FALL Leagues Scores: | NPL | NYCSL | NYPL | JSS | NY (State) Cup | WYSL |
| CJSL | LIJSL | EDP | Challenge Cup | NCSA | Staten Island | ENYPL |

Schedule announced for 2014-15 US Youth Soccer National League. Click here to see the schedules and read the story

Subscribe to BOTN
BOTN Electronic Alerts
Nobody Does It Better
NYCSL NYPL NPL JSS

NYCSL & JSS Schedules, Scores & Standings
| NYCSL | NYPL | NPL |
NY (State) Cup | JSS |
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Fall '14 Scores & Standings

Spring '14 Sportsmanship
Fall '14 Schedule
Spring '15 Schedule
R1 Championships League
Division 1
Division 2
Division 3
National League
2014-2015 ENY (State) Cup
Challenge Cup U10-U12
Challenge Cup U13-U19
Open Cup
Soccer Toons
Goalkeeper Camp
New Jersey Leagues
Northern Counties | CJYSA | JAGS | Morris County | Metro | Jersey Coast | Monmouth Ocean | Mid-Jersey | South Jersey | South Jersey Girls |
ECNL
ECNL Standings
EDP Fall 2014
Brackets
Schedules
NSCAA HS & College Rankings
Premier Soccer Academy
Tournaments
Youth Academy ID Camps
Camps
Coaching Services
Kickin’ Kiddie Program
USSF Academies
USSF Academy Schedules
US Soccer
Girls NPL Listing
Brentwood | ISA | Massapequa | Manhattan SC | STA | NYSC | NJ Crush | NY Rush | Quickstrike FC |
Latest Tryout Posts
BU14 looking for a team
by quaker
11/21/14 04:59 PM
GU13 NHP Lady Jaguars
by LadyJags
11/21/14 07:24 AM
GU13 East End FC Fury01 Open Practive - D1
by jagermeister
11/20/14 11:44 PM
Newest Members
chagen91, desisoccer, Mrsoccer, sje1978, Joescopo
13360 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 376 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Boys NPL Listing
Brentwood | Bklyn Italians | Everton Amer. | Eastern FC | East Meadow SC | Massapequa | STA Soccer | NY Elite | HOTA | Parsippany SC | Princeton SC | Soccer Plus Acad. |
BOTN Photo Gallery
Sam Goody
Page 163 of 206 < 1 2 ... 161 162 163 164 165 ... 205 206 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#475432 - 05/14/12 10:52 PM Re: LI Cup Decision [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Anonymous
After EI evicted him mid-game from his field, the hbc coach talked to the referee, who gave him a choice of taking a forfeit. the coach took that choice. then, says the hbc coach, the referee lied to the league about it. in the end, the hbc coach withdrew from the proposed replay and wished EI well in the Cup.

Two things:

1. was the referee reported to LISRA for misconduct -- not for the mistake, but for the dishonesty.

2. who, from the East Islip club, has admitted they made a mistake by canceling a valid, ongoing game that was important to the kids on the field. This message is for the following East Islip club officials:
John Davis, President
Toli Karabatzoglou, Director of Scheduling
Jack Sharpe, Director of Facilities
Glenn Smith, Director of Fields

One of you needs to publicly take responsibility for this, and say: 1. we made a mistake 2. it won't happen again

That would be the right thing to do but I doubt it would happen.

Junior Soccer Advertisements

Click Here!

#475433 - 05/14/12 10:54 PM Re: LI Cup Decision [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

The simple question remains unanswered, why not finish the game on the other field?

"We shouldn't have to" isn't a good enough excuse.

I know it's a lot and I really shouldn't be asking this from 11 year old boys, but: PLEASE FLORAL PARK, BEAT EAST ISLIP AND PUT US ALL OUT OF OUR MISERY!

Agreed!!! However, if FP beats EI and ends up in the final against BP, the winner of that game should challenge the Allstars to a crybaby match and if there is any justice win that game. Then since Shawn, the Crush coach (PU**y), decided to pull out of the LI Cup, the winner of that game should then challenge the Crush to another crybaby match. What's up with the HBC club team coaches in this age group???!!! They are all a freakin' bunch of tools. Seriously they are all f***ed up in the head. Chris-Allstars, Shawn-Crush, Damianos-Chelsea. That club should hire a full time "shrink" not for the coaches or board members (they are too far gone), but the parents that let these nut cases near their kids!!!

#475436 - 05/14/12 10:59 PM Re: LI Cup Decision [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

A statement from HBC All*Stars coaching staff

Over the past couple days, many friends and parents have reached out to us and have suggested that we put out a statement to clear the air regarding comments that were directed at our staff in the Blogosphere, concerning the events that occurred during the LI CUP game on May 6th, 2012.

This will be the only time we formally put out our side of the story! We have taking some time and reviewed some of the posts and statements on the thread. While we will not address every single post, we will try to touch up on a few statements and accusations made exclusively towards our staff.

On the day in question, our team The HBC All*Stars and The East Islip Explosion Boys played a very competitive first half as expected from both teams. Suddenly, at the end of the half time break, our boys were ready to step into the field when the referee informed us that East Islip coaches wanted to move the second half to another field. Right away we advised the referee of our intention and readiness to continue playing on the current field where we originally started. The referee suggested that we should tell East Islip. We objected to that and advised the Referee that since he was the messenger, he should be the one to return the message. At the same time we noticed the temporary goals were being removed and two other teams and different sets of referees were coming to the field and asking us to leave. Before taking our boys off the field we ask our game referee what the outcome of the game would be. He stated that our boys will be awarded a 1-0 forfeit. At that point we pulled our boys off the field and released them to their parents.

We were contacted by cup coordinator for the age group recently and we were asked to replay the game. Our understanding is that the league made the decision based on the referee report. Apparently the referee reported that he had inspected another field and that our team refused to play. While we have not seen the report, it is our understanding that there were no mention of his statement to us on the field regarding the forfeit and our option not to move if we didn't want to.

We have respectfully declined to let our boys replay the game and informed the league through the coordinator that we didn’t have a problem if they league let the East Islip boys move on to the next round. To date, our boys have played 16 and a half games 13-2-1 record not counting that last half game thus far this spring; with another 12 games on the schedule to be played by June 24. Not counting if they continue to progress in the State Cup.

To respond to the question of: why didn’t we simply move to the other field and play the other half? Well, we have been around this game for a longtime, a combined close to 75 years experience there are no precedents for such situation as far as we know. If the field is playable, we shouldn’t have to move. The other game should have been delayed! It is highly likely that some of the infantile statements, accusations and insults directed at our staff in this blog came directly from some of the misguided souls from East Islip. Prior to the game, our coach walked over to their bench, shook hands with their staff and the substitute players and wished them good luck. If there was a “field problem” they could have easily approached us and informed us of this issue like adults. Consequently, our response and approach would have been totally different. FIFA’s “My Game is Fair Play” in short stipulates whether you like your opponents or not, you must respect and be courteous to them. One of the Fair play codes for coaches stated “The Coach’s conduct toward other coaches must be characterized by courtesy, good faith and respect”.

On the statement that” we were afraid to finish a 1-1 game”, we don’t play the game, the boys do. They were ready to play. They always look forward to playing opponents like the East Islip boys because it is always a fun, up-tempo, competitive game (although we cannot really say that for the lopsided victory the previous Saturday). But Kudos to the East Islip boys, they were the better side that day!

In summation, I doubt many teams play as many games as our boys. The decision not to play one half is not a matter of being scared, wanting to win or poor sportsmanship on our part. Rather, our underlying principle is to make sure our boys understand the importance of not only sportsmanship and fair play, but also to protect one of the team's core values which is mutual RESPECT. What we hope to teach our boys from this situation is simple, if your opponent does not respect you; they are not a worthy opponent. This is our take; we leave the rest to the independent observers to make their own judgments.

Respectfully yours,

HBC All*Stars

Simply put, you as the coach refused to finish a game, contested between 11 year olds, on another field. I'm not sure I see a real reason for your action other than you trying to tie it to respect and fair play. if the referee told the boys to move to another field to finish the game, without any coaches involvement, would the kids have objected? I'm betting no. Try to remember its a game being played by 11 year olds and leave the adult gamesmanship to the softball field.

This is probably the worst decision ever made by a referee. You can not change fields in the middle of the match. If the field becomes unplayable, the referee abandons the match, writes that up in his report and a replay will ensue at a later date. Otherwise, the game has to continue on the field the match started on. Seems like everyone needs to read the laws of the game.

The East Islip club, by evicting this Cup game in progress, violated the league rule that says it must provide a playable field. The field may not be changed in mid-play just because the home club wants to use it for something else.

There is absolutely no other just outcome for this situation, which AllStars did not choose. The East Islip club, by its action in evicting the U11 teams in mid-game, forfeited the game on behalf of the EI U11 team.

The East Islip Club lost that game -- that is a fact. AllStars won it due to the illegal (by league bylaws) eviction of a game in progress. AllStars must appear in the next stage of the LI Cup.

HBC Soccer Club President Bill Rudy and his BFF Jim Neuburger, the travel director, should have been pressuring LIJ and ENY from the very start -- but they won't do it because Neuburger has been trying to put AllStars out of business from Day One -- and however much Crush and the other HBC teams don't like AllStars, you can't fault them for standing up to a couple of fascist pigs at HBC.

"The field may not be changed in mid-play just because the home club wants to use it for something else."

Link to that rule?

Or at the very least post the rule number. After reading the LIJ rule book and browsing the FIFA Laws of the Game I didn't see any such rule.

I may have missed it but if you did see it, please post details (ex. page number, rule number, and link).

I know some of you may be bored with this ongoing discussion but it's a legitimate topic. So far nobody has posted any legitimate facts that would indicate EI should not have advanced. Just speculation and opinion.

Not looking to cause conflict but would rather learn from this unfortunate situation.

Also would like to know if there is a rule that allows a ref coming on for the next game truly has the right to eject the game in progress. I would think the ref of the current game being played would have more authority.

#475439 - 05/14/12 11:05 PM Re: LI Cup Decision [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

After EI evicted him mid-game from his field, the hbc coach talked to the referee, who gave him a choice of taking a forfeit. the coach took that choice. then, says the hbc coach, the referee lied to the league about it. in the end, the hbc coach withdrew from the proposed replay and wished EI well in the Cup.

Two things:

1. was the referee reported to LISRA for misconduct -- not for the mistake, but for the dishonesty.

2. who, from the East Islip club, has admitted they made a mistake by canceling a valid, ongoing game that was important to the kids on the field. This message is for the following East Islip club officials:
John Davis, President

One of you needs to publicly take responsibility for this, and say: 1. we made a mistake 2. it won't happen again

No chance, that club has slightly more class than HBC but it's a close call! The current EI team will not be around in two seasons, mark my words. They have some great athletes with some great soccer players too, but odds are the football kids leave either this, next or the following fall to play football full time. EI is a huge football town. Where does that leave the soccer kids? That team will be searching for players to fill the roster and with the rep of the club, they will not find the level of player needed to compete at the highest level. Their best soccer kids should start looking now as this age group expands their rosters due to moving to 11 aside this fall. If not they might be the best two or three kids in EI playing on a division 3 team, missing opportunities to play at their potential against equal competition. Reality. Look at the history of EI. That's coming from an EI parent having to move two boys after it happened to my first, second and third boy in EI. Not so fun traveling all over the island for practices but my oldest fell into that EI trap and I wasn't going to let it happen again. In defense, I'm sure it's not just at EI this happens. Comments?

#475441 - 05/14/12 11:20 PM Re: LI Cup Decision [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Two things:

John Davis, President

No chance, that club has slightly more class than HBC but it's a close call! The current EI team will not be around in two seasons, mark my words. They have some great athletes with some great soccer players too, but odds are the football kids leave either this, next or the following fall to play football full time. EI is a huge football town. Where does that leave the soccer kids? That team will be searching for players to fill the roster and with the rep of the club, they will not find the level of player needed to compete at the highest level. Their best soccer kids should start looking now as this age group expands their rosters due to moving to 11 aside this fall. If not they might be the best two or three kids in EI playing on a division 3 team, missing opportunities to play at their potential against equal competition. Reality. Look at the history of EI. That's coming from an EI parent having to move two boys after it happened to my first, second and third boy in EI. Not so fun traveling all over the island for practices but my oldest fell into that EI trap and I wasn't going to let it happen again. In defense, I'm sure it's not just at EI this happens. Comments?

Sounds like a personal observation, but the EI team will probably win the division this spring. It's a good team. Can't see that happening after winning the division. No tryouts posted yet but that might not mean anything. It happens more than you might think. Sucks for the really good soccer kids on that team looking to play full time soccer. It certainly might be the case though. There is probably a reason that they are not playing in a second league, only played in one cup, don't travel for tournaments on holiday weekends that we can see. Kids and or coaches probably have other commitments. I will say I agree that if you are thinking of moving Fall U12 is the time to do it (boys or girls)! Would be nice to see them stick around though.

#475442 - 05/14/12 11:26 PM Re: LI Cup Decision [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

S1

EI @ Smithtown...Terrible field may help weaker team but EI just too much. EI 4-1 EI 6-1

BWA @ WBE...WB coming off a tight one with EI & BW falling to the dreaded All*Stars 0-2... 2-2 draw BW 2-1

DPWP @ HBCA...Lucky DP, DP coming off a 2-2 with DH & the All*Stars coming off a typical contorverse filled weekend (business as usual). HBCA 3-1 EXACT

HBC Chelsea @ BP...BP just too much for the angry man & the yeller, BP 3-1 WRONG HBCC 2-1

Crush @ DH...Potential for issues here with their shared past involving players. Crush can't seem to find the net & DH started out strong but just tied DP. Could be a shocker but I'm going 2-1 Crush
GIVE DH TOO MUCH CREDIT on keeping close HBC 4-0

Overall not bad though I think, aside from HBC Chelsea upset.

GROSS Game! Bayport goalie had a VERY rough start from what I was told, I missed that part. One HBC coach ejected and other HBC Coach yellow during game and red after. Bayport missed a PK near the end. They deserved the Loss. They looked very uninspired, however watching the HBC team it seemed impossible for Bayport not to win that game. All HBC could do was play defense, which culminated in a big clear each and every time they gained possession. Ugly play that worked for them. No shots in second half against BP. If HBC Chelsea ends up in D1 in the fall, they will finish last without a major overhaul. This is coming from a LI Milan fan that caught most of the game, and watched BP play very well in 11 v 11 game right after against us.

Was told Bayport looked flat from the start of the game. First HBCC goal came off a deflection from the BP goalie and the BP defender just let the HBCC player walk-in to score the goal without a challenge. Great effort to follow up by HBCC.

The second goal came off a distance shot that floated in just under the cross bar catching the BP goalie on his heels. Seems that must have been a nice shot or a lucky clearance.

Either way the real shame isn't BP losing but the poor actions by some of the adults at the game. One BP coach was yelling at and critiziing his players for the better part of the game. Which seemed to bring down the BP kids even more.

Coaches, yelling negative things at your kids on the field will not help. The best thing to do would be to sub the kid and calmly explain how to correct the mistake or let them know what you expect. Remember these are 10-11 year old kids. I'm sure somebody screaming at you for making a misted wouldn't make you feel any better or make you want to improve.

HBCC coach(es) and some parents were crying and complaining in the second half. So much that one of the coaches recreived a red card during the game and the other a yellow. Even sadder an HBCC parent decided to make the smart decision to make comments to the ref after the game in which the ref gave the HBCC coach a second yellow, as we know turns into a red card, which automatically ejected the second coach.

Great job HBCC parent now you may have forfeit next weeks game. A trully sad ending to a game that ended in your favor. What a fool. I wonder how the league will handle the double red card situation.

#475446 - 05/14/12 11:50 PM Re: LI Cup Decision [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can we please move on? Predictions anyone N1/S1 ?

N1
Hicksville Galaxy 2 vs. 2 Floral Park Fire HICKSVILLE 1 - 6 FP
Plainview Old Bethpage N Y 0 vs. 3 Farmingdale Fury POB 3 - 3 FARMINGDALE
Albertson Barcelona 4 vs. 3 NHP Leopards ALB 2 - 6 NHP
Uniondale Leones 4 vs. 3 Elmont RB Generals UNIONDALE 2 -3 ELMONT
Bellmore United 3 vs. 0 RVC Milan (Not played yet)

Love N1 this year, very even division, also very hard to predict week to week.

Yeah. Not even close with the picks this week. Try again.

Why didn't Bellmore and RVC play?

Where are the Albertson folks? Farmingdale and NHP beat them up pretty good the last two weeks. Albertson definitely has the best player in the league but the rest of the team is more D2 than D1.

The best player in the league??? Really? I'd love to hear how you can justify this kid.

I didnt post the first comment about the Albertson kid, but I have seen every D-1 team on LI, and I agree that the new Albertson player is the class of the age group. I have been around the game my whole life and it is hard to dispute that the kid is very talented. There are a few others in his class, including one each on NHP, HBCA, and Bellmore (a goalie, I know, but a terrrific one at that). Surprised that they lost the last two games - wondering if he even played.

#475447 - 05/15/12 12:12 AM Re: LI Cup Decision [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Over the past couple days, many friends and parents have reached out to us and have suggested that we put out a statement to clear the air regarding comments that were directed at our staff in the Blogosphere, concerning the events that occurred during the LI CUP game on May 6th, 2012.

This will be the only time we formally put out our side of the story! We have taking some time and reviewed some of the posts and statements on the thread. While we will not address every single post, we will try to touch up on a few statements and accusations made exclusively towards our staff.

On the day in question, our team The HBC All*Stars and The East Islip Explosion Boys played a very competitive first half as expected from both teams. Suddenly, at the end of the half time break, our boys were ready to step into the field when the referee informed us that East Islip coaches wanted to move the second half to another field. Right away we advised the referee of our intention and readiness to continue playing on the current field where we originally started. The referee suggested that we should tell East Islip. We objected to that and advised the Referee that since he was the messenger, he should be the one to return the message. At the same time we noticed the temporary goals were being removed and two other teams and different sets of referees were coming to the field and asking us to leave. Before taking our boys off the field we ask our game referee what the outcome of the game would be. He stated that our boys will be awarded a 1-0 forfeit. At that point we pulled our boys off the field and released them to their parents.

We were contacted by cup coordinator for the age group recently and we were asked to replay the game. Our understanding is that the league made the decision based on the referee report. Apparently the referee reported that he had inspected another field and that our team refused to play. While we have not seen the report, it is our understanding that there were no mention of his statement to us on the field regarding the forfeit and our option not to move if we didn't want to.

We have respectfully declined to let our boys replay the game and informed the league through the coordinator that we didn’t have a problem if they league let the East Islip boys move on to the next round. To date, our boys have played 16 and a half games 13-2-1 record not counting that last half game thus far this spring; with another 12 games on the schedule to be played by June 24. Not counting if they continue to progress in the State Cup.

To respond to the question of: why didn’t we simply move to the other field and play the other half? Well, we have been around this game for a longtime, a combined close to 75 years experience there are no precedents for such situation as far as we know. If the field is playable, we shouldn’t have to move. The other game should have been delayed! It is highly likely that some of the infantile statements, accusations and insults directed at our staff in this blog came directly from some of the misguided souls from East Islip. Prior to the game, our coach walked over to their bench, shook hands with their staff and the substitute players and wished them good luck. If there was a “field problem” they could have easily approached us and informed us of this issue like adults. Consequently, our response and approach would have been totally different. FIFA’s “My Game is Fair Play” in short stipulates whether you like your opponents or not, you must respect and be courteous to them. One of the Fair play codes for coaches stated “The Coach’s conduct toward other coaches must be characterized by courtesy, good faith and respect”.

On the statement that” we were afraid to finish a 1-1 game”, we don’t play the game, the boys do. They were ready to play. They always look forward to playing opponents like the East Islip boys because it is always a fun, up-tempo, competitive game (although we cannot really say that for the lopsided victory the previous Saturday). But Kudos to the East Islip boys, they were the better side that day!

In summation, I doubt many teams play as many games as our boys. The decision not to play one half is not a matter of being scared, wanting to win or poor sportsmanship on our part. Rather, our underlying principle is to make sure our boys understand the importance of not only sportsmanship and fair play, but also to protect one of the team's core values which is mutual RESPECT. What we hope to teach our boys from this situation is simple, if your opponent does not respect you; they are not a worthy opponent. This is our take; we leave the rest to the independent observers to make their own judgments.

Respectfully yours,

HBC All*Stars

Simply put, you as the coach refused to finish a game, contested between 11 year olds, on another field. I'm not sure I see a real reason for your action other than you trying to tie it to respect and fair play. if the referee told the boys to move to another field to finish the game, without any coaches involvement, would the kids have objected? I'm betting no. Try to remember its a game being played by 11 year olds and leave the adult gamesmanship to the softball field.

This is probably the worst decision ever made by a referee. You can not change fields in the middle of the match. If the field becomes unplayable, the referee abandons the match, writes that up in his report and a replay will ensue at a later date. Otherwise, the game has to continue on the field the match started on. Seems like everyone needs to read the laws of the game.

The East Islip club, by evicting this Cup game in progress, violated the league rule that says it must provide a playable field. The field may not be changed in mid-play just because the home club wants to use it for something else.

There is absolutely no other just outcome for this situation, which AllStars did not choose. The East Islip club, by its action in evicting the U11 teams in mid-game, forfeited the game on behalf of the EI U11 team.

The East Islip Club lost that game -- that is a fact. AllStars won it due to the illegal (by league bylaws) eviction of a game in progress. AllStars must appear in the next stage of the LI Cup.

HBC Soccer Club President Bill Rudy and his BFF Jim Neuburger, the travel director, should have been pressuring LIJ and ENY from the very start -- but they won't do it because Neuburger has been trying to put AllStars out of business from Day One -- and however much Crush and the other HBC teams don't like AllStars, you can't fault them for standing up to a couple of fascist pigs at HBC.

"The field may not be changed in mid-play just because the home club wants to use it for something else."

Link to that rule?

Or at the very least post the rule number. After reading the LIJ rule book and browsing the FIFA Laws of the Game I didn't see any such rule.

I may have missed it but if you did see it, please post details (ex. page number, rule number, and link).

I know some of you may be bored with this ongoing discussion but it's a legitimate topic. So far nobody has posted any legitimate facts that would indicate EI should not have advanced. Just speculation and opinion.

Not looking to cause conflict but would rather learn from this unfortunate situation.

Also would like to know if there is a rule that allows a ref coming on for the next game truly has the right to eject the game in progress. I would think the ref of the current game being played would have more authority.

Looks like EI U11 team had the right to stay on the field. Again a poor job by the coaches, the EI club, and refs for not knowing or ignoring the rules.

LIJ$L rule book page 36:

Part 5. Delaying the Start of a Scheduled Match Any team delaying the start of a scheduled game more than fifteen (15) minutes without the sanction of the League’s designated Coordinator and/or Supervisor shall forfeit the game F-0. This condition is waived should the game be delayed by a preceding game that is a Long Island Junior Soccer League or Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association or Regional Premier Leagues scheduled match. The fifteen (15) minute forfeit time will commence upon completion of the previous match on fields with multiple games.

And for those who posted ignorant comments and opinions regarding the authority of the referee, that HBCA should have been awarded the forfeit, or that LIJ$L doesn't have the right to overturn a refs decision.

LIJ$L rule book page 37-39

a) Forfeiture and Failure to Compete (Complete One’s Scheduled Games) If a team fails to complete its scheduled games, the matter will be reviewed by the Games Committee, which shall have the authority to take such actions against the team as it deems appropriate.

c) Game Terminated by the Referee Should the match be terminated by the Referee prior to the time specified in the rules, for reasons of bad weather, poor field conditions, or darkness, the entire game must be replayed. (FIFA Law VII)

d) Game Terminated by the Referee for other Reasons Should the match be terminated by the Referee for any other reason the (Coaches/Players) Arbitration Committee will decide whether the game should be replayed.

Part 14. Change of Game Location Should there be a last minute change to a match (game) site, the Home Team must provide a person at the original site to escort the Referee and the Visiting team to the new site.

LIJ$L rule book page 44

5. Team Refuses to Continue If a team refuses to continue to play after being so instructed by the Referee, the team will forfeit the game, F-0.

LIJ$L rule book page 48

4. Ignorance of the Rules A plea of ignorance of the rules and regulations of the League is not sufficient grounds for the filing of a protest or dispute.

LIJ$L rule book page 51

4. Ignorance of the Rules A plea of ignorance of the rules and regulations of the League is not sufficient grounds for the filing of an appeal.

Judging by this rules HBC AllStars deserved to lose the game simply for being ignorant of the rules. Looks like the 75 years of experience hasn't learned to much. It seems the league tried to do right by the kids and threw HBCA a bone.

#475450 - 05/15/12 12:51 AM Re: LI Cup Decision [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Respectfully yours,

HBC All*Stars

I must say off the pitch the AllStars coaches seem to be nice guys. I applaud your attempt to post a statement but this was a poor effort on your part.

First off both sides are at fault. Neither coach understood the rules and I bet neither had a copy on hand. This is something you failed to mention in your statement. Best part is that with the age of technology anybody could have used a smartphone to visit the LIJSL website to review the rules. They could have easily saw that no such rule of not moving to another existed.

It was also bad form for the AllStars coach to listen to the referee. You should know by now that they don't always know what they're talking about. I hope it's a lesson learned by both coaches. I would think that 75 years of combined experience would have prepared you for this.

I agree with the post stating the referee is not a messanger. You speak about respect and courtesy but "objected" to speak with EI. That was a contradiction, as adults all the coaches should have came together with the referee to discuss the issue at hand. You also claim that EI should have approached you. How could you make a statement as such when you already objected to the referees suggestion to speak with EI. Sounds like finger pointing to me.

Stating that you shouldn't have to move is an uneducated answer. Again if you would have read the rules you would have known that it was your responsibilty to continue the game providing it was on a legitimate pitch or risk a forfeit.

Your "response and approach" sould have been totally different from the start.

Also your "I doubt many teams play as many games as our boys" is wrong. There are many teams that play as many games. For example West Babylon, HBC Crush, Bayport, and Brentwood are good examples of teams that play in two leagues and have been involved in at least 2-3 Cups/Tournaments this season.

What it all comes down to is that you made a poor decision based on a lack of knowledge regarding the rules.

I would bet that if you had made a statement admitting your mistakes and that there was a misunderstanding you would have gained respect from EI, the soccer community, and the posters on this (or at least some of them). Please know that I am not saying all the mistakes were on your part, but you could have admitted where you were wrong.

Please don't take this as an attack on you or your team but rather on the poor statement you posted.

I also agree with the poster who said respect is earned not given. If you wanted to earn respect you would have played on the pitch EI was trying to provide, you could have made an effort to speak with EI to resolve the issue at hand, or you could have let the boys play in the makeup game.

I with you luck with the rest of your season but don't look forward to sharing a sideline with your team's parents, or at least some of them, and you constant complaining on the sideline.

You need to stop blaming the referee all the time and play the game. Not once have I seen you complain to the ref when a bad call went your way. Bad calls are made by the referees but it usually goes both ways. Deal with it and not by chasing them or making them cry. Have some composure because it's your antics and those of your parents that your boys see and learn from. This is just an observation from sharing the pitch with you over the past few seasons.

What planet are you from? It is the referee's game. His or her word is law. Get with the program, you sound like a dunce here. If the referee told the coaches something -- for example, that the game was a forfeit -- then the coach must rely on that. Otherwise you have chaos. Again, be careful what you say, you may prove yourself to be fully unqualified to comment.

Obviously not from your home planet of ingnorance. The referee is there to enforce the rules of the game and keep order. Learn to read and become familiar with FIFAs Laws of the Game and the league rule book. I would quote the rules but I don't believe you have the ability to understand them. Seems like YOU should be careful about what you say, YOU HAVE PROVEN yourself to be fully UNQUALIFIED TO COMMENT.

League rule book page 27

All LIJSL sanctioned competitions shall be played in accordance with the most current FIFA Laws of the Game and the modifications noted within these rules unless specifically accepted by authorization of the LIJSL Board of Directors. It is imperative that all coaches and referees be thoroughly familiar with and abides by FIFA Laws and these modifications.

As stated earlier the HBCA coaches should not have listened to the referee. Had the coaches been familiar with the rules they would have understood that that a forfeit couldn't have been an option.

Next time do some research before posting such an ignorant comment sound you don't sound like a "dunce."

Anymore excuses from the HBCA supporters?

#475452 - 05/15/12 01:18 AM Joey Barton Award @ HBC [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

... What's up with the HBC club team coaches in this age group???!!! They are all a freakin' bunch of tools. Seriously they are all f***ed up in the head. Chris-Allstars, Shawn-Crush, Damianos-Chelsea. That club should hire a full time "shrink" not for the coaches or board members (they are too far gone), but the parents that let these nut cases near their kids!!!

Drum roll please..... Announcing the results of.... HBC's 3rd Annual Joey Barton Award.... For his third straight year the winner is.... Shawn!

Winner: Shawn (HBC Crush)
1st Runner Up: Jim Neuburger (HBC ATM)
2nd Runner Up: Damianos (HBC Chelsea)
3rd Runner Up: Damianos's trainer (HBC Chelsea)

Chris, of the AllStars, was not eligible because you've got to kiss Neuburger's b@tt once a week, and Chris hasn't done it even once. Yes, Neuburger is eligible because he loves to kiss his own b@tt. Shawn always wears Jim's favorite color of lipstick so he's got a leg up.

Shawn's acheivements this year-
*Ref abuse - blamed a teen-aged referee for his U11 goalkeeper's arm fracture, and yelled f@#king c@nt at another teen ref for missing an offside call
*Sideline behavior - frequent smoking, spitting, and urinating in nearby bushes
*No Holds Barred - admitted that back in a college game he bit a team mate, but says he meant to bite a referee not the player

#475468 - 05/15/12 07:45 AM Re: LI Cup Decision [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

"I didnt post the first comment about the Albertson kid, but I have seen every D-1 team on LI, and I agree that the new Albertson player is the class of the age group. I have been around the game my whole life and it is hard to dispute that the kid is very talented. There are a few others in his class, including one each on NHP, HBCA, and Bellmore (a goalie, I know, but a terrrific one at that). Surprised that they lost the last two games - wondering if he even played."

In the "age group" could go both ways. PLAYING in the age group is different. The most talented player that qualifies for the U11 age group in my opinion plays up in the U12 age group. Having said that, it is my opinion BUT I also admit I have not seen every single player that plays up out of this age group either nor has anyone else most likely. One player does not a team make wink

#475475 - 05/15/12 08:34 AM Re: LI Cup Decision [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][Looks like EI U11 team had the right to stay on the field. Again a poor job by the coaches, the EI club, and refs for not knowing or ignoring the rules.

LIJ$L rule book page 36:

Part 5. Delaying the Start of a Scheduled Match Any team delaying the start of a scheduled game more than fifteen (15) minutes without the sanction of the League’s designated Coordinator and/or Supervisor shall forfeit the game F-0. This condition is waived should the game be delayed by a preceding game that is a Long Island Junior Soccer League or Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association or Regional Premier Leagues scheduled match. The fifteen (15) minute forfeit time will commence upon completion of the previous match on fields with multiple games.

And for those who posted ignorant comments and opinions regarding the authority of the referee, that HBCA should have been awarded the forfeit, or that LIJ$L doesn't have the right to overturn a refs decision.

LIJ$L rule book page 37-39

a) Forfeiture and Failure to Compete (Complete One’s Scheduled Games) If a team fails to complete its scheduled games, the matter will be reviewed by the Games Committee, which shall have the authority to take such actions against the team as it deems appropriate.

c) Game Terminated by the Referee Should the match be terminated by the Referee prior to the time specified in the rules, for reasons of bad weather, poor field conditions, or darkness, the entire game must be replayed. (FIFA Law VII)

d) Game Terminated by the Referee for other Reasons Should the match be terminated by the Referee for any other reason the (Coaches/Players) Arbitration Committee will decide whether the game should be replayed.

Part 14. Change of Game Location Should there be a last minute change to a match (game) site, the Home Team must provide a person at the original site to escort the Referee and the Visiting team to the new site.

LIJ$L rule book page 44

5. Team Refuses to Continue If a team refuses to continue to play after being so instructed by the Referee, the team will forfeit the game, F-0.

LIJ$L rule book page 48

4. Ignorance of the Rules A plea of ignorance of the rules and regulations of the League is not sufficient grounds for the filing of a protest or dispute.

LIJ$L rule book page 51

4. Ignorance of the Rules A plea of ignorance of the rules and regulations of the League is not sufficient grounds for the filing of an appeal.

Judging by this rules HBC AllStars deserved to lose the game simply for being ignorant of the rules. Looks like the 75 years of experience hasn't learned to much. It seems the league tried to do right by the kids and threw HBCA a bone.

1-obviously the match referee did not terminate the game, the EI club/coach and the ref for the second match did (that's what EI said).
2-Assuming the match referee terminated the game, it wasn't for any of the reasons hilighted in the paragraph you posted here. Therefore he shouldn't have terminated the game.
3-The referee above all should have known the league rules. Otherwise he is not qualified.

#475476 - 05/15/12 08:35 AM Re: LI Cup Decision [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quite a few teams lost this Saturday why is it that we only have posts detailing the Bayport loss. For a team that gets soooo much press about wonderful coaching, kids and parents why can't they accept the lost and move on...... Have heard enough about horrible goals, kick and run, no ability to possess, screaming coaches etc etc. Your team scored 1 goal in 50 minutes of play and you lost. Some of these teams act like they play such a higher evolved game than everyone else out there, I have seen Bayport and believe me they don't play much more than kick and run, at this point teams doing what it takes to stay in D1, Chelsea by no means an unskilled team have seen them many times indoors, in fact quite the opposite, they came up with a strategy for Bayport executed it and won really end of story. Lets all look to next week

#475477 - 05/15/12 08:37 AM Re: Joey Barton Award @ HBC [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

... What's up with the HBC club team coaches in this age group???!!! They are all a freakin' bunch of tools. Seriously they are all f***ed up in the head. Chris-Allstars, Shawn-Crush, Damianos-Chelsea. That club should hire a full time "shrink" not for the coaches or board members (they are too far gone), but the parents that let these nut cases near their kids!!!

Drum roll please..... Announcing the results of.... HBC's 3rd Annual Joey Barton Award.... For his third straight year the winner is.... Shawn!

Winner: Shawn (HBC Crush)
1st Runner Up: Jim Neuburger (HBC ATM)
2nd Runner Up: Damianos (HBC Chelsea)
3rd Runner Up: Damianos's trainer (HBC Chelsea)

Chris, of the AllStars, was not eligible because you've got to kiss Neuburger's b@tt once a week, and Chris hasn't done it even once. Yes, Neuburger is eligible because he loves to kiss his own b@tt. Shawn always wears Jim's favorite color of lipstick so he's got a leg up.

Shawn's acheivements this year-
*Ref abuse - blamed a teen-aged referee for his U11 goalkeeper's arm fracture, and yelled f@#king c@nt at another teen ref for missing an offside call
*No Holds Barred - admitted that back in a college game he bit a team mate, but says he meant to bite a referee not the player

Now that's funny! LOL
Dude not that I agree with the stuff you been saying about Shawn. But this one I have to give it to you, that was a good one.

#475478 - 05/15/12 08:37 AM Re: LI Cup Decision [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

"I didnt post the first comment about the Albertson kid, but I have seen every D-1 team on LI, and I agree that the new Albertson player is the class of the age group. I have been around the game my whole life and it is hard to dispute that the kid is very talented. There are a few others in his class, including one each on NHP, HBCA, and Bellmore (a goalie, I know, but a terrrific one at that). Surprised that they lost the last two games - wondering if he even played."

In the "age group" could go both ways. PLAYING in the age group is different. The most talented player that qualifies for the U11 age group in my opinion plays up in the U12 age group. Having said that, it is my opinion BUT I also admit I have not seen every single player that plays up out of this age group either nor has anyone else most likely. One player does not a team make wink

Albertson is a good offensive team. They just ran into two very good defensive clubs(Farm. & NHP). Albertson has the one great kid that the offense goes thru, against weaker defensive teams he has field days. Now that Albertson got thru the two toughest games on their schedule, lets see what they do over the last three games. they are still in a position to end up on top of N1

Page 163 of 206 < 1 2 ... 161 162 163 164 165 ... 205 206 >

Moderator:  Arielle, Larry Miller, ZiggyRowe 
Intense Soccer Academy
Coastal Soccer
House of Sports
Xtreme Goalkeeping
The Soccer Palace
Fall Tournaments
KPSC Winter Kickoff
SC December Tournaments
MAPS Fall Challenge
RVSC College Showcase