Spring Leagues Scores: | NPL | NYCSL | NYPL | JSS | NY (State) Cup | WYSL | CJSL | LIJSL | EDP | Challenge Cup 1/4 Finals | ECNL |
| Challenge Cup | Open Cup | Long Island Cup | Region 1 Premier | NERP | Colonial League | Staten Island | ENYP | EHYSL | NJ (State) Cup |

Spring Tournaments: | MSSL College Showcase | Commack SC Memorial Day | Pocono Cup Memorial Day |
| EDP Cup (U11-U14) | EDP Cup (U15-U17) | Manalapan SC Memorial Day | MSSL Memorial Day Explosion |

Nobody Does It Better
NYCSL & JSS Schedules, Scores & Standings
| NYCSL | NYPL | NPL |
NY (State) Cup | JSS |
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Spring '14 Scores & Standings
Long Island Cup
Fall Sportsmanship Standings
Region 1 League Scores
Premier League
NERP
Colonial League
2013-2014 ENY (State) Cup
Challenge Cup U10-U12
Challenge Cup U13-U19
Open Cup
New Jersey Leagues
Northern Counties | CJYSA | JAGS | Morris County | Metro | Jersey Coast | Monmouth Ocean | Mid-Jersey | South Jersey | South Jersey Girls |
ECNL
ECNL Standings
EDP Spring 2014
Brackets, Schedules & Scores
Commack Academy Tryouts
Latest Tryout Posts
B'Elite Player Development SC Tryouts GU14
by Chaosmanager
21 minutes 21 seconds ago
Manhattan SC U11 Power
by Soccersurvivor3
Yesterday at 04:31 PM
Quickstrike FC NPL Girls Premier Tryouts
by Mike D'Agostino
Yesterday at 03:18 PM
Good Jams & Hot Licks!
NSCAA HS & College Rankings
Coaching Drills
USSF Academies
USSF Academy Schedules
US Soccer
Newest Members
Merrick Gunners, Mike D'Agostino, goaliekid522, DHarvey, TheLastStand
12983 Registered Users
BOTN News Alerts
Subscribe to our newsletter
Google Translate
Forum Stats
12983 Members
10 Forums
7052 Topics
359474 Posts

Max Online: 2013 @ 01/26/14 10:52 PM
BOTN Photo Gallery
J&R Music World & Computer World is No More
Page 182 of 206 < 1 2 ... 180 181 182 183 184 ... 205 206 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#478224 - 05/29/12 03:14 PM Re: BU-11 Fall2011/Spring2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Anonymous
I think the Lincoln Page tournament would have been won by any top D1 teams. POB currently in 6th place in N1 out classed the rest of the field. The soccer plus kids are okay and also would be beaten easily by the top N1 and S1 teams. Nevertheless, it is a good accomplishment for POB, who are on the bubble to stay in D1 in the fall. This tournament win may give them that extra boost to win their final games of the season and hang in D1.

Top D1 teams should win the tournament. POB should have outclassed all their opponents except for Soccer Plus. They played a weak Bay Shore team (bottom of S2) and weak Jericho team (bottom of N2) and the Albertson 'B' team (top of N3). The POB - Soccer Plus games were very evenly matched and good games. Soccer Plus is in the NPL so HBC, Brentwood, Massapequa and Hota will be playing them on a seasonal basis.

This is the same Soccer Plus team that killed everyone last year in the Mass tournament on their way to a finals win over BWG. They had no trouble with a good S1 team in DH beating them 8-2, so give POB credit for not just beating them once in their bracket but beating them again in the finals.

Definitely not the same team. SPA did not have the six foot tall kid (no exaggeration) who was a man among boys last year. They were still good and give POB credit for beating them twice. POB is a good team. They don't have a true star, but move the ball nicely and play good positional soccer. Give their kids, coaches and trainers credit. They are doing something right and are better than they were a year ago relatively speaking.

Alot of chatter about a team that won a mediocre tournament against mediocre teams. POB is a middle of the road D1 Team and they know it. POB coaches , parents, or trainers are making these post in a futile attempt to remain relavant.POB most likely will be a D2 team next season.Next topic, Please!!

What do you want to talk about, The Crush!?

Junior Soccer Advertisements

Click Here!

#478227 - 05/29/12 03:23 PM Re: BU-11 Fall2011/Spring2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think the Lincoln Page tournament would have been won by any top D1 teams. POB currently in 6th place in N1 out classed the rest of the field. The soccer plus kids are okay and also would be beaten easily by the top N1 and S1 teams. Nevertheless, it is a good accomplishment for POB, who are on the bubble to stay in D1 in the fall. This tournament win may give them that extra boost to win their final games of the season and hang in D1.

Top D1 teams should win the tournament. POB should have outclassed all their opponents except for Soccer Plus. They played a weak Bay Shore team (bottom of S2) and weak Jericho team (bottom of N2) and the Albertson 'B' team (top of N3). The POB - Soccer Plus games were very evenly matched and good games. Soccer Plus is in the NPL so HBC, Brentwood, Massapequa and Hota will be playing them on a seasonal basis.

This is the same Soccer Plus team that killed everyone last year in the Mass tournament on their way to a finals win over BWG. They had no trouble with a good S1 team in DH beating them 8-2, so give POB credit for not just beating them once in their bracket but beating them again in the finals.

Definitely not the same team. SPA did not have the six foot tall kid (no exaggeration) who was a man among boys last year. They were still good and give POB credit for beating them twice. POB is a good team. They don't have a true star, but move the ball nicely and play good positional soccer. Give their kids, coaches and trainers credit. They are doing something right and are better than they were a year ago relatively speaking.

Alot of chatter about a team that won a mediocre tournament against mediocre teams. POB is a middle of the road D1 Team and they know it. POB coaches , parents, or trainers are making these post in a futile attempt to remain relavant.POB most likely will be a D2 team next season.Next topic, Please!!

Not from POB but did attend the mediocre Massapequa Tournament that you speak of. I am sure you must be from one of the elite teams that went to Delco and did so well. By the way, learn how to spell "A lot " and "relevant".

#478235 - 05/29/12 03:49 PM Re: BU-11 Fall2011/Spring2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not from POB but did attend the mediocre Massapequa Tournament that you speak of. I am sure you must be from one of the elite teams that went to Delco and did so well. By the way, learn how to spell "A lot " and "relevant".

I know the cold hard facts hurt. POB and elite unfortunately will never appear in the same sentence. Delco was a blast, hope to see you there next year. The ultimate sign that your getting under someone's skin on BON is when they start correcting your spelling as a comeback.

#478248 - 05/29/12 04:09 PM Re: BU-11 Fall2011/Spring2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Looking at Delco, Crush only loss was to final winners. Unlucky draw to be in that bracket. Not a crush fan, but report accurately. They only lost to one team that ended up winning whole thing. Looks like at least they repaid LI well. Good job

Did not see that. Sorry. Went based on another posters post.

#478280 - 05/29/12 05:24 PM Re: BU-11 Fall2011/Spring2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Does anyone know where the LI Cup finals will be played? I believe in years past, it was at the P Lot in Stony Brook.

#478286 - 05/29/12 06:19 PM Re: BU-11 Fall2011/Spring2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Preview
"I know the cold hard facts hurt. POB and elite unfortunately will never appear in the same sentence. Delco was a blast, hope to see you there next year. The ultimate sign that your getting under someone's skin on BON is when they start correcting your spelling as a comeback."

POB isn't out there bragging, all a couple of people said was "nice job" and this is the response from the blow hard that thought his kid was better than he really is, brought him and his merry band to Delco and got a butt kickin' Someone has Self Esteem issues, don't they? Let it out friend, it will make you feel better about yourself. And while you're at it; go have your son pick on some kid from the Chess Team, you know the same kid that might hire your son some day.

Geez!

#478291 - 05/29/12 06:42 PM Re: BU-11 Fall2011/Spring2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

does anyone know which teams in u-11 will not be back in LIJSL in the fall because they are moving to another league? I keep hearing rumors but would like to know. It sounds like there may be a lot of d-1,2 and 3 teams leaving. If their top teams or two teams goes to this NPL, do their b and c teams have to leave LIJSL as well? When do these clubs or teams need to inform LIJSL that they are leaving. Some of the clubs have 2-4 teams in our age group. Thanks for any input here.

#478297 - 05/29/12 07:32 PM Re: BU-11 Fall2011/Spring2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Top D1 teams should win the tournament. POB should have outclassed all their opponents except for Soccer Plus. They played a weak Bay Shore team (bottom of S2) and weak Jericho team (bottom of N2) and the Albertson 'B' team (top of N3). The POB - Soccer Plus games were very evenly matched and good games. Soccer Plus is in the NPL so HBC, Brentwood,
Massapequa and Hota will be playing them on a seasonal basis.

My God, enough with the POB love festival They do not build out of the back and play over the top quite often when gaining possesion in the backfield. That is a fact! Good, but not nearly
the class of the division.

#478302 - 05/29/12 07:58 PM Re: BU-11 Fall2011/Spring2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

All NPL Clubs will not be fielding their Top teams in any local league
(LIJ, CJSL, WYSL, EHYSL etc)

Most of the NPL CLubs will also place their "B" level teams (most are as good as any "town" based "A" team in the NYPL. The landscape has been significantly changed. The NYCSL is quickly becoming the league of choice for top level teams. It is theirs for the taking unless they screw it up... My son's team is currently in the NPL and I can tell you that the League is run professionally. The level of competition has been terrific and we are excited to be part of this program.

#478310 - 05/29/12 09:00 PM Re: BU-11 Fall2011/Spring2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Most of the NPL CLubs will also place their "B" level teams (most are as good as any "town" based "A" team in the RPL. The landscape has been significantly changed. The NYCSL is quickly becoming the league of choice for top level teams. It is theirs for the taking unless they screw it up... My son's team is currently in the NPL and I can tell you that the League is run professionally. The level of competition has been terrific and we are excited to be part of this program.

US Club Soccer NPL (National Premier League) has two leagues in our area, the Northeast Pre Academy and NYCSL (New York Club Soccer League).
These leagues are both the highest level of competition in the country. The winner of each plays the winner of the other 11 NPL leagues to become National Champion. These two leagues should combine to make 1 Super league. Who would be the person to make that happen ?

#478317 - 05/29/12 09:23 PM Re: BU-11 Fall2011/Spring2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

They can't be that good this year if POB beat them twice.

I am a parent of a Soccer Plus player. In our defense (I hate to do this, but..) we were without our top striker, top defender, and goalie. 2 were out due to injury and one was away. The goalie we had in has never played the position, but did an admirable job under the circumstances. That being said, we make no excuses for losing. POB played great. I just want to clarify that we are actually better than what we came to this tournamnet with. We normally have 14 players at these tournaments, but had to come with 11. We were the defending champs and made a committment to come, so we knew it would be a tall task.

We'll see in the fall how the new NPL league goes. I am really looking forward to it. Our team has trouble finding competitive matches at U11 and we actually play 11 v 11 in U12 up here in the Hudson Valley. I think it will be good for all involved.

NPL will be 8v8 at U12

#478319 - 05/29/12 09:32 PM Re: BU-11 Fall2011/Spring2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

does anyone know which teams in u-11 will not be back in LIJSL in the fall because they are moving to another league? I keep hearing rumors but would like to know. It sounds like there may be a lot of d-1,2 and 3 teams leaving. If their top teams or two teams goes to this NPL, do their b and c teams have to leave LIJSL as well? When do these clubs or teams need to inform LIJSL that they are leaving. Some of the clubs have 2-4 teams in our age group. Thanks for any input here.

Brentwood, HBC, massapequa and NY Hota will have their top team in NPL and a second team in NPLs regional league.

#478321 - 05/29/12 09:38 PM Re: BU-11 Fall2011/Spring2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Most of the NPL CLubs will also place their "B" level teams (most are as good as any "town" based "A" team in the RPL. The landscape has been significantly changed. The NYCSL is quickly becoming the league of choice for top level teams. It is theirs for the taking unless they screw it up... My son's team is currently in the NPL and I can tell you that the League is run professionally. The level of competition has been terrific and we are excited to be part of this program.

US Club Soccer NPL (National Premier League) has two leagues in our area, the Northeast Pre Academy and NYCSL (New York Club Soccer League).
These leagues are both the highest level of competition in the country. The winner of each plays the winner of the other 11 NPL leagues to become National Champion. These two leagues should combine to make 1 Super league. Who would be the person to make that happen ?

Gary Grossman of JSS and NY Soccer Club will be the one to make it happen. It's a shame that LIJ has become neutered at the top level. ENY Region 1 will become non existant in a season or two and soon after NERP will be finished. Within 3 years, LIJ D1 will be the equivelant of D2/D3 as it is currently constituted. Sad. But the sloths at LIJ almost invited this to happen by not having a clue as to their top level teams and placements.

#478325 - 05/29/12 09:50 PM Re: BU-11 Fall2011/Spring2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Preview
"I know the cold hard facts hurt. POB and elite unfortunately will never appear in the same sentence. Delco was a blast, hope to see you there next year. The ultimate sign that your getting under someone's skin on BON is when they start correcting your spelling as a comeback."

POB isn't out there bragging, all a couple of people said was "nice job" and this is the response from the blow hard that thought his kid was better than he really is, brought him and his merry band to Delco and got a butt kickin' Someone has Self Esteem issues, don't they? Let it out friend, it will make you feel better about yourself. And while you're at it; go have your son pick on some kid from the Chess Team, you know the same kid that might hire your son some day.

Geez!

Agreed, but easy on the chess stuff. I don't think the majority of this audience understands the Delco tourney or any of the major regional events. It is a premier level competition at the top level. ANy and all of our club teams currently can not compete with the "super clubs" that enter. Fact of the matter is, all of the D1 teams in N1 and S1 are basically town teams. Even the Crush has it's core from the Dix Hills Club. There is no exception and none of the LI teams can compete down there. POB, nice job, nice team and coming a long way quickly. Congrats. That said they are who they are. They lost early in the State Cup and lost to a BP team in the LI Cup who are flawed and struggling teams they should beat. There is no dominant N1 or S1 team as we speak. Top 6 or 7 in both N1 and S1 are the same team in essence. Sorry to Larry to kill the epic thread but its reality. Good for POB winning the Pequa Tourney and good for all of the teams that went away this past weekend (and had their as*es handed to them by teams from Jersey, Penn, and Chicago) for throwing their hat in the ring, testing the medal and finding out that there is a whole different level of soccer outside of LI.

#478326 - 05/29/12 10:05 PM Re: BU-11 Fall2011/Spring2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

They can't be that good this year if POB beat them twice.

I am a parent of a Soccer Plus player. In our defense (I hate to do this, but..) we were without our top striker, top defender, and goalie. 2 were out due to injury and one was away. The goalie we had in has never played the position, but did an admirable job under the circumstances. That being said, we make no excuses for losing. POB played great. I just want to clarify that we are actually better than what we came to this tournamnet with. We normally have 14 players at these tournaments, but had to come with 11. We were the defending champs and made a committment to come, so we knew it would be a tall task.

We'll see in the fall how the new NPL league goes. I am really looking forward to it. Our team has trouble finding competitive matches at U11 and we actually play 11 v 11 in U12 up here in the Hudson Valley. I think it will be good for all involved.

NPL will be 8v8 at U12

Is it 8v8 or 9v9? Either way, I think the smaller field is fine until U13. It is a different game for sure at 11v11.

Page 182 of 206 < 1 2 ... 180 181 182 183 184 ... 205 206 >

Tournaments

Memorial & Spring Tourneys
MSSL College Showcase
Commack SC Memorial Day
Pocono Cup Memorial Day
Manalapan SC Memorial
EDP Cup (U11-U14)
EDP Cup (U15-U17)
MSSL Explosion
Summer Tournaments
EMSC Summer Tournament
EDP Invitational Festival
Central Jersey Invit.
Lehigh Valley Steamroll
MAPS Caps Classic
Pocono Premier Cup
RVSC Summer Select
Oceanside SC Labor Day
The Rider Cup
Sand & Beach Soccer
Summer Camps
Berkshire Girls Academy
Rough Riders
East Islip SC
Fall & Columbus Weekend
MAPS Fall Challenge
East Islip Fall Classic
Sponsors

LI Rough Riders
Training Program
Soccer Camps
Jr. Rough Riders
Rough Riders Select
Men's & Women's Tickets
SUSA Bubble Lindenhurst
Youth Leagues
Tournaments
Adult Leagues
Training & Academy Programs
Field Rentals
Globall Sports Centers
Soccer Leagues
Soccer Tournaments
Training Clinics
Birthday Parties
Field Rentals
Soccer Coliseum
Tournaments
Training
Youth Leagues
Adult Leagues
Premier Soccer Academy
Summer Development Program
Youth Academy ID Camps
Camps&Tournaments
Coaching Services
Kickiní Kiddie Program
Who's Online
2 registered (Larry Miller, Chaosmanager), 389 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

Click Here!

Copyright (c) Back of THE NET 1993 - 2014