USYS Championship Scores & Standings

Have you registered for the East End Tournament yet? Don't miss out on the 20th Anniversary Long Island Soccer Summer Tradition ... Upcoming Summer Tournaments & Events: July 26, MAPS Caps Classic August 9, LIRR Kickoff Classic - West Islip SC Roar at The Shore - East End Tournament August 16, TWIST August 23, EMSC Summer August 30, Oceanside SC Labor Day - West Babylon SC ASA Labor Day......

Subscribe to BOTN
BOTN Electronic Alerts
Nobody Does It Better
NYCSL_NYPL_NPL_JSS

NYCSL & JSS Schedules, Scores & Standings
| NYCSL | NYPL | NPL |
NY (State) Cup | JSS |
New York Stars
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Spring '14 Scores & Standings
Long Island Cup
Spring '14 Sportsmanship Standings
Fall '14 Schedule
Spring '15 Schedule
Region 1 League Scores
Premier League
NERP
Colonial League
2013-2014 ENY (State) Cup
Challenge Cup U10-U12
Challenge Cup U13-U19
Open Cup
New Jersey Leagues
Northern Counties | CJYSA | JAGS | Morris County | Metro | Jersey Coast | Monmouth Ocean | Mid-Jersey | South Jersey | South Jersey Girls |
ECNL
ECNL Standings
EDP Spring 2014
Brackets, Schedules & Scores
NSCAA HS & College Rankings
USSF Academies
USSF Academy Schedules
US Soccer
Coaching Drills
Girls NPL Listing
Aztec Soccer | Brentwood | ISA | Massapequa | Massachusetts Premier | STA | NEFC | NJ Crush | NJSA04 | NY Rush | NR Sting | Oakwood | Parsippany SC | Seacoast Utd. | Yankee Utd. |
Latest Tryout Posts
GOALKEEPER WANTED - Girls U-14 East Islip United ACADEMY
by GK GU14
Today at 09:10 AM
GU17 East Islip Wildats Open Practices
by wildcats97
Yesterday at 10:18 AM
Region 1 Northeast League Girls U-18 (Born after 08/01/1996)
by js4kix
07/20/14 10:35 PM
Newest Members
Ces1ne, barca123, GK GU14, NJ Youth Soccer, Drewsuf Rathbun
13241 Registered Users
Google Translate
BOTN Photo Gallery
Me and Julio Down By The School Yard
Page 8 of 12 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >
New Reply
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#461554 - 02/08/12 10:30 AM Re: LIJSL Fall Sportsmanship Standings [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

To be honest after being around the game now for 20 years I have rarely if ever seen an 8-0 blowout! But's let's take your point further. That means that if the defense losing the game starts commiting tactical fouls in the penalty area that you would not call it? Players are not dumb. When they see that you are not calling fouls because it is a "blowout" the game can only get rougher. Then when the star player on the winning team gets hurt because you weren't calling fouls and everyone there knows this what will you do? We're not talking about trifling violations, we're talking about fouls. If you don't call fouls you will lose control of a game, especially in a blowout where players are frustrated, embarassed and are going to do something desperate and reckless that can result in an injury. Especially if they believe that you willl not call it. Having an injury to ANY player in this situation would be wrong.

Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Click Here!

#461571 - 02/08/12 12:50 PM Re: LIJSL Fall Sportsmanship Standings [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

The best job a ref can do is not be noticed. When walking off the field the conversation should be about the play on the field and not the calls that the ref made or did not make.

#461598 - 02/08/12 04:15 PM Re: LIJSL Fall Sportsmanship Standings [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

That is absolute nonsense. If a player gets taken down at the edge of the 18 with a minute left, no matter what the ref does he/she will be the story. Tough calls are part of every game in every sport. The best job a ref can do is get the call correct, no matter what the circumstances.

#461603 - 02/08/12 05:18 PM Re: LIJSL Fall Sportsmanship Standings [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have been around for a while and there is no rhyme or reason to these results. There is on consistency on the refs part, some just rubber stamp and others follow the guidelines. Nonetheless, sportsmanship is important, but we get mixed up about what is good sportsmanship. I believe its kids/teams/parents that are competitive, respectful, fair, and act humbly and with dignity whether winning or losing. This goes for the parents and coaches also.

#461665 - 02/09/12 11:44 AM Re: LIJSL Fall Sportsmanship Standings [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Anonymous
To be honest after being around the game now for 20 years I have rarely if ever seen an 8-0 blowout! But's let's take your point further. That means that if the defense losing the game starts commiting tactical fouls in the penalty area that you would not call it? Players are not dumb. When they see that you are not calling fouls because it is a "blowout" the game can only get rougher. Then when the star player on the winning team gets hurt because you weren't calling fouls and everyone there knows this what will you do? We're not talking about trifling violations, we're talking about fouls. If you don't call fouls you will lose control of a game, especially in a blowout where players are frustrated, embarassed and are going to do something desperate and reckless that can result in an injury. Especially if they believe that you willl not call it. Having an injury to ANY player in this situation would be wrong.
No i'm not saying I wouldn't call deliberate fouls, when a child's safety is at risk, it will be dealt with! But if a little bump occurs, a little push, a hand ball...no it won't be called. Keep a closer eye on your games and you will see that!

#461666 - 02/09/12 11:51 AM Re: LIJSL Fall Sportsmanship Standings [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have been around for a while and there is no rhyme or reason to these results. There is on consistency on the refs part, some just rubber stamp and others follow the guidelines. Nonetheless, sportsmanship is important, but we get mixed up about what is good sportsmanship. I believe its kids/teams/parents that are competitive, respectful, fair, and act humbly and with dignity whether winning or losing. This goes for the parents and coaches also.
If you want your child to be about sportsmanship, keep him/her in a box! Because once they start sports, 80% of them lose their sportsmanship! If it ain't the coach who yells at the officials, these kids see and hear it, so they think they can to! It's mommy or daddy on the sideline yelling at the officials, and at the game when they talk about how bad the officials were, do you really think they don't store that in the back of there minds? What about the parents who tell there kids what to do, shoot the ball, thats right your up by 5 goals and mommy says shoot the ball...The kids now a days watch the pro's, if it ain't the signing of the cross, it's the stuff they wear. Now it's T'bowing....Trash talking...It's crazy what I see and hear. But it's today society, once you make a winner and loser, parents lose their minds! And the kids see it!

#465850 - 03/19/12 02:50 PM Re: LIJSL Fall Sportsmanship Standings [Re: Larry Miller]
Anonymous
Unregistered

In a further act of lunacy and cheapness, LIJSL no longer gives out the silver or bronze chevrons? When the kids found out they were not getting patches to put on their uniform sleeves, I heard one boy say to several teamates...screw this award. I spoke to them & told them that is not what the award is about, but how you conduct yourself as a player that counts. When I dropped my son off & went back out alone in my car, I said to myself...screw this award. Nicely done LIJSL - it's all about the kids, right??? Nice message to send to kids. Cheap bas$%&#@!!

#466653 - 03/26/12 08:48 AM Re: LIJSL Fall Sportsmanship Standings [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

1st week of sportsmanship points going up. It's a joke. My team finished second last season in sportsmanship points. Same team, same parents, 1st game both team receive 35 points each. Both teams had players dressed all the same, no cards awarded, no questioning of calls by either side, both sets of parents behaved. Only proves the point that it is a BS system. How coincidental that both teams had 10 points deducted.

#466874 - 03/27/12 01:02 PM Re: LIJSL Fall Sportsmanship Standings [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

In a further act of lunacy and cheapness, LIJSL no longer gives out the silver or bronze chevrons? When the kids found out they were not getting patches to put on their uniform sleeves, I heard one boy say to several teamates...screw this award. I spoke to them & told them that is not what the award is about, but how you conduct yourself as a player that counts. When I dropped my son off & went back out alone in my car, I said to myself...screw this award. Nicely done LIJSL - it's all about the kids, right??? Nice message to send to kids. Cheap bas$%&#@!!
Keep up the good work asshole!

#466943 - 03/27/12 08:21 PM Re: LIJSL Fall Sportsmanship Standings [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

It is outrageous and inappropriate to use such language and venom towards any one or organization. You have no right to address the topic of sportsmanship if you can't conduct yourself appropriately! Why not try presenting a valid argument? Is that too much to ask from adults?

#466962 - 03/27/12 09:50 PM Re: LIJSL Fall Sportsmanship Standings [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

1st week of sportsmanship points going up. It's a joke. My team finished second last season in sportsmanship points. Same team, same parents, 1st game both team receive 35 points each. Both teams had players dressed all the same, no cards awarded, no questioning of calls by either side, both sets of parents behaved. Only proves the point that it is a BS system. How coincidental that both teams had 10 points deducted.

Well I can't say I know what happened there but if either roster form was not filled out correctly or hard to read that is a 5 point deduction right there. It says it right on the form. Where the other 5 points came from we'll never know. You did say that both teams were equal in your opinion and you did get the same score. Also it's hard for you to know if the parents made no remarks since they are on the other side of the field, out of your earshot! Regardless, that is a good score!

#466992 - 03/28/12 07:46 AM Re: LIJSL Fall Sportsmanship Standings [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well I can't say I know what happened there but if either roster form was not filled out correctly or hard to read that is a 5 point deduction right there. It says it right on the form. Where the other 5 points came from we'll never know. You did say that both teams were equal in your opinion and you did get the same score. Also it's hard for you to know if the parents made no remarks since they are on the other side of the field, out of your earshot! Regardless, that is a good score!

My point is that both teams lost 10 points. Had the other team had 43 and we had 35 then yes I would have wondered where those points came from but it would make more sense. To me it seems like the referee arbitrarily just wrote down numbers.

#467002 - 03/28/12 09:19 AM Re: LIJSL Fall Sportsmanship Standings [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I still don't get your point and it lacks logic. If you say that both teams conducted themselves equally, why would you bring up "had the other team had 43". Your argument is based on a dissatisfaction with your score. You fail to mention if the roster form was filled out properly and legible. I know that some are totally illegible and being finished while the team is lining up to be checked. While you may think the referee was "arbitrary" the system is what it is. Apparently the referee did a fair job of calling the game otherwise I suspect you would be commenting on that also. The scoring system was modified to increase transparency so the whining will be weekly now instead of after the season. Everyone misses the main point though. You don't need a patch on your shoulder to have honor. If you play and conduct yourselves in a sporting manner then you should be proud and continue to encourage your team to beahve accordingly. Not getting a patch or award should not change any behavior.

#467013 - 03/28/12 10:19 AM Re: LIJSL Fall Sportsmanship Standings [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I still don't get your point and it lacks logic. If you say that both teams conducted themselves equally, why would you bring up "had the other team had 43". Your argument is based on a dissatisfaction with your score. You fail to mention if the roster form was filled out properly and legible. I know that some are totally illegible and being finished while the team is lining up to be checked. While you may think the referee was "arbitrary" the system is what it is. Apparently the referee did a fair job of calling the game otherwise I suspect you would be commenting on that also. The scoring system was modified to increase transparency so the whining will be weekly now instead of after the season. Everyone misses the main point though. You don't need a patch on your shoulder to have honor. If you play and conduct yourselves in a sporting manner then you should be proud and continue to encourage your team to beahve accordingly. Not getting a patch or award should not change any behavior.

I print out my form every week from a pdf that has all the information in it. There is no writing at all. My point is that the sportmanship rating system is useless. What one ref will put down as a 35 another could put down as a 44. It is totally up the the OPINION of the referee. Some feel no-one deserves full credit, others write down perfect scores unless there is a card. As far as referees go, the one we had did a great job as well as the AR's.

My team always displays sportsmanship. In our 8th season now where have never received a red card and only 1 yellow by my asst coach which was the right call. We have constantly played down players when the other team doesn't have enough. I instruct my players to kick the ball out when an opposing player is injured. I instruct them to let the other team win the drop ball if their player was injured. I don't yell and scream or question a referee during the game on calls I don't agree with. I fill out the referee evaluation forms every week.

My point is again, the system is flawed and should be done away with.

#467054 - 03/28/12 02:59 PM Re: LIJSL Fall Sportsmanship Standings [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree the system is flawed. They should teach the referee's how to fill out the form properly or get ride of it. This may help with more consistent scores. We had a very friendly game this past weekend. At the end of the match the ref said it was a good, friendly match and then he trashed our scores. Think we received a 24 and the other team a 32. What a joke.

Page 8 of 12 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >
Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  Arielle, Larry Miller, ZiggyRowe 
Tournaments

Summer Tournaments
MAPS Caps Classic
Oceanside SC Labor Day
East End Tournament
TWIST
W.I. Roar at The Shore
LIRR Kickoff Classic
EMSC Summer
WBSC ASA Labor Day
Summer Camps & Leagues
Rough Riders
East Islip SC
Coastal Camps
NYSC Camps
NYSC Core Training
NY Rush
Coastal Summer League
PSA Development Pgm.
House of Sports
EDP College Prep Camp
USAS Summer Camps
PSA & USAS Camp
Hofstra University
Superdome World Class
SUSA Summer
Adult Men's League
KK Athletics
NY Stars
BOCA Juniors
Fall & Columbus Weekend
MAPS Fall Challenge
East Islip Fall Classic
Northport SC
Parsippany Pride
RVSC College Showcase
Sponsors

LI Rough Riders
Training Program
Soccer Camps
Jr. Rough Riders
Rough Riders Select
Men's & Women's Tickets
Globall Sports Centers
Soccer Leagues
Soccer Tournaments
Training Clinics
Birthday Parties
Field Rentals
SUSA Bubble Lindenhurst
Youth Leagues
Tournaments
Adult Leagues
Training & Academy Programs
Field Rentals
Summer League
Soccer Coliseum
Tournaments
Training
Youth Leagues
Adult Leagues
Premier Soccer Academy
Tournaments
Youth Academy ID Camps
Camps
Coaching Services
Kickiní Kiddie Program
Who's Online
10 registered (Larry Miller, Skimat, barca123, ZiggyRowe, Just a Dad, Dave Birnbaum, CJ Orlando, msilverstein47, Maritza*M, DHVillain), 768 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Boys NPL Listing
Brentwood | Bklyn Italians | Everton Amer. | Eastern FC | East Meadow SC | Massapequa | STA Soccer | NY Elite | HOTA | Parsippany SC | Princeton SC | Soccer Plus Acad. |

Click Here!

Copyright (c) Back of THE NET 1993 - 2014