Registration for the Oceanside Labor Day tournament will close THURSDAY 8/21 @ Midnight....

Subscribe to BOTN
BOTN Electronic Alerts
Nobody Does It Better
NYCSL_NYPL_NPL_JSS

NYCSL & JSS Schedules, Scores & Standings
| NYCSL | NYPL | NPL |
NY (State) Cup | JSS |
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Fall '14 Alignments
Fall '14 Scores & Standings

Spring '14 Sportsmanship
Fall '14 Schedule
Spring '15 Schedule
Region 1 League Scores
Premier League
NERP
Colonial League
2013-2014 ENY (State) Cup
Challenge Cup U10-U12
Challenge Cup U13-U19
Open Cup
New Jersey Leagues
Northern Counties | CJYSA | JAGS | Morris County | Metro | Jersey Coast | Monmouth Ocean | Mid-Jersey | South Jersey | South Jersey Girls |
ECNL
ECNL Standings
EDP Fall 2014
Brackets
Schedules
NSCAA HS & College Rankings
USSF Academies
USSF Academy Schedules
US Soccer
Coaching Drills
Girls NPL Listing
Aztec Soccer | Brentwood | ISA | Massapequa | Massachusetts Premier | STA | NEFC | NJ Crush | NJSA04 | NY Rush | NR Sting | Oakwood | Parsippany SC | Seacoast Utd. | Yankee Utd. |
Latest Tryout Posts
Merrick Pride-looking for guest player fro FC Stars Labor Day Tournament
by MerrickPride
Yesterday at 11:50 AM
BAYMEN SOCCER BU14 - open Practice (Tuesday 8/19)
by Baymen Typhoons
Yesterday at 10:14 AM
Looking for Suffolk BU13 Premier players LGN United
by LGN Coach
08/18/14 10:29 PM
Newest Members
The Law, Rohan Dennis, John Soto, Bigdaddy8865, Brian Cano
13268 Registered Users
BOTN Photo Gallery
Farrell's Ice Cream Parlour in Massapequa
Page 148 of 206 < 1 2 ... 146 147 148 149 150 ... 205 206 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#473834 - 05/07/12 07:10 PM Re: Some new names [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well you had me until you said that they show tactical skill w give and go sad we'll as wall passes. They are one in the same bonehead!!!

Originally Posted By: Anonymous

I agree that not all D1 teams and parents are like that. Deer Park, Brentwood, Bayport, Smithtown are good examples of classy teams/parents.

I disagree about EI. My son's team has played them many times, the parents and kids were classy. I also disagree that they play a kick and run game. Phyical? Yes, very physical but fair. They also play with tactical skill. I've seen them move the ball well, execute give and go's as well as wall passes, and good skill with the ball.

On the other hand HBC AllStars have not been that classy from my past experience. The team as become stronger, but that has not been from coaching as much as it's been from the kids they have recruited.

It seems that both teams are at fault for the game yesterday. A mistake on EIs part for double-booking the field and poor leadership on the part of the HBC coach to not let the kids play.

Remeber that LIJSLs slogan is "Building Character Through Soccer." Win at all costs. Is this the type of character that the AllStars are trying to build?
Hey everyone has a right to their opinion, but after seeing EI play many, many times I stand by my assessment. They are physical to cover up the lack of skill. They play long ball to cover up the lack of skill. Too many times the defenders don't work it out of the back, just long ball it instead. Everyone has their opinion, but that's mine and I stand by it. I don't think I'm alone either.

Junior Soccer Advertisements

Click Here!

#473835 - 05/07/12 07:14 PM Re: Some new names [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Lol. Knew they would. Good one.

What Sunday's "Game" between EI & HBCA boils down to is this. All Stars "coach" knew he was going to lose the game (AGAIN) and when he saw an out on a technicality he jumped all over it. Would I have thought it ridiculous to finish the game on another field ? Absolutely, it is a joke that the EI coach & or Club member screwed up but it happens. So you adjust and finish the game if a proper field is available. Chris was more concerned with trying to get a win anyway possible and that's the bottom line. Some wins aren't wins at all, simply the illusion of winning. This falls under that heading.

Ah. Then coach should be made aware of the difference between being correct, as per the rules, and being right.

Still can't believe that Albertson beat Crush in LI Cup.

As stated an many earlier post they bowed out by forfieting.

You fall for it every time.

#473857 - 05/07/12 08:48 PM Re: Some new names [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Relegations are done before combining N and S.....so depending SOME D1's could end up in D3....

D1: EI, Bayport, Chelsea, Crush, All*Stars, Farmingdale, Albertson, NHP, Bellmore, POB

D2: Dix Hills, Brentwood, Hauppauge, Commack, Elmont, Hicksville, CSH, Syosset, RVC, Oceanside

D3: HBC Sting, Smithtown, WB, Deer Park, Dix Hills, NPT/CH, Uniondale, Floral Park, Massapequa, Hempstead

HBC, Brentwood, and Massapequa have all committed to play in the NPL, so not sure if they will be in LIJ as well.

Which team will represent HBC in NPL?

Word is all three are going.

Only one team per club, are they combining players?

#473858 - 05/07/12 08:55 PM Re: Some new names [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Relegations are done before combining N and S.....so depending SOME D1's could end up in D3....

D1: EI, Bayport, Chelsea, Crush, All*Stars, Farmingdale, Albertson, NHP, Bellmore, POB

D2: Dix Hills, Brentwood, Hauppauge, Commack, Elmont, Hicksville, CSH, Syosset, RVC, Oceanside

D3: HBC Sting, Smithtown, WB, Deer Park, Dix Hills, NPT/CH, Uniondale, Floral Park, Massapequa, Hempstead

HBC, Brentwood, and Massapequa have all committed to play in the NPL, so not sure if they will be in LIJ as well.

Which team will represent HBC in NPL?

Word is all three are going.

LOL!!! Just can't stop laughing. If that's the case it seems it is not really a premier league. Just another league that will let anybody play if you're willing to pay.

I thought you had to finish 1st or 2nd in D1 to qualify to play in the premeir league.

It's a different affiliation and alternative to LIJSL and eny, who also charge money. 12 member clubs who all typically have competitive teams. From what I know about so far sounds like a decent idea.

#473885 - 05/07/12 10:14 PM Re: Some new names [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Does anyone know if LIJSL look at teams' LI Cup performance when deciding on placement for U12 at the merge or is it strictly on their record in league play in the Spring?

#473892 - 05/07/12 10:24 PM Re: Some new names [Re: Anonymous]
Larry Miller Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

Loc: Greenwich Village
Does anyone know if LIJSL look at teams' LI Cup performance when deciding on placement for U12 at the merge or is it strictly on their record in league play in the Spring?

LI Cup counts for nothing. It is just another game and revenue stream for LIJSL.

#473902 - 05/07/12 10:57 PM Re: Some new names [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

What happens if two d-1 teams merge that were toward the bottom of their division? Now they they are one strong team does LIJSL take that into account? How would they be placed?
The other twist is that 2 to 4 of the top D1 teams will choose to play ENY Premier which frees up a few slots for the low N2/S2 teams as well as the 2nd or even 3rd place N3/S3 teams to secure a spot in the combined D4.

If two weak teams combine they would create a strong team? More likely they will create an average team and also likely they would be worthy of D2.

#473908 - 05/07/12 11:14 PM Re: Some new names [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hmmmmm, by process of elimination (only 4 teams still alive in LI Cup), this post must be referring to Floral Park. It would mean they would have to beating AllStars/EI winner AND Bayport if they were going to make a statement. If the stars were out and Jupiter aligned with Mars it would at least give them some credibility. But come on, you'll need to win a couple of division games before you get mentioned on this board with the same kind of passion reserved for the Crush or EI. At best a LI Cup Final, with a weak Division showing will keep you in D2 come Fall.

#473912 - 05/08/12 12:07 AM LI Cup Decision [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

HBC All*Stars awarded a forfeit I assume as website says they beat EI 1-0 ,can't imagine EI won't protest.

#473913 - 05/08/12 12:13 AM Re: Some new names [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Only 3 teams left in LI Cup now as HBC All*Stars awarded a 1-0 forfeit from yesterday game, I am surprised but both teams had a case.

#473917 - 05/08/12 05:56 AM Re: Some new names [Re: Larry Miller]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Larry Miller

LI Cup counts for nothing. It is just another game and revenue stream for LIJ.

I agree at U12 I don't see any use for this cup.

#473924 - 05/08/12 07:21 AM Re: Some new names [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

....and the need for D1 and Premier teams and Academies and Expensive Trainers and Message Boards and Tournaments and U6 Travel teams.........

Come on, you know damn well why we have all this CRAP. It's the same reason we test our kids and give them report cards............... it's so we can compare them to other kids and show that WE are the better parent!

And guess what, in 20 years our kids are going to look back nostalgicly at their youth and say the same thing we do; "I don't remember It being this crazy when we were this age!"

I'm just sayin.......

#473928 - 05/08/12 08:04 AM Re: Some new names [Re: Anonymous]
Larry Miller Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

....and the need for D1 and Premier teams and Academies and Expensive Trainers and Message Boards and Tournaments and U6 Travel teams.........

Come on, you know damn well why we have all this CRAP. It's the same reason we test our kids and give them report cards............... it's so we can compare them to other kids and show that WE are the better parent!

And guess what, in 20 years our kids are going to look back nostalgicly at their youth and say the same thing we do; "I don't remember It being this crazy when we were this age!"

I'm just sayin.......

Ahhh folks, we have another spokesman for all Long Island. Another mental midget. Comparing a report card to the LI Cup? The LI Cup was and will continue to be just another game and nothing more. It could have been more, but LIJSL doesn't and didn't see the need. Our poster above needs these recreational events to brag about his kid, so I guess the LI Cup is his version of the Regionals or Nationals.

#473931 - 05/08/12 08:15 AM Re: Some new names [Re: Larry Miller]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Larry - why so cynical, the LI Cup is absolutely some teams version of the regionals or nationals as it may be the ceiling where they can compete, Unless you thing development in soccer is restricted for the U-11 group at this stage to simply the kids who are deemed "elite" at this early stage.

Maybe I am just a simpleton but I think the LI Cup is a fairly prestigious competition but of course this is my first kid playing travel soccer so I am not yet burned out a bitter......

#473935 - 05/08/12 08:34 AM Re: Some new names [Re: Anonymous]
Larry Miller Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

Larry - why so cynical, the LI Cup is absolutely some teams version of the regionals or nationals as it may be the ceiling where they can compete, Unless you thing development in soccer is restricted for the U-11 group at this stage to simply the kids who are deemed "elite" at this early stage.

Maybe I am just a simpleton but I think the LI Cup is a fairly prestigious competition but of course this is my first kid playing travel soccer so I am not yet burned out a bitter......

Prestigious? If you look at it objectively it is just another league game in a different dress. Even for a division 7 team it is still another league game.

Now that said, and since I own LongIslandCup.com there is expected to be another LI Cup next season. I think you'll like the new version a lot better. Will it be prestigious? Not really, but the clubs that will be running the event at my suggestion will show the teams a better model, and you will have the opportunity to compare the two side-by-side. I will look forward to your comments when the details are announced.

Page 148 of 206 < 1 2 ... 146 147 148 149 150 ... 205 206 >

Moderator:  Arielle, Larry Miller, ZiggyRowe 
Coleman Country
Tournaments

Summer Tournaments
Oceanside SC Labor Day
TWIST
EMSC Summer
WBSC ASA Labor Day
RYSA Wildcats Labor Day
Fall & Columbus Weekend
MAPS Fall Challenge
East Islip Fall Classic
Northport SC
Fall EDP Cup
Parsippany Pride
RVSC College Showcase
Winter Indoor
Coleman Country
Sports Underdome
Sponsors

Globall Sports Centers
Soccer Leagues
Soccer Tournaments
Training Clinics
Birthday Parties
Field Rentals
LI Rough Riders
Training Program
Soccer Camps
Jr. Rough Riders
Rough Riders Select
Men's & Women's Tickets
SUSA Bubble Lindenhurst
Youth Leagues
Tournaments
Adult Leagues
Training & Academy Programs
Field Rentals
Summer League
Soccer Coliseum
Tournaments
Training
Youth Leagues
Adult Leagues
Premier Soccer Academy
Tournaments
Youth Academy ID Camps
Camps
Coaching Services
Kickiní Kiddie Program
House of Sports
Soccer Clinics
Team Tryouts
Leagues
Tournaments
Athletic Republic
Who's Online
1 registered (jyro29), 409 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Boys NPL Listing
Brentwood | Bklyn Italians | Everton Amer. | Eastern FC | East Meadow SC | Massapequa | STA Soccer | NY Elite | HOTA | Parsippany SC | Princeton SC | Soccer Plus Acad. |

Click Here!

Copyright (c) Back of THE NET 1993 - 2014