FALL Leagues Scores: | NPL | NYCSL | NYPL | JSS | NY (State) Cup | WYSL |
| CJSL | LIJSL | EDP | Challenge Cup | NCSA | Staten Island | ENYPL |

NPT Columbus Weekend Tournament has 367 applied teams, and they have opened more fields to accommodate teams wishing to apply. See the avails in their post below.....

Subscribe to BOTN
BOTN Electronic Alerts
Nobody Does It Better
NYCSL_NYPL_NPL_JSS

NYCSL & JSS Schedules, Scores & Standings
| NYCSL | NYPL | NPL |
NY (State) Cup | JSS |
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Fall '14 Scores & Standings

Spring '14 Sportsmanship
Fall '14 Schedule
Spring '15 Schedule
R1 Championships League
Division 1
Division 2
Division 3
2014-2015 ENY (State) Cup
Challenge Cup U10-U12
Challenge Cup U13-U19
Open Cup
New Jersey Leagues
Northern Counties | CJYSA | JAGS | Morris County | Metro | Jersey Coast | Monmouth Ocean | Mid-Jersey | South Jersey | South Jersey Girls |
ECNL
ECNL Standings
EDP Fall 2014
Brackets
Schedules
NSCAA HS & College Rankings
USSF Academies
USSF Academy Schedules
US Soccer
Coaching Drills
Girls NPL Listing
Aztec Soccer | Brentwood | ISA | Massapequa | Massachusetts Premier | STA | NEFC | NJ Crush | NJSA04 | NY Rush | NR Sting | Oakwood | Parsippany SC | Seacoast Utd. | Yankee Utd. |
Latest Tryout Posts
U13 Girls Hota Cyclones looking for 2-3 high level comitted players
by zarla01
09/14/14 01:49 PM
U-15 boy premier player looking for high level team
by Soccermom370
09/14/14 09:54 AM
GU14 Keeper looking to guest play....
by jbjglk3
09/12/14 10:43 AM
Newest Members
Union1983, joumana, Lorraine b, Matthew Ehrlein, Soccermom370
13294 Registered Users
BOTN Photo Gallery
Hubie Hamburgers
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
New Reply
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#464279 - 03/05/12 05:41 PM Re: Manhattan SC Pre-Spring Kickoff Classic REVIEW [Re: Anonymous]
msc43g Offline
Back of THE NET

I have no idea why you had to watch through a fence....Thats never happened before....Did a parent misbehave? or were you trying to bring in food. In 5 years that has never happened...

Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Click Here!

#464295 - 03/05/12 06:42 PM Re: Manhattan SC Pre-Spring Kickoff Classic REVIEW [Re: msc43g]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I saw a few posts regarding the refs this year. Definitely not up to par vs last year. Cards flying everywhere and a lot of missed calls

#464302 - 03/05/12 07:06 PM Re: Manhattan SC Pre-Spring Kickoff Classic REVIEW [Re: msc43g]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: msc43g
I have no idea why you had to watch through a fence....Thats never happened before....Did a parent misbehave? or were you trying to bring in food. In 5 years that has never happened...

It happened. it was the field with the Yonkers water tower and Mt. Everest sized cliffs. Yet, they would allow us to sit in the stands right behind the goalie....which is a no no in soccer right? It felt like we were watching our kids outside the prison walls....very bizarre. Oh well. Still enjoyed myself.

#464303 - 03/05/12 07:11 PM Re: Manhattan SC Pre-Spring Kickoff Classic REVIEW [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Anonymous
Some of the points here are valid points, but give it a rest on the field size nonsense. Only losing teams and excuse-makers focus on that.

Our field sizes were fine for U11. I do agree with you that enough is said on this subject already, including the bashing of the refs (ours in game 1 at Riverside Park was brutal, may have cost us the game by disallowing a goal for no good reason, but oh well). Anyways, field size is very important and has nothing to do with being on the winning or losing end of it.
11 v 11 on a narrow and or short field sucks. Did you ever play soccer before? This isn't suppose to be a small sided scrimmage with your club at practice, this is a big time tourney.

#464339 - 03/05/12 09:58 PM Re: Manhattan SC Pre-Spring Kickoff Classic REVIEW [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: msc43g

It happened. it was the field with the Yonkers water tower and Mt. Everest sized cliffs. Yet, they would allow us to sit in the stands right behind the goalie....which is a no no in soccer right? It felt like we were watching our kids outside the prison walls....very bizarre. Oh well. Still enjoyed myself.

I was also at the Fleming fields in Yonkers - the brand new turf fields and ample parking were wonderful. We all stood on the sideline so not sure what people are referring to about being outside the fence. Only issue was the officiating by very young, unqualified refs was poor.

#464362 - 03/06/12 12:45 AM Re: Manhattan SC Pre-Spring Kickoff Classic REVIEW [Re: Larry Miller]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Boys U15
Shame on Toms River. Failed to show up at Flushing Meadow Sunday for their match. What is the penalty here for a team or club that enters a tournament and then selfishly fails to meet their obligation? Bet there were plenty of teams rejected for entry who would have gladly taken the opportunity to play.

#464383 - 03/06/12 08:40 AM Re: Manhattan SC Pre-Spring Kickoff Classic REVIEW [Re: Anonymous]
CJ Orlando Online   content

Back of THE NET

Thanks for a class A tournament, Jason! Great to be able to stay home and have it so good.

I think that a lot of the people complaining have never been to an away tournament where conditions are a lot worse and the money just keeps falling out of their pockets.

No complaints at all, even though we had a few adjustments. All in all a great tournament!

See you next year!

#464392 - 03/06/12 09:31 AM Re: Manhattan SC Pre-Spring Kickoff Classic REVIEW [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Some of the points here are valid points, but give it a rest on the field size nonsense. Only losing teams and excuse-makers focus on that.

Our field sizes were fine for U11. I do agree with you that enough is said on this subject already, including the bashing of the refs (ours in game 1 at Riverside Park was brutal, may have cost us the game by disallowing a goal for no good reason, but oh well). Anyways, field size is very important and has nothing to do with being on the winning or losing end of it.
11 v 11 on a narrow and or short field sucks. Did you ever play soccer before? This isn't suppose to be a small sided scrimmage with your club at practice, this is a big time tourney.

No one can dispute a perfectly sized field is better. But the fixation on field size can only be catergorized at whining.

I know a bit about tournaments, I'll leave it at that. Both teams in a particular game are playing on the same field. The good teams play on the field given, play the game well and don't say a peep. Second rate teams look for things to complain about, the sun, the wind, the field size, etc.

Simple as that

#464422 - 03/06/12 12:20 PM Re: Manhattan SC Pre-Spring Kickoff Classic REVIEW [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

[quote=msc43g]I have no idea why you had to watch through a fence....Thats never happened before....Did a parent misbehave? or were you trying to bring in food. In 5 years that has never happened...

I was also at the Fleming fields in Yonkers - the brand new turf fields and ample parking were wonderful. We all stood on the sideline so not sure what people are referring to about being outside the fence. Only issue was the officiating by very young, unqualified refs was poor. [/quote

This was at Tibbetts in Yonkers. Nice fields although different sizes. We had a very young ref as well- not more than 13-14 year old. Would have been better suited for a U9 or U10 game. Difficult for him to gain control of some very physical games. Line ref was more experienced. Should have officiated the center. Cant have 13-14 year old officiating games. Did not know some of the harder rules of play. Next game had a foreign much older man. Could not hear well and was difficult to get his attention to sub in. Also poor field positioning due to her age. Also, kept changing his mind on every call, corner or goal kick, fouls that he would then call a drop ball for because he wasnt sure who he called the foul on. Very confused guy. Maybe too long a day for him!]

#464430 - 03/06/12 01:08 PM Re: Manhattan SC Pre-Spring Kickoff Classic REVIEW [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Everyone needs to shut the heck up regarding conditions, field sizes, etc, etc. Us Americans are spoiled brats when it comes to stuff like this. Kids around the rest of the world play on dirt, broken glass, on streets, etc, etc. We whine and moan when we only have 1 AR for a game. Gimme a break. Shut up, be thankful you have food on your table and a roof over your head, and get on with life. In all honesty, less than perfect playing conditions make the players better in the long run.

#464433 - 03/06/12 01:20 PM Re: Manhattan SC Pre-Spring Kickoff Classic REVIEW [Re: Anonymous]
Anyguy Offline
Back of THE NET

Everyone needs to shut the heck up regarding conditions, field sizes, etc, etc. Us Americans are spoiled brats when it comes to stuff like this. Kids around the rest of the world play on dirt, broken glass, on streets, etc, etc. We whine and moan when we only have 1 AR for a game. Gimme a break. Shut up, be thankful you have food on your table and a roof over your head, and get on with life. In all honesty, less than perfect playing conditions make the players better in the long run.

I like your post. The only thing I would say is people have a right to complain (to a degree) when they're paying a lot of money for something and the product or service is not good. But in general, we do complain far more than we should - agreed.

#464434 - 03/06/12 01:20 PM Re: Manhattan SC Pre-Spring Kickoff Classic REVIEW [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

well said. i hope everyone wakes up reading your post because that is really the true and happening outside the US.

#464440 - 03/06/12 01:34 PM Re: Manhattan SC Pre-Spring Kickoff Classic REVIEW [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I also agree, but the fact is, kids from other countries who dont have things handed to them dont have to pay a large fee to play in a soccer tournament they love to play IN..we all know Americans are spoiled, but when you work hard for your money and pay a large fee to play in a tournament and you know damn well somebody is making money off of this, Americans should get what they pay for and if it was for free then you have a gripe about not complaining..

#464442 - 03/06/12 01:49 PM Re: Manhattan SC Pre-Spring Kickoff Classic REVIEW [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

While I certainly have sympathy for any kid living in poverty they're not paying $700 to play in a tournament. There is nothing wrong with expecting a quality product for the large amount of money paid.

#464445 - 03/06/12 01:56 PM Re: Manhattan SC Pre-Spring Kickoff Classic REVIEW [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Also, the director of this tournament requested feedback to make it better in the future. Some see bashing, some see constructive comments. They seem very receptive ot the comments. And frankly, we have had a good experience each year; and each year they have addressed issues and made the tournamnat better.

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  Arielle, Larry Miller, ZiggyRowe 
Tournaments

Fall & Columbus Weekend
MAPS Fall Challenge
East Islip Fall Classic
Northport SC
Fall EDP Cup
Parsippany Pride
RVSC College Showcase
FC Westchester
Soccer Coliseum 5v5
Syosset u6 - u9
EDP College Showcase
MAPS Cup (Girls)
Winter Classic
Winter Indoor
Coleman Country
Rough Riders
Soccer Coliseum
KK Athletics
Coastal
SUSA Bubble
2015 Tournaments
Manhattan Pre-Spring Kickoff
RYSA Wildcats Labor Day
Sponsors

Globall Sports Centers
Soccer Leagues
Soccer Tournaments
Training Clinics
Birthday Parties
Field Rentals
LI Rough Riders
Training Program
Soccer Camps
Jr. Rough Riders
Rough Riders Select
Men's & Women's Tickets
SUSA Bubble Lindenhurst
Youth Leagues
Tournaments
Adult Leagues
Training & Academy Programs
Field Rentals
Summer League
Soccer Coliseum
Tournaments
Training
Youth Leagues
Adult Leagues
Premier Soccer Academy
Tournaments
Youth Academy ID Camps
Camps
Coaching Services
Kickiní Kiddie Program
Who's Online
13 registered (Cross It 4 Fun, LIRef77, Larry Miller, Steelerz, CJ Orlando, Barcelona102503, OUSC Warriors, Powderfinger, Lorraine b, Skimat, BELLPOP, ab1234, TCarlson), 876 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Boys NPL Listing
Brentwood | Bklyn Italians | Everton Amer. | Eastern FC | East Meadow SC | Massapequa | STA Soccer | NY Elite | HOTA | Parsippany SC | Princeton SC | Soccer Plus Acad. |

Click Here!

Copyright (c) Back of THE NET 1993 - 2014