Premier League
NERP
Colonial League
2014-2015 ENY (State) Cup
Challenge Cup U10-U12
Challenge Cup U13-U19
Open Cup
New Jersey Leagues
Northern Counties | CJYSA | JAGS | Morris County | Metro | Jersey Coast | Monmouth Ocean | Mid-Jersey | South Jersey | South Jersey Girls |
ECNL
ECNL Standings
EDP Fall 2014
Brackets
Schedules
NSCAA HS & College Rankings
USSF Academies
USSF Academy Schedules
US Soccer
Coaching Drills
Girls NPL Listing
Aztec Soccer | Brentwood | ISA | Massapequa | Massachusetts Premier | STA | NEFC | NJ Crush | NJSA04 | NY Rush | NR Sting | Oakwood | Parsippany SC | Seacoast Utd. | Yankee Utd. |
Latest Tryout Posts
Looking for Suffolk BU13 Premier players LGN United
by LGN Coach
08/29/14 09:40 PM
VOB GU11 looking for a few players
by Viperettes
08/29/14 05:02 PM
GU14 Keeper looking to guest play....
by GK GU14
08/29/14 01:16 PM
Newest Members
Viperettes, BELLPOP, mister516, usacademy, SolarRedTx
13277 Registered Users
BOTN Photo Gallery
Hubie Hamburgers
Page 13 of 60 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 59 60 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#459569 - 01/21/12 08:48 PM Re: LIJSL BU10 Fall 2011 - Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Anonymous
You fail to see the problem because you have not addressed the question of why they had a major division. I never stated that a B team is bad but it makes a difference when you base placement on point totals if you are playing b and c teams rather than A teams. Answer the question of why then anyone would enter the major division? The major division was created a long time ago based on the league tring to make the fall more competitive and balanced and then using it as a spring board for the spring alignments. At this point they should just do it geographically and do away with the pretense of NM and NN. Again answer the question and stop giving an irrelevant justification for the leagues idiocy.

Maybe they should get rid of it. I just don't see the big deal. If your team is D2 or even D3 in the spring it just isn't a huge travesty that you can't call yourself D1 for a season or two. This sounds far more like an ego issue than a problem with the level of competition.

Junior Soccer Advertisements

Click Here!

#459626 - 01/22/12 03:41 PM Re: LIJSL BU10 Fall 2011 - Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Only way to show LIJSL is to unfortunately go out and beat teams 10 or 15-0. Sucks for both coaches, teams and players but LIJSL really screwed up with some of these alignments.

#459941 - 01/24/12 06:41 PM Re: LIJSL BU10 Fall 2011 - Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

It is what it is , Play the spring and see what happens . You might be surprized !!!

#460027 - 01/25/12 01:53 PM Re: LIJSL BU10 Fall 2011 - Spring 2012 [Re: Larry Miller]
Anonymous
Unregistered

How do I get in touch with MT. Sinai Stamped coach?

#460051 - 01/25/12 04:43 PM Re: LIJSL BU10 Fall 2011 - Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Only way to show lIJ is to unfortunately go out and beat teams 10 or 15-0. Sucks for both coaches, teams and players but LIJ really screwed up with some of these alignments.
No it's not, you're an ass, smashing kids 10-0 is ok by you. Any coach or trainer who let's the score get passed 5-0 shouldn't have anything to do with youth sports. You score 5 then play defense!

#460073 - 01/25/12 09:18 PM Re: LIJSL BU10 Fall 2011 - Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

The d1 and d2 brackets have some balance. Sometimes when you make a major division the eight ranked team doesn't have a prayer to beat anyone. Each division will have two dominant teams that will school the rest and hopefully bring up the level of play. True NM will have four dominant teams. The teams that really should crying are teams like mastic who are going to play D4. That's we're it really gets ridiculous where they will dominate without challenge.

At least teams that may lucky to make d1 are athletic and can learn. D4 ha great kids but many are not natural atheles. No completion in skill strategy or athletism.

#460094 - 01/26/12 07:23 AM Re: LIJSL BU10 Fall 2011 - Spring 2012 [Re: Larry Miller]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I Coach , I ask around a lot . Most of you crying parents never played the game . Stop living through your son and enjoy u-10 !!

And Yes , I've played and still do !! Over 40 , year round .

Once a year I get my boys together and we play the parents .. After that game , they know how hard it is to really play soccer . Try it ! I bet you'll stop coaching from the sidelines !!!

#460232 - 01/26/12 10:29 PM Re: LIJSL BU10 Fall 2011 - Spring 2012 [Re: Larry Miller]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anyone know how they set up the cup games ??

#460803 - 01/31/12 10:50 PM Re: LIJSL BU10 Fall 2011 - Spring 2012 [Re: Larry Miller]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Congratulations to BU10 Sportsmanship winners!

#461078 - 02/02/12 09:50 PM Re: LIJSL BU10 Fall 2011 - Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

who won ?

#461126 - 02/03/12 11:38 AM Re: LIJSL BU10 Fall 2011 - Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

who won ?

In these links:

Originally Posted By: Larry Miller

#461149 - 02/03/12 01:49 PM Re: LIJSL BU10 Fall 2011 - Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

"Only way to show LIJSL is to unfortunately go out and beat teams 10 or 15-0. Sucks for both coaches, teams and players but LIJSL really screwed up with some of these alignments."

You are an absolute moron. I coach a much older kid playing premier...I've seen a lot over the years, been through almost every scenario. Maybe some of us fellow U10 coaches have, too. And year after year there are people like you who just don't get it. You think it's all about winning. I can safely say that after all of these years, playing at the level we are, it is NOT about winning. It's about development in a fun, safe and happy environment. That may sound cliche and full of rainbows and sunshine, but the are children. Not "little boy warriors" going off to battle like so many of us parents unfortunately believe. They are young kids...athletes. Who want to play a great sport without someone like you mucking it up. Any coach worth anything will know how to tactfully win a game without blowing the score or embarrassing the competition by playing keepaway, etc. I you think the answer is to crush another team to make a point to the LIJSL then lock yourself away for the next 10 years because we don't need your kind on the youth soccer field. You ruin it for the kids. I can only imagine what other words of coaching wisdom you'd say...save it. You're an idiot.

#461238 - 02/04/12 09:08 AM Re: LIJSL BU10 Fall 2011 - Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

"Only way to show LIJSL is to unfortunately go out and beat teams 10 or 15-0. Sucks for both coaches, teams and players but LIJSL really screwed up with some of these alignments."

You are an absolute moron. I coach a much older kid playing premier...I've seen a lot over the years, been through almost every scenario. Maybe some of us fellow U10 coaches have, too. And year after year there are people like you who just don't get it. You think it's all about winning. I can safely say that after all of these years, playing at the level we are, it is NOT about winning. It's about development in a fun, safe and happy environment. That may sound cliche and full of rainbows and sunshine, but the are children. Not "little boy warriors" going off to battle like so many of us parents unfortunately believe. They are young kids...athletes. Who want to play a great sport without someone like you mucking it up. Any coach worth anything will know how to tactfully win a game without blowing the score or embarrassing the competition by playing keepaway, etc. I you think the answer is to crush another team to make a point to the LIJSL then lock yourself away for the next 10 years because we don't need your kind on the youth soccer field. You ruin it for the kids. I can only imagine what other words of coaching wisdom you'd say...save it. You're an idiot.

A little harsh on the newbie don't you think. Some of these posts are by new young , 1st child parents. you were in his/her shoes once. Educate dont berate them otherwise this thread turns into the bashing BS on most others. Think about it thankyou have a nice day

#461245 - 02/04/12 11:23 AM Re: LIJSL BU10 Fall 2011 - Spring 2012 [Re: Larry Miller]
Anonymous
Unregistered

When is the LI Cup draw going to be posted? How can we schedule our State Cup game if we don't know when our LI cup is going to be played?

#461249 - 02/04/12 11:31 AM Re: LIJSL BU10 Fall 2011 - Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Larry Miller Online   happy
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

Loc: Greenwich Village
When is the LI Cup draw going to be posted? How can we schedule our State Cup game if we don't know when our LI cup is going to be played?

The Long Island Cup is not played on a a day when there is a Stae Cup game, hence, there will be no conflict.

Page 13 of 60 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 59 60 >

Moderator:  Arielle, Larry Miller, ZiggyRowe 
Fall & Columbus Weekend
MAPS Fall Challenge
East Islip Fall Classic
Northport SC
Fall EDP Cup
Parsippany Pride
RVSC College Showcase
FC Westchester
Coleman Country
Winter Indoor
Coleman Country
Sports Underdome
2015 Tournaments
RYSA Wildcats Labor Day
Sponsors

Globall Sports Centers
Soccer Leagues
Soccer Tournaments
Training Clinics
Birthday Parties
Field Rentals
LI Rough Riders
Training Program
Soccer Camps
Jr. Rough Riders
Rough Riders Select
Men's & Women's Tickets
SUSA Bubble Lindenhurst
Youth Leagues
Tournaments
Adult Leagues
Training & Academy Programs
Field Rentals
Summer League
Soccer Coliseum
Tournaments
Training
Youth Leagues
Adult Leagues
Premier Soccer Academy
Tournaments
Youth Academy ID Camps
Camps
Coaching Services
Kickiní Kiddie Program
Who's Online
12 registered (Larry Miller, forthekids1023, Steelerz, Viperettes, Cross It 4 Fun, CJ Orlando, Maricotin, Barcelona102503, RayBeers31, Soccer Dad 04', Skimat, Anyguy), 674 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Boys NPL Listing
Brentwood | Bklyn Italians | Everton Amer. | Eastern FC | East Meadow SC | Massapequa | STA Soccer | NY Elite | HOTA | Parsippany SC | Princeton SC | Soccer Plus Acad. |

Click Here!

Copyright (c) Back of THE NET 1993 - 2014