Academy Sports Complex Winter League starting Saturday January 3rd is in need of teams to close out divisions. Girls U 8, 9,10,11,12 Boys U10,11,12,13,14 and HS. Please call (631)3932784 or email Chris@academysportscomplex.com

House of Sports
Team X-Plosion
NYCSL NYPL NPL JSS

NYCSL & JSS Schedules, Scores & Standings
| NYCSL | NYPL | NPL |
NY (State) Cup | JSS |
Subscribe to BOTN
BOTN Electronic Alerts
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Fall '14 Scores & Standings

Fall '14 Sportsmanship
Fall '14 Schedule
Spring '15 Schedule
R1 Championships League
Division 1
Division 2
Division 3
National League
2014-2015 ENY (State) Cup
Challenge Cup U10-U12
Challenge Cup U13-U19
Open Cup
New Jersey Leagues
Northern Counties | CJYSA | JAGS | Morris County | Metro | Jersey Coast | Monmouth Ocean | Mid-Jersey | South Jersey | South Jersey Girls |
ECNL
ECNL Standings
EDP Fall 2014
Brackets
Schedules
NSCAA HS & College Rankings
Premier Soccer Academy
Tournaments
Youth Academy ID Camps
Camps
Coaching Services
Kickiní Kiddie Program
USSF Academies
USSF Academy Schedules
US Soccer
Girls NPL Listing
Brentwood | ISA | Massapequa | Manhattan SC | STA | NYSC | NJ Crush | NY Rush | Quickstrike FC |
Latest Tryout Posts
GU17 EDP/NYPL LONGWOOD TWISTERS
by lwtwisters
Today at 12:16 PM
Bohemia Blue Thunder GU-16 Spring 2015 Looking for field players and goalie
by bob2288
Yesterday at 06:11 PM
Middle Country Storm GU19 looking for Mid-Fielders, Backup Goalie
by MPizzirusso
Yesterday at 06:53 AM
Newest Members
SUSA BUBBLE1, KK Soccer, coachmightytiger, sapfam5, KyleFam
13386 Registered Users
Who's Online
2 registered (Larry Miller, CJ Orlando), 551 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Boys NPL Listing
Brentwood | Bklyn Italians | Everton Amer. | Eastern FC | East Meadow SC | Massapequa | STA Soccer | NY Elite | HOTA | Parsippany SC | Princeton SC | Soccer Plus Acad. |
BOTN Photo Gallery
Queens Blvd. & Long Island Expressway, 1955
Page 15 of 60 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 59 60 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#461881 - 02/12/12 12:46 AM Re: LIJSL BU10 Fall 2011 - Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Saying the RR have no cuts is the same as saying club teams do not have cuts. When you try out for the RR's you are on the team for 1 year just as the club teams then tryouts are held again. If you have not been to the tryouts the younger ages usually get a large turn out(which I am guessing you have been there but just did not like the results). While there are lots of good players out there on club teams not on the RR's I am sure if you speak to any RR parent they would be able to tell you about the shelves full of medals and trophy's they have won in the tournements they have played in over that year. Considering they train as a group of 24+ kids and mix and match them all the time so a "Team" practice is never held and kids play all positions I would say they are a pretty talented group.

Junior Soccer Advertisements

Click Here!

#461914 - 02/12/12 05:50 PM Re: LIJSL BU10 Fall 2011 - Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Shelves of Medals says it all. You are a loser. So for the $1000 a year you got a few $5 medals. Keep paying for crap. They have no cuts. They just make more teams. NO CUTS! All about the money! Feel bad for your kid. I guess the emphasis should be on winning medals at 10.

You are Clueless.

#461938 - 02/12/12 11:32 PM Re: LIJSL BU10 Fall 2011 - Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Anonymous
Shelves of Medals says it all. You are a loser. So for the $1000 a year you got a few $5 medals. Keep paying for crap. They have no cuts. They just make more teams. NO CUTS! All about the money! Feel bad for your kid. I guess the emphasis should be on winning medals at 10.

You are Clueless.

That is funny because they could of made 4 teams with all the kids that tried out for our age group and they had to cut, yes that is right had to cut so keep spreading your ignorant views. As far as the medals and trophies they mean nothing but the kids enjoy them and considering the RR's usually play up an age group it is impressive to see. Oh this is against teams in NYC and NJ not only LI who by far has the least talent due to parent coaches instead of actual trainers. But I am sure your kid is the best and you are a positive influence on him.

#461942 - 02/13/12 05:51 AM Re: LIJSL BU10 Fall 2011 - Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anyguy Offline
Back of THE NET

You are Clueless.

That is funny because they could of made 4 teams with all the kids that tried out for our age group and they had to cut, yes that is right had to cut so keep spreading your ignorant views. As far as the medals and trophies they mean nothing but the kids enjoy them and considering the RR's usually play up an age group it is impressive to see. Oh this is against teams in NYC and NJ not only LI who by far has the least talent due to parent coaches instead of actual trainers. But I am sure your kid is the best and you are a positive influence on him.

On and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on

#461963 - 02/13/12 09:35 AM Re: LIJSL BU10 Fall 2011 - Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

What age group are all these medals being won at? Because I know the U 10's have a few teams. No Cuts unless the kid cant pay the hefty fee. Nice that you put down other LI players. I guess yours is the best. He is getting all that exceptional training. You are clueless. Think you need to put another shelf up for this coming Spring season.

#461985 - 02/13/12 11:45 AM Re: LIJSL BU10 Fall 2011 - Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

What age group are all these medals being won at? Because I know the U 10's have a few teams. No Cuts unless the kid cant pay the hefty fee. Nice that you put down other LI players. I guess yours is the best. He is getting all that exceptional training. You are clueless. Think you need to put another shelf up for this coming Spring season.

Perhaps we are all simply not as smart as you, knower of all things RR.

#462035 - 02/13/12 03:47 PM Re: LIJSL BU10 Fall 2011 - Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

This realignment or alignment needs to be looked at with a better understanding or system on how to relegate and promote teams at such a young age. This is what happened to my team. I carry 15 I sub in and out, each player gets their game 50/50 time, my focus is to develop not to win, although the boys want to win. I systematically sub doesn't matter what the score is , how much time is left etc. I believe this to be model coaching for LIJSL at this age. We lost a few close games one of which we played a man down on the field to accommodate the other team not having subs ( sportsmanship),if I would have kept my best players in I would have found success on those days and maybe I wouldn't be as perplexed as I am now but again its not about that.. here is what I do not understand.. LIJSL promotes by goal differential? I may be wrong but that is what I hear..so for me to get back up to the major where I was last fall I will need to beat up teams by 6- 7 goals which will happen being that the team was dropped 3 divisions playing against teams we have beaten at halftime by 5 , 6 goals the previous fall. Here is the problem if you go by goal differential...you are not promoting sportsmanship. If I want my team back up to major I will need to run scores up..goal differential? What message does that send and what lessons am I teaching my players. This certainly needs to be revisited.

#462037 - 02/13/12 03:57 PM Re: LIJSL BU10 Fall 2011 - Spring 2012 [Re: Larry Miller]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry to see all the BS going on for this topic. I am proud to say my son plays on the U10 RR's and not only does he have a great time but he is learning to play real soccer (not kick and run) and making a lot of great friends.
Enjoy your watching your son play the game, it goes way too fast and there is really not enough time to spend taking shots at other clubs and acadamies.

Good luck and sorry your son didn't make it this year. Good luck next year...Yes there really are cuts (as I am sure you found out the hard way).

#462055 - 02/13/12 05:57 PM Re: LIJSL BU10 Fall 2011 - Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

This realignment or alignment needs to be looked at with a better understanding or system on how to relegate and promote teams at such a young age. This is what happened to my team. I carry 15 I sub in and out, each player gets their game 50/50 time, my focus is to develop not to win, although the boys want to win. I systematically sub doesn't matter what the score is , how much time is left etc. I believe this to be model coaching for LIJSL at this age. We lost a few close games one of which we played a man down on the field to accommodate the other team not having subs ( sportsmanship),if I would have kept my best players in I would have found success on those days and maybe I wouldn't be as perplexed as I am now but again its not about that.. here is what I do not understand.. LIJSL promotes by goal differential? I may be wrong but that is what I hear..so for me to get back up to the major where I was last fall I will need to beat up teams by 6- 7 goals which will happen being that the team was dropped 3 divisions playing against teams we have beaten at halftime by 5 , 6 goals the previous fall. Here is the problem if you go by goal differential...you are not promoting sportsmanship. If I want my team back up to major I will need to run scores up..goal differential? What message does that send and what lessons am I teaching my players. This certainly needs to be revisited.
Since you must be a new Coach at this age (you sound like one) you went off track when you start talking about running up scores. You will be doing a dis-service to your players if you take this road. They are 10 and 9 years old. They will get to the division they belong quickly. You mentioned sprotsmanship, and then blew up the concept. Being a good sport will serve the children well in life - nobody likes a jerk. Train them, let them play to their best abilities, and the rest will work itself out. They'll probably just have a sip of gatorade at the lower division, if they are what you think they are. Worrying excessively about division alignment is more about you - the kids just want to play. Good luck.

#462059 - 02/13/12 07:22 PM Re: LIJSL BU10 Fall 2011 - Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I thought this was a serious post until the part where you say sorry your kid didn't make the RR team. I don't have a dog in this fight. I am simply saying RR is good for getting a couple of medals and meeting new friends like Boy scouts or any other social activity. That's a good thing.

RR is a business they make money on you and your child. You get a nice uniform and ball and you get to brag they are on RR. But don't kid yourself about the training or the no cuts. If you know anything about the game and go to 3 sessions of any RR training you will see it's weak. That's all l am saying. Any team that has upwards of 18 players or over is not a team it's called a business. Learn the system. Just stating the truth and you don't like it because you think I am putting your kid down. It's great that he(she) is touching the ball more then a couple of times a week. But don't make it into this great training environment and worth every penny. That is where you are very confused. Anyone who knows or played this game sees through this.

They prey on the people who are clueless like yourself who just don't get it. That's why it's a successful business. In this economy more people should start making these fake academy clubs. They make money.

#462063 - 02/13/12 08:13 PM Re: LIJSL BU10 Fall 2011 - Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anyguy Offline
Back of THE NET

I thought this was a serious post until the part where you say sorry your kid didn't make the RR team. I don't have a dog in this fight. I am simply saying RR is good for getting a couple of medals and meeting new friends like Boy scouts or any other social activity. That's a good thing.

RR is a business they make money on you and your child. You get a nice uniform and ball and you get to brag they are on RR. But don't kid yourself about the training or the no cuts. If you know anything about the game and go to 3 sessions of any RR training you will see it's weak. That's all l am saying. Any team that has upwards of 18 players or over is not a team it's called a business. Learn the system. Just stating the truth and you don't like it because you think I am putting your kid down. It's great that he(she) is touching the ball more then a couple of times a week. But don't make it into this great training environment and worth every penny. That is where you are very confused. Anyone who knows or played this game sees through this.

They prey on the people who are clueless like yourself who just don't get it. That's why it's a successful business. In this economy more people should start making these fake academy clubs. They make money.

On and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on

#462065 - 02/13/12 08:18 PM Re: LIJSL BU10 Fall 2011 - Spring 2012 [Re: Anyguy]
Larry Miller Online   happy
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

Loc: Greenwich Village
What is the difference between the Rough Riders and every other training organization or trainer?

Nothing. They are all businesses.

#462118 - 02/14/12 11:17 AM Re: LIJSL BU10 Fall 2011 - Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

You have some valid points however you missed the main point do not promote by goal differential that encourages teams that have a win mentality to score as much as possible knowing it gets them to the top faster. That is all nothing about me..been involved in the game for sometime and believe in development of character in players. I believe the system to be flawed just an opinion.

#462140 - 02/14/12 12:59 PM Re: LIJSL BU10 Fall 2011 - Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anyguy Offline
Back of THE NET

You have some valid points however you missed the main point do not promote by goal differential that encourages teams that have a win mentality to score as much as possible knowing it gets them to the top faster. That is all nothing about me..been involved in the game for sometime and believe in development of character in players. I believe the system to be flawed just an opinion.

I'm no defender of the goal differential either, but thinking about it, the divisions are supposed to be evenly balanced so from that standpoint it makes sense. You shouldn't have too many blowouts and your good and bad days should even out. I can only speak for my kids' divisional play over the years and they have for the most part been evenly matched so it seems to be an ok system.

#462150 - 02/14/12 02:09 PM Re: LIJSL BU10 Fall 2011 - Spring 2012 [Re: Larry Miller]
Anonymous
Unregistered

[quote=Larry Miller]What is the difference between the Rough Riders and every other training organization or trainer?

Nothing. They are all businesses.

I agree...The question is are the children having fun, meeting new friends, learning respect for the game and learning some life lessons along the way? If the answer is yes, money well spent. If not, look somewhere else.

Let's face it these kids are not going pro anytime soon so they might as well have some fun and learn sportsmanship.

Page 15 of 60 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 59 60 >

Moderator:  Arielle, Larry Miller, ZiggyRowe 
Coastal Soccer
The Soccer Palace
Fall Tournaments
SC December Tournaments
Soccer Coliseum 5v5
Winter Classic
SUSA Winter Kickoff
Globall December
Winter Indoor
Kings Park Presidents