cold Spring Harbors fault they were put in a weak division. I am sure they were thinned about wasting their entire Labor Day weekend playing teams that could compete. It's also frustrating tfor them to come down for a game and after 5 minutes telling 10 year olds you are not allowed to score anymore, 4 games in a row. Plus when you have a tournament with several teams that don't all play each other, and the potential tie breaker is "goals for" what do you expect? That is why championship games are often valuable. You go to a tournament and play nice not to hurt feelings and come out with nothing, plus your team is burdened with keep away.

It's early in the year. Soon everyone will know each teams level and by the spring there will be less likelihood of creating tournament mismatches.

They were placed in the wrong division and were bored, show show sportsmanship yourself and tip your hat to a better team, that needs to move up a level.

#445902 - 09/06/11 06:17 PM Re: LIJSL BU10 Fall 2011 - Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Anonymous
Nice post. It's not Cold Spring Harbors fault they were put in a weak division. I am sure they were thinned about wasting their entire Labor Day weekend playing teams that could compete. It's also frustrating tfor them to come down for a game and after 5 minutes telling 10 year olds you are not allowed to score anymore, 4 games in a row. Plus when you have a tournament with several teams that don't all play each other, and the potential tie breaker is "goals for" what do you expect? That is why championship games are often valuable. You go to a tournament and play nice not to hurt feelings and come out with nothing, plus your team is burdened with keep away.

It's early in the year. Soon everyone will know each teams level and by the spring there will be less likelihood of creating tournament mismatches.

They were placed in the wrong division and were bored, show show sportsmanship yourself and tip your hat to a better team, that needs to move up a level.

LAME EXCUSE these are 9 and 10 yr olds, coaches should be ashamed and parents embarased.
You do not have to tell them not to score,many ways to limit the pain of the other team,
Pull a player or 2 play short
stikers use weak foot only,
defenders donot cross mid field,
5 passes before shooting ect wake up they are KIDS

#445945 - 09/06/11 11:53 PM Re: LIJSL BU10 Fall 2011 - Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

You are right, they are kids. Bet you today they don,t care. Each team suffered one severe loss in the tournament. In the end it's mostly about the parents feeling embarrassed. The kids have moved on.

I did not see the games, I am imagining the coach probably tried to limit in some way. Perhaps his defenders were playing forward, maybe they had a 3 touch rule. If they didn't make any adjustments I would agree that is not ideal. However teams pay slot of money for the tournaments and in this case Cold Spring Harbor was in a wrong division, and although your view is the presiding judgement of most, I point out that it is also unfair CSH has to quit after 5 minutes in every game they signed up for, and I am sure the kids you ar trying to protect are not concerned in the least and posting trash against teams on BOTN 3 days later.

Page 2 of 60 < 1 2 3 4 ... 59 60 >

Moderator:  Arielle, Larry Miller, ZiggyRowe 
Tournaments

Fall & Columbus Weekend
MAPS Fall Challenge
East Islip Fall Classic
Northport SC
Fall EDP Cup
Parsippany Pride
RVSC College Showcase
FC Westchester
Soccer Coliseum 5v5
Syosset u6 - u9
EDP College Showcase
MAPS Cup (Girls)
Winter Classic
Winter Leagues & Tournaments
Coleman Country
Rough Riders
Soccer Coliseum
KK Athletics
Coastal
SUSA Week 1
SUSA Week 2
Sports Underdome
Rockland CC
2015 Tournaments
Manhattan Pre-Spring Kickoff
RYSA Wildcats Labor Day
Sponsors

Globall Sports Centers
Soccer Leagues
Soccer Tournaments
Training Clinics
Birthday Parties
Field Rentals
LI Rough Riders
Training Program
Soccer Camps
Jr. Rough Riders
Rough Riders Select
Men's & Women's Tickets
SUSA Bubble Lindenhurst
Youth Leagues
Tournaments
Adult Leagues
Training & Academy Programs
Field Rentals
Summer League
Soccer Coliseum
Tournaments
Training
Youth Leagues
Adult Leagues
Premier Soccer Academy
Tournaments
Youth Academy ID Camps
Camps
Coaching Services
Kickiní Kiddie Program
Who's Online
2 registered (GG1 N J18, StenoDiva), 253 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Boys NPL Listing
Brentwood | Bklyn Italians | Everton Amer. | Eastern FC | East Meadow SC | Massapequa | STA Soccer | NY Elite | HOTA | Parsippany SC | Princeton SC | Soccer Plus Acad. |

Click Here!

Copyright (c) Back of THE NET 1993 - 2014