Spring Leagues Scores: | NPL | NYCSL | NYPL | JSS | NY (State) Cup | WYSL | CJSL | LIJSL | EDP | Challenge Cup 1/4 Finals | ECNL |
| Challenge Cup | Open Cup | Long Island Cup | Region 1 Premier | NERP | Colonial League | Staten Island | ENYP | EHYSL | NJ (State) Cup |

Spring Tournaments: | MSSL College Showcase | Commack SC Memorial Day | Pocono Cup Memorial Day |
| EDP Cup (U11-U14) | EDP Cup (U15-U17) | Manalapan SC Memorial Day | MSSL Memorial Day Explosion |

Nobody Does It Better
Latest Tryout Posts
Fall 2014 Girls u12 (now Girls u11) South Huntington Thunder
by girlsthunder
Yesterday at 05:03 PM
Bu16 player looking to guest play memorial day?
by Utilityplayer300
Yesterday at 10:01 AM
BU11 Northport Cow Harbor Rowdies Open Practices
by coachrowdie
Yesterday at 09:08 AM
NYCSL & JSS Schedules, Scores & Standings
| NYCSL | NYPL | NPL |
NY (State) Cup | JSS |
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Spring '14 Scores & Standings
Long Island Cup
Fall Sportsmanship Standings
Region 1 League Scores
Premier League
NERP
Colonial League
2013-2014 ENY (State) Cup
Challenge Cup U10-U12
Challenge Cup U13-U19
Open Cup
New Jersey Leagues
Northern Counties | CJYSA | JAGS | Morris County | Metro | Jersey Coast | Monmouth Ocean | Mid-Jersey | South Jersey | South Jersey Girls |
ECNL
ECNL Standings
EDP Spring 2014
Brackets, Schedules & Scores
Commack Academy Tryouts
NSCAA HS & College Rankings
Coaching Drills
USSF Academies
USSF Academy Schedules
US Soccer
Newest Members
Thunderhawks14, beekmancrew, Desnkyle, GalaxyMgr, cscottslp
12993 Registered Users
BOTN News Alerts
Subscribe to our newsletter
Google Translate
BOTN Photo Gallery
J&R Music World & Computer World is No More
Page 19 of 58 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 57 58 >
New Reply
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#464269 - 03/05/12 05:02 PM Re: GU14 Premier Fall 2011/ Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Anonymous
Wow those bracket are lopsided.

1. Brentwood should be in the top flight. Really World Class, Holmdel and every CFC Arsenal over them.

2. The A Bracket is much weaker then the B Bracket. I mean you have 2 2nd flight teams in any other tournament on the A side. Then NJ Crush just CRUSHED the CRUSH at WAGS. While on the other side you have 4 very good defensive teams that are going to kill each other with physical play. Alot of 0-0, 1-1, 1-0 games I see.

I think they should switch 1 team from A - Coppa or Holmdel with World Class.

I think CRUSH should easily win the A flight but I think whoever wins the B bracket will win the tournament as they will be more battle tested.

However it could work against the B bracket since its very early in the spring season so the girls might now be in full shape to beat a team like CRUSH in the finals after a hard time getting through their own bracket.

thoughts ......

You where pretty much right on.

While I was correct - I like to say Congrats to NJ Crush as they were the best team there. Although they were easily the best team in their flight they took care of everyone and won to open their season. I am looking forward to my daughter's team playing the crush this spring. They are always a great coached and well rounded team that gives our team a great game.

Good luck to all u14 girls this spring.

Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Click Here!

#464343 - 03/05/12 10:19 PM Re: GU14 Premier Fall 2011/ Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
ZiggyRowe Offline

Back of THE NET

Originally Posted By: ZiggyRowe
The games I saw at Randalls in this age group had some very good moments in them. Many of the teams have benefited from the mild winter and practicing outdoors. The MSC tournament was a good experience for our girls and parents. I thought the refs did a decent job, although I would have made at least half of the calls the other way, lol. The shuttle bus system ran very smoothly. No complaints other than not being able to use the pedestrian bridge to get into manhattan between games

This is a very talented age group and this weekend seemed a good start for the teams that participated. Thanks to MSC for a job well done.

Zig

What was your opinion of the NY teams

I usually try to not "judge" (at least out loud) as I can be a pretty harsh critic of much of what I see out there. I believe it is important to call a spade a spade, good play is good play and deficiencies are just that and to not speak in nuance or platitudes.

That being said, I thought there were really good moments of play in all the matches I saw. While some of the teams have been coached to play a style of soccer that I don't particularly like (and that I think is hurting the US game in general) there were moments of play where I could see a great potential for breaking out of the direct-game "mold". The NY teams that I saw used their physicality and quickness to great advantage and had moments of strong determination and success in closing down goal-scoring threats. There were some heroic plays made. That attitude impressed me the most as it shows a lot about the character of the individual players and of their potential with the right training. I thought that generally there was much room for improvement in bringing the ball through, and using, the midfield but, even so, it looks like these girls are learning to broaden their tactics- and that shows that the coaching is getting better.

Again, this was a very good start to the season for all the teams that were there. Good luck all!!

Zig

#464613 - 03/07/12 02:44 PM Re: GU14 Premier Fall 2011/ Spring 2012 [Re: ZiggyRowe]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Massapequa are not so much the dump and chase team they were a year ago and beyond. The problem is they are now playing catch up on the more technical teams that have developed this style over a long period of time. If only Mass would have adopted this approach years ago with the athletes they have, they may be a major force right now. Maybe with their forward injured they have looked to move it around more rather than playing so direct? The Crush team in particular plays with more style imagination and intelligence than the others I saw. Although the scores were close, in the 2 games I saw (mass game and east meadow), the other areas of the game (possession, territory, chances, corners etc) were stacked in the crush favor. On another day you could see the scores being quite different.

Whilst WC defended well in the game I saw vs Mass, they really looked out of their depth technically and seemed to just play for ties and just hammer the ball forward at any opportunity. It would have been better to have a team in their that could have a go at a team like Brentwood.

East Meadow I thought looked to play very physical in the final and too easily gave up possession of the ball to crush. They could have been behind by a lot more in the 1st half but crush wasted efforts on goal. In the second half the Explosion pressured and worked harder and just tried to stop the dynamite and really only had 1-2 corners and a couple of free kicks. Bottom line both East Meadow and Mass are very good teams. Both physical. Both teams can pass the ball, but against the better teams too often resort to the direct approach.

Good luck to all this season.

World class are a definite step below and maybe Brentwood too now going off their results, I just did not get to see them play to judge for myself.

#464745 - 03/08/12 04:17 PM Re: GU14 Premier Fall 2011/ Spring 2012 [Re: ZiggyRowe]
Anonymous
Unregistered

The games I saw at Randalls in this age group had some very good moments in them. Many of the teams have benefited from the mild winter and practicing outdoors. The MSC tournament was a good experience for our girls and parents. I thought the refs did a decent job, although I would have made at least half of the calls the other way, lol. The shuttle bus system ran very smoothly. No complaints other than not being able to use the pedestrian bridge to get into manhattan between games

This is a very talented age group and this weekend seemed a good start for the teams that participated. Thanks to MSC for a job well done.

Zig

What was your opinion of the NY teams

I usually try to not "judge" (at least out loud) as I can be a pretty harsh critic of much of what I see out there. I believe it is important to call a spade a spade, good play is good play and deficiencies are just that and to not speak in nuance or platitudes.

That being said, I thought there were really good moments of play in all the matches I saw. While some of the teams have been coached to play a style of soccer that I don't particularly like (and that I think is hurting the US game in general) there were moments of play where I could see a great potential for breaking out of the direct-game "mold". The NY teams that I saw used their physicality and quickness to great advantage and had moments of strong determination and success in closing down goal-scoring threats. There were some heroic plays made. That attitude impressed me the most as it shows a lot about the character of the individual players and of their potential with the right training. I thought that generally there was much room for improvement in bringing the ball through, and using, the midfield but, even so, it looks like these girls are learning to broaden their tactics- and that shows that the coaching is getting better.

Again, this was a very good start to the season for all the teams that were there. Good luck all!!

Zig

can an ECNL registered player from a club register for an lijsl team from the same club and play with both teams.... thanks

#464758 - 03/08/12 06:37 PM Re: GU14 Premier Fall 2011/ Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow those bracket are lopsided.

1. Brentwood should be in the top flight. Really World Class, Holmdel and every CFC Arsenal over them.

2. The A Bracket is much weaker then the B Bracket. I mean you have 2 2nd flight teams in any other tournament on the A side. Then NJ Crush just CRUSHED the CRUSH at WAGS. While on the other side you have 4 very good defensive teams that are going to kill each other with physical play. Alot of 0-0, 1-1, 1-0 games I see.

I think they should switch 1 team from A - Coppa or Holmdel with World Class.

I think CRUSH should easily win the A flight but I think whoever wins the B bracket will win the tournament as they will be more battle tested.

However it could work against the B bracket since its very early in the spring season so the girls might now be in full shape to beat a team like CRUSH in the finals after a hard time getting through their own bracket.

thoughts ......

You where pretty much right on.

While I was correct - I like to say Congrats to NJ Crush as they were the best team there. Although they were easily the best team in their flight they took care of everyone and won to open their season. I am looking forward to my daughter's team playing the crush this spring. They are always a great coached and well rounded team that gives our team a great game.

Good luck to all u14 girls this spring.

How was the NJ Crush "easily" the best team in their flight if they tied the injured Massapequa Crush 0 to 0.

#464767 - 03/08/12 08:00 PM Re: GU14 Premier Fall 2011/ Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Don't let the score mislead your little thoughts,-MOVE ON-
They Won Mass Didn't - Its that simple!

#464796 - 03/09/12 07:47 AM Re: GU14 Premier Fall 2011/ Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

This was everyone's first competitions of the season so I think it is safe to say you can't really judge right now. Let's see who steps it up during the season.

#464826 - 03/09/12 11:37 AM Re: GU14 Premier Fall 2011/ Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

"How was the NJ Crush "easily" the best team in their flight if they tied the injured Massapequa Crush 0 to 0."

Like it was said, look at the game, where it was played, possession, territory, chances, attempts, corners, free kicks etc. It seemed as though Mass wanted the tie and played for it as they remembered what happened in WAGS final. You need to realize also this is a team sport not an individual one, its about your entire roster competing. Crush clearly had many injuries also, but its not about individuals. Its not even about 1 thru 11, its about the entire roster. If a team is only reliant on one player, then you will only go so far at this age and beyond.

It is early season for all, it was a great warm up for all. Mass and Dynamite will see each other again in just over a week at Jefferson. Very tough group. Should be interesting.

#465242 - 03/13/12 08:33 PM PDA Brackets [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

EM - Lets represent the state of NY! Beat some of those teams that you never beat.

GO EM!

#465249 - 03/13/12 09:58 PM Re: PDA Brackets [Re: Anonymous]
ZiggyRowe Offline

Back of THE NET

#465667 - 03/18/12 06:10 PM Re: PDA Brackets [Re: ZiggyRowe]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ziggs.......PDA 9 NJ 8.........?????? Where were the goalies???? Seriously????? Is this correct?

#465677 - 03/18/12 06:59 PM Re: PDA Brackets [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ziggs.......PDA 9 NJ 8.........?????? Where were the goalies???? Seriously????? Is this correct?

Probably penalty kicks...?

#465686 - 03/18/12 07:50 PM Re: PDA Brackets [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Probably penalty kicks...?

Game was 0-0 Final

Went to PK's - I believe 11th kicker (felt like it) - PDA Goal keeper won it for PDA.

#465694 - 03/18/12 08:28 PM Re: GU13 Fall 2011/ Spring 2012 [Re: ZiggyRowe]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Did anyone else c the long island games? some of the teams r rising/dropping below expectations....

#465716 - 03/18/12 10:03 PM Re: GU13 Fall 2011/ Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Did anyone else c the long island games? some of the teams r rising/dropping below expectations....

Mass finally stopped hiding and is doing more than their one customary tournament (WAGS) . Finally! Welcome to the big leagues! Not so easy.

Page 19 of 58 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 57 58 >
Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Tournaments

Memorial & Spring Tourneys
MSSL College Showcase
Commack SC Memorial Day
Pocono Cup Memorial Day
Manalapan SC Memorial
EDP Cup (U11-U14)
EDP Cup (U15-U17)
MSSL Explosion
Summer Tournaments
Independence Cup
EMSC Summer Tournament
EDP Invitational Festival
Central Jersey Invit.
Lehigh Valley Steamroll
MAPS Caps Classic
Pocono Premier Cup
RVSC Summer Select
Oceanside SC Labor Day
The Rider Cup
Sand & Beach Soccer
Summer Camps
Berkshire Girls Academy
Rough Riders
East Islip SC
Fall & Columbus Weekend
MAPS Fall Challenge
East Islip Fall Classic
Sponsors

LI Rough Riders
Training Program
Soccer Camps
Jr. Rough Riders
Rough Riders Select
Men's & Women's Tickets
SUSA Bubble Lindenhurst
Youth Leagues
Tournaments
Adult Leagues
Training & Academy Programs
Field Rentals
Globall Sports Centers
Soccer Leagues
Soccer Tournaments
Training Clinics
Birthday Parties
Field Rentals
Soccer Coliseum
Tournaments
Training
Youth Leagues
Adult Leagues
Premier Soccer Academy
Summer Development Program
Youth Academy ID Camps
Camps&Tournaments
Coaching Services
Kickiní Kiddie Program
Who's Online
5 registered (One Who Knows, Utilityplayer300, Tony V56, GG1 N J18, Coachjaydh), 521 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12993 Members
10 Forums
7100 Topics
360182 Posts

Max Online: 2013 @ 01/26/14 10:52 PM

Click Here!

Copyright (c) Back of THE NET 1993 - 2014