Spring Leagues Scores: | NPL | NYCSL | NYPL | JSS | NY (State) Cup | WYSL | CJSL | LIJSL | EDP | Challenge Cup 1/4 Finals | ECNL |
| Challenge Cup | Open Cup | Long Island Cup | Region 1 Premier | NERP | Colonial League | Staten Island | ENYP | EHYSL | NJ (State) Cup |

Spring Tournaments: | MSSL College Showcase | Commack SC Memorial Day | Pocono Cup Memorial Day |
| EDP Cup (U11-U14) | EDP Cup (U15-U17) | Manalapan SC Memorial Day | MSSL Memorial Day Explosion |

Nobody Does It Better
NYCSL & JSS Schedules, Scores & Standings
| NYCSL | NYPL | NPL |
NY (State) Cup | JSS |
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Spring '14 Scores & Standings
Long Island Cup
Fall Sportsmanship Standings
Region 1 League Scores
Premier League
NERP
Colonial League
2013-2014 ENY (State) Cup
Challenge Cup U10-U12
Challenge Cup U13-U19
Open Cup
New Jersey Leagues
Northern Counties | CJYSA | JAGS | Morris County | Metro | Jersey Coast | Monmouth Ocean | Mid-Jersey | South Jersey | South Jersey Girls |
ECNL
ECNL Standings
EDP Spring 2014
Brackets, Schedules & Scores
Commack Academy Tryouts
Latest Tryout Posts
Gu12 North Babylon Pride Open Practices
by scrmomx4
04/18/14 11:24 AM
GU10 Oceanside Thunderbolts looking for guest Keeper for Tournament
by One Who Knows
04/18/14 10:17 AM
B'Elite Player Development SC Tryouts GU14
by Chaosmanager
04/18/14 06:06 AM
Good Jams & Hot Licks!
NSCAA HS & College Rankings
Coaching Drills
USSF Academies
USSF Academy Schedules
US Soccer
Newest Members
mjmwidad, Merrick Gunners, Mike D'Agostino, goaliekid522, DHarvey
12984 Registered Users
BOTN News Alerts
Subscribe to our newsletter
Google Translate
Forum Stats
12984 Members
10 Forums
7058 Topics
359601 Posts

Max Online: 2013 @ 01/26/14 10:52 PM
BOTN Photo Gallery
J&R Music World & Computer World is No More
Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
New Reply
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#464446 - 03/06/12 01:57 PM Re: Manhattan SC Pre-Spring Kickoff Classic REVIEW [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Correct me if I am wrong but the original subject line of this thread was to give a review of the tournament so Jason could get feedback on what was good/bad and how to improve or stay the same. He obviously got a boatload of comments some constructive....some not. Jason did ask that these be sent to an email address after so many came in with no useful information so if thats your issue than I understand.

But to tell people to stop complaining about issues that they perceived to be problematic doesn't make sense. If you played in a band box for 11 v 11 game as adults that's unacceptable. We all know people in most 3rd world countries don't have access or the resources to fields like these kids just played on etc....that has nothing to do with what these posters said. I'm 40 and play in a league that I "pay to play" so I don't like it when I get to a field and its not grass or turf (I'm not expecting Old Trafford) but a bunch of dirt so I should just say "40 year old soccer players in X country play on dirt so its fine for me." I think not.

Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Click Here!

#464476 - 03/06/12 04:53 PM Re: Manhattan SC Pre-Spring Kickoff Classic REVIEW [Re: msc43g]
Anonymous
Unregistered

It happened with us as well. We were told at the entrance gate that there were a few parents in an earlier game that brought donuts and coffee onto the field even though the sign said no food. Because of these parents everyone was forced to watch from behind a fence.
Originally Posted By: msc43g
I have no idea why you had to watch through a fence....Thats never happened before....Did a parent misbehave? or were you trying to bring in food. In 5 years that has never happened...

#464490 - 03/06/12 06:32 PM Re: Manhattan SC Pre-Spring Kickoff Classic REVIEW [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Anonymous
Originally Posted By: msc43g
I have no idea why you had to watch through a fence....Thats never happened before....Did a parent misbehave? or were you trying to bring in food. In 5 years that has never happened...

It happened. it was the field with the Yonkers water tower and Mt. Everest sized cliffs. Yet, they would allow us to sit in the stands right behind the goalie....which is a no no in soccer right? It felt like we were watching our kids outside the prison walls....very bizarre. Oh well. Still enjoyed myself.

I was also at the Fleming fields in Yonkers - the brand new turf fields and ample parking were wonderful. We all stood on the sideline so not sure what people are referring to about being outside the fence. Only issue was the officiating by very young, unqualified refs was poor.

You were probably the Saturday games at Yonkers I presume? I say this because the security didn't allow us inside the fenced in area for Sunday's games...something about Saturday parents eating donuts and coffee and acting obnoxious. Thanks bud.

#464493 - 03/06/12 06:39 PM Re: Manhattan SC Pre-Spring Kickoff Classic REVIEW [Re: CJ Orlando]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: CJ Orlando
Thanks for a class A tournament, Jason! Great to be able to stay home and have it so good.

I think that a lot of the people complaining have never been to an away tournament where conditions are a lot worse and the money just keeps falling out of their pockets.

No complaints at all, even though we had a few adjustments. All in all a great tournament!

See you next year!

You must coach one of the Manhattan teams and were probably accomodated with fields and game times. Far away teams were not. But all in all it I thought it was a pretty good tourney. Can't take the criticism - need thicker skin. They asked for feedback so stop crying.

#464504 - 03/06/12 08:49 PM Re: Manhattan SC Pre-Spring Kickoff Classic REVIEW [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Agreed. No comparison. This was my first time in this tournament. The competition Was up to par but I was expecting better conditions and referee.

#464508 - 03/06/12 09:07 PM Re: Manhattan SC Pre-Spring Kickoff Classic REVIEW [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Only problem I had was only having one ref for our last game which was very important to make playoffs. The one ref we had was not that good and could probalble used the help. I thought they should give our team a discount for next year instead of pocketing the money they saved by only paying one ref. We will be back next year because other than that it was a great tounament.This was my son's third year playing in this tournament and it has gotten better every year.

#464527 - 03/06/12 11:14 PM Re: Manhattan SC Pre-Spring Kickoff Classic REVIEW [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jason, kudos for running a great tournament! My son played at your tournament a few years back, so I brought my girls U9 team. Great competition!!! beautiful fields on Randalls Island. Only a few knocks...
1- Our first game was at 10:00am next game was at 2:05. To long of a break, our last game started after 5:30

2- Officials- I know you can't control officials when they don't show up, but my 10:00 game was delayed on one field for 20 minutes, my second game was delayed for 15 minutes because the official supposedly went to the bathroom and never came back! (That is what I was told by a staff person who actually officiated the game)

3- Food, you should have alot more vendors! There was only one food shack and they were overcharging big time. $7.00 for a Hamburger!!! $3.00 for a hot dog!! Not much of a choice in food and over charging because there was no other choice isn't good. Get a vendor who will charge normal prices and charge him for using your tournament.

Otherwise again, great job! Congrats!!!

#464539 - 03/07/12 07:36 AM Re: Manhattan SC Pre-Spring Kickoff Classic REVIEW [Re: Anonymous]
CJ Orlando Offline

Back of THE NET

Originally Posted By: CJ Orlando
Thanks for a class A tournament, Jason! Great to be able to stay home and have it so good.

I think that a lot of the people complaining have never been to an away tournament where conditions are a lot worse and the money just keeps falling out of their pockets.

No complaints at all, even though we had a few adjustments. All in all a great tournament!

See you next year!

You must coach one of the Manhattan teams and were probably accomodated with fields and game times. Far away teams were not. But all in all it I thought it was a pretty good tourney. Can't take the criticism - need thicker skin. They asked for feedback so stop crying.

Actually, My team is from suffolk county and we had an 8:00 am game both days and the final was delayed from 5:30 pm to almost 7:00 pm and we were still happy!!!!!! Quit your bitching and be happy that you didn't have to drive to Maryland or Virginia to get good games and competition.

#464545 - 03/07/12 09:08 AM Re: Manhattan SC Pre-Spring Kickoff Classic REVIEW [Re: msc43g]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hopefully get it better next year by at least having no games on Field 7. Its always special to see a pick up game going on over yonder on a full size field while your team is playing in a [****] hole ( field 7) littered with bottle caps and broken glass. Was there nothing that could have been done about that?

#464547 - 03/07/12 09:19 AM Re: Manhattan SC Pre-Spring Kickoff Classic REVIEW [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree its shameful and no respect for the other team committed to their obligation. The only good thing out of the no show was that we got your Refs because ours never showed up!! Wonderful.

#464598 - 03/07/12 01:54 PM Re: Manhattan SC Pre-Spring Kickoff Classic REVIEW [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jason, kudos for running a great tournament! My son played at your tournament a few years back, so I brought my girls U9 team. Great competition!!! beautiful fields on Randalls Island. Only a few knocks...
1- Our first game was at 10:00am next game was at 2:05. To long of a break, our last game started after 5:30

2- Officials- I know you can't control officials when they don't show up, but my 10:00 game was delayed on one field for 20 minutes, my second game was delayed for 15 minutes because the official supposedly went to the bathroom and never came back! (That is what I was told by a staff person who actually officiated the game)

3- Food, you should have alot more vendors! There was only one food shack and they were overcharging big time. $7.00 for a Hamburger!!! $3.00 for a hot dog!! Not much of a choice in food and over charging because there was no other choice isn't good. Get a vendor who will charge normal prices and charge him for using your tournament.

Otherwise again, great job! Congrats!!!

Thanks for the positive and constructive comments - here is some feedback:

1. Tournament made an effort not to space games by more than 4 hours. But your reference is to a one day bracket I believe - where all bets are off the table, especially when all of the games are played on one field.

2. Officials didn't show in a few circumstances (moreso than usual) which led to delays and undermanned crews. In some cases, we thankfully had some of our own Club people around capable as doubling as back-up refs ready in a pinch.....but no-shows still resulted in delays or one man crew instead of three. This is somewhat beyond our control - but, trust me, the tournament committee will be having a lot of conversation about this topic.

3. The food concession at Randall's Island is franchised and owned by outside contractor and we are not allowed to bring in our own people. We know it has been inadaquate in the past and we are frustrated by it too. This year - we got specific permission to bring in one outside vender who had to station himself away from the main franchise concession which is located at Randall's 70's. This was a marked improvement. We also were giving out free Dunkin Donuts coffee, hot chocolot, and donuts at our location at Randall's 90's. We did the best we could with a difficult situation.

#464607 - 03/07/12 02:13 PM Re: Manhattan SC Pre-Spring Kickoff Classic REVIEW [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Everyone needs to shut the heck up regarding conditions, field sizes, etc, etc. Us Americans are spoiled brats when it comes to stuff like this. Kids around the rest of the world play on dirt, broken glass, on streets, etc, etc. We whine and moan when we only have 1 AR for a game. Gimme a break. Shut up, be thankful you have food on your table and a roof over your head, and get on with life. In all honesty, less than perfect playing conditions make the players better in the long run.

While I certainly have sympathy for any kid living in poverty they're not paying $700 to play in a tournament. There is nothing wrong with expecting a quality product for the large amount of money paid.

agreed, and BTW, how many of you on your soap boxes about impoverished kids actually give to charity or give anything to help those kids and countries! Probably almost none of you. Being grateful for what you have is one thing, getting what you pay for is completely different. You pay $700, you should get $700 value. Otherwise call up some competitive teams and arrange a FREE scrimmage, even if you have to drive a few hours and do a round robin. It's done ALL the time. So unless you self-impose a lifestyle of simplicity get off your high horse...I'm sure you don't think about kids in other countries when yours are playing Xbox, watching flat screen TVs, getting $95 jerseys and eating out. Please. First give to charity and don't live in excess, and then you have a right to speak about whining Americans.

#464629 - 03/07/12 03:45 PM Re: Manhattan SC Pre-Spring Kickoff Classic REVIEW [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I asked about the email that was sent out about a coach from Maryland who lost his bag. Jason sent out the email to all teams. Just wondering what the outcome was. It's ok to ask isn't it? Hope they found it.

#464639 - 03/07/12 04:49 PM Re: Manhattan SC Pre-Spring Kickoff Classic REVIEW [Re: msc43g]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Flushing Meadows Field 7 is the biggest joke I have ever seen at any soccer tournament anywhere. Not only did I spend 20 minutes before our game picking up glass and bottle caps, but it is no where close to regulation width. The 18 yard box is 3 feet from the sideline. Throw-ins were corner kicks. We actually scored on one. To travel a long distance to play on that field was pathetic. I will go on to say there was not an open bathroom anywhere and one of my kids took a dump behind a tree at the beautiful facility. I think MSC kickoff classic got to big to fast. You should have kept it a little smaller with more control.

#464682 - 03/07/12 09:43 PM Re: Manhattan SC Pre-Spring Kickoff Classic REVIEW [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Flushing Meadows Field 7 is the biggest joke I have ever seen at any soccer tournament anywhere. Not only did I spend 20 minutes before our game picking up glass and bottle caps, but it is no where close to regulation width. The 18 yard box is 3 feet from the sideline. Throw-ins were corner kicks. We actually scored on one. To travel a long distance to play on that field was pathetic. I will go on to say there was not an open bathroom anywhere and one of my kids took a dump behind a tree at the beautiful facility. I think MSC kickoff classic got to big to fast. You should have kept it a little smaller with more control.

Actually there was a very nice bathroom at Flushing Meadow, as long as you went under the parkway, crossed the street, passed the beautiful new fields, and went next to the rec center. There was a lot of broken glass on field 7, MSC should have done a little more due diligence on that one.

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Tournaments

Memorial & Spring Tourneys
MSSL College Showcase
Commack SC Memorial Day
Pocono Cup Memorial Day
Manalapan SC Memorial
EDP Cup (U11-U14)
EDP Cup (U15-U17)
MSSL Explosion
Summer Tournaments
EMSC Summer Tournament
EDP Invitational Festival
Central Jersey Invit.
Lehigh Valley Steamroll
MAPS Caps Classic
Pocono Premier Cup
RVSC Summer Select
Oceanside SC Labor Day
The Rider Cup
Sand & Beach Soccer
Summer Camps
Berkshire Girls Academy
Rough Riders
East Islip SC
Fall & Columbus Weekend
MAPS Fall Challenge
East Islip Fall Classic
Sponsors

LI Rough Riders
Training Program
Soccer Camps
Jr. Rough Riders
Rough Riders Select
Men's & Women's Tickets
SUSA Bubble Lindenhurst
Youth Leagues
Tournaments
Adult Leagues
Training & Academy Programs
Field Rentals
Globall Sports Centers
Soccer Leagues
Soccer Tournaments
Training Clinics
Birthday Parties
Field Rentals
Soccer Coliseum
Tournaments
Training
Youth Leagues
Adult Leagues
Premier Soccer Academy
Summer Development Program
Youth Academy ID Camps
Camps&Tournaments
Coaching Services
Kickiní Kiddie Program
Who's Online
6 registered (dad24socceroos, ZiggyRowe, Larry Miller, basoccer, Queensdad, GaryV), 742 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

Click Here!

Copyright (c) Back of THE NET 1993 - 2014