Division 1
Division 2
Division 3
2014-2015 ENY (State) Cup
Challenge Cup U10-U12
Challenge Cup U13-U19
Open Cup
New Jersey Leagues
Northern Counties | CJYSA | JAGS | Morris County | Metro | Jersey Coast | Monmouth Ocean | Mid-Jersey | South Jersey | South Jersey Girls |
ECNL
ECNL Standings
EDP Fall 2014
Brackets
Schedules
NSCAA HS & College Rankings
USSF Academies
USSF Academy Schedules
US Soccer
Coaching Drills
Girls NPL Listing
Aztec Soccer | Brentwood | ISA | Massapequa | Massachusetts Premier | STA | NEFC | NJ Crush | NJSA04 | NY Rush | NR Sting | Oakwood | Parsippany SC | Seacoast Utd. | Yankee Utd. |
Latest Tryout Posts
Goalkeepers wanted
by TNT Soccer
09/22/14 11:55 AM
BU12 OVER ACHIEVERS WANTED!!!!
by Coach Hubbard
09/22/14 08:51 AM
U13 Girls Hota Cyclones looking for 2-3 high level comitted players
by zarla01
09/21/14 01:32 PM
Newest Members
Keaveney5, threesoccer kids, rireonfire, Union1983, joumana
13297 Registered Users
BOTN Photo Gallery
Hubie Hamburgers
Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 ... 45 46 >
New Reply
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#452752 - 11/08/11 04:56 PM The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit
Larry Miller Online   happy
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

Loc: Greenwich Village
The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit: A Bad Start For Sela Sport

Reported by Footblog

For the past year, the New York Cosmos have been the loudest and proudest name in American soccer. Yet they cowered in stunned silence as the events of last month unfolded, allowing wild speculation by both professional and social media outlets to redefine their resurrected brand. As a more disciplined writer might say, they went from heroes to zeros.

In the wake of the latest news about the Cosmos, namely a lawsuit filed by Blau-Weiss Gottschee, it would be easy to jump on the bandwagon and declare them the Carlos Tevez of soccer clubs. But, as is often the case, things aren’t always what they seem. They may be down, but they are definitely not out. And while I wanted to wait until later this week, for reasons which will become apparent as you read on, I felt compelled to post this story now, in hopes of offering some clarity to the murky waters that threaten to engulf the Cosmos.

But before I get into the heart of the aforementioned lawsuit, let’s begin with a quick recap. Because unless you have been following the saga here on Total Footblog, you may not know the full story.

Ugly October
October 2011 was not a good month for the New York Cosmos. It began with rumors about the departure of their Chairman & CEO. That was followed by nearly a month of silence. Which wouldn’t have been so bad, if it weren’t for social networking.

The Cosmos had established an aggressive presence on Facebook and Twitter. And failing to adequately address these rumors turned their social media platforms into a magnet for virulent attacks, wild speculation, and questions from fans left ignored. Things got ugly.

Knowing the Cosmos communications team, I can only assume that their management – new and/or old – have kept them silent throughout this whole debacle. But in the digital age, it seems one can no longer “put a lid on things.” In the wake of the public speculation about the club’s fate, it looked as if much of the goodwill the Cosmos had built with fans over the past year went up in flames thanks to unaddressed media reports followed by a few weeks of social network silence.

Then came the anticipated announcement, on Oct. 26, 2011, confirming that the Cosmos Chairman & CEO had indeed departed, along with one other board member. Still no verification about a buyout from Sela Sport, which apparently had been leaked to Jack Bell at The New York Times – just as the original story had been a month earlier – and perhaps others.

A week later came a second announcement. This time it was about additional departures from the Cosmos management team, including another board member, the executive director, and the chief marketing officer. Yet still no word on Sela Sport, or who actually controlled the club. The news was dire, and details were scarce. But compared to the information vacuum of October, the fact that the Cosmos appeared to be breathing again came as welcome news to some fans. Things could only get better, right?

Nasty November?
Last night, Nov. 7, 2011, I had the privilege of attending a meeting between the management of BW Gottschee and the parents of kids in the Cosmos Academy. Held at the local Inter Milan Club in Queens, New York, the meeting was run by Gottschee’s Youth Academy Director of Coaching Paul McGlynn. The Cosmos Academy Director Giovanni Savarese was there representing the Cosmos and actively participated in the meeting.

In addition to Cosmos Academy parents, representatives of the Borough Boys – the New York Cosmos Supporters Club – also attended the meeting. As did myself and Cesar Diaz, another journalist who has been closely covering the Cosmos.

The Cosmos Academy Deal
On July 21, 2010, the New York Cosmos signed a five-year deal with Gottschee, which was arguably the city’s top pay-for-play youth soccer program. Through this sponsorship deal, the Cosmos would provide funding to brand and enhance Gottschee’s elite youth soccer academy, which had become part of the US Soccer Development Academy program. As such, it was free to the kids who were talented enough to make the teams and featured a top-level coaching staff. Gottschee continued to run a more traditional pay-for-play pre-academy program for younger kids and those not yet ready to compete at the academy level, which was now known as BWG Cosmos (more information on the Cosmos Academy and the US Development Academy program can be found in this earlier story).

For their end of the deal, the Cosmos agreed to pay $500,000 annually, half on the first of August and the balance on the first of January, an obligation they met without incident during the first year. This did not necessarily include all out-of-pocket expenses, and the contract stipulated that the Cosmos would pay for “additional amounts as budgeted and agreed to by both parties,” with a plan and budget being presented well in advance of the start of each season.

The start of the new season, Aug. 1, 2011, came and went without any payment from the Cosmos. Following a phone conversation that day in which the Cosmos promised to pay, and then an email on Aug. 30 which also promised full payment, Gottschee received a check on Aug. 31, 2011 for $24,056.67 – less than 10 percent of the amount owed. Strapped for cash, Gottschee reluctantly accepted the payment and notified the Cosmos – in writing – that they were in breach of contract.

The Cosmos explained that they were undergoing a protracted buyout and continued to reassure Gottschee that they would fulfill their financial obligation to the program – and the kids. After another email on Sept. 8 promised the balance of the funds, a second check for $25,000 was issued on Sept. 26, 2011, along with additional promises that the rest would come shortly.

Under terms of the contract, the Cosmos still owe Gottschee $210,000 and change. The $200,000 is what remains on the Aug. 1, 2011 payment, minus the $50,000 paid so far. Another $10,000 is owed as the result of approved expenditures undertaken by Gottschee on behalf of the Cosmos Academy. This payment was for the use of an indoor training facility last winter, and – according to Gottschee – the Cosmos agreed to reimburse them for it.

To keep the Cosmos Academy afloat, Gottschee has had to tap its financial reserves, which the non-profit has slowly amassed over its 60-year history. However, as of Oct. 1, 2011, it could no longer afford to pay the coaches in the Cosmos Academy. And despite more promises from the Cosmos on Oct. 18 and Nov. 1, the balance due remains unpaid. So on Nov. 3, 2011, Gottschee felt obligated to file suit against the New York Cosmos (for breach of contract) to protect itself, the program, and the kids.

Despite this legal action, there doesn’t appear to be any bad blood between the two sides. In fact, as I mentioned, Savarese, representing the Cosmos, sat side-by-side with Gottschee’s McGlynn as they met with Academy parents on Nov. 7. Savarese even read a statement from the Cosmos, which said that they regretted the situation and are meeting with Sela Sport – who have finally been confirmed as the club’s new owners – in London on Wednesday, Nov. 9, 2011 to sort things out.

The parents of the kids in the Cosmos Academy were very understanding. McGlynn explained that if the situation isn’t resolved, the academy might have to revert to a pay-for-play program. Gottschee can no longer sustain it without the funds owed by the Cosmos. The fear now is that they will lose coaches – who have stopped getting paid – as well as players – who might opt to jump ship to other local youth soccer programs that follow the US Development Academy model.

The Danger of Defections
In fact, this is how this story first came to my attention. On Thursday, Nov. 3, 2011, I heard about a kid who showed up to a Manhattan Soccer Club practice. He said that the Cosmos were reducing their rosters, so he wanted to tryout for another team. Two days later, I received another report of a kid trying out at Downtown United Soccer Club for the same reason.

Perhaps it was the same kid making the rounds, so I didn’t put too much stock in it. However, I did check with parents I know in both BWG Cosmos and the Cosmos Academy, and – at the time – none of them had heard about any roster reductions.

Then I learned about the lawsuit and the meeting scheduled with Cosmos Academy parents. Incidentally, McGlynn and the folks at Gottschee have demonstrated why they have always been a first-rate organization. A clear communication was issued to parents informing them of the issue:

“As you are all probably aware, since just over a year ago our club, BW Gottschee, has had a sponsorship agreement with the New York Cosmos (‘NY Cosmos’). In it, the NY Cosmos provide a certain level of funding in exchange for naming rights to call our Academy teams ‘New York Cosmos Academy.’ Additionally, the organizations agreed to work together to try and create a soccer program that would potentially facilitate the establishment of a professional team in the metropolitan area.

The agreement is based on yearly funding which was paid in full last year. This year, due to an internal reorganization at the NY Cosmos, funding has been limited and full payment is still pending and as a result has put an un-foreseen burden on the club and raised the possibility that we will have to revert to operational methods that existed prior to the Gottschee-Cosmos agreement. The NY Cosmos have indicated that the funding is due to come through within days and it is our sincere hope that it will; however, we felt it necessary to inform you all of the situation in the event we have to transition back to a ‘pay to play’ scenario. We will share further information as soon as it comes available.”

On top of that, McGlynn and the Gottschee staff chose to meet with the parents of each age group to explain the situation in person, allow Savarese to share the Cosmos perspective, and answer any questions they could. It’s a shame the Cosmos organization hasn’t been nearly as forthcoming through all of this.

The Heart of the Problem
Having a soft spot for the Cosmos, and hoping to see a Major League Soccer (MLS) franchise playing in New York City some day, I’d like to be able to say that “what we’ve got here is a failure to communicate.” According to the Cosmos, the new owners – Sela Sport – definitely have the money. And they verbally committed to them that they want to retain the academy program. In other words, they can pay, they said they will pay, but they haven’t got around to paying yet.

In fairness, the Sela Sport acquisition dragged on much longer than anticipated, and wasn’t actually finalized until Monday, Oct. 31, 2011. According to the Cosmos, Terry Byrne will be travelling to London to meet with representatives of Sela Sport this week and the money for the Cosmos Academy is at the top of his list.

However, it is troubling that, after such a protracted acquisition, Sela Sport apparently remains unaware of or indifferent to this financial obligation to Gottschee and the Cosmos Academy. When reviewing the books for the buyout, it is hard to believe that Seal Sport somehow overlooked a five-year contract or an item on the expense sheet for $500,000 annually. How could they have not anticipated this and planned for it?

Equally troubling was the news from the Cosmos that Terry Byrne is only the interim head of the New York Cosmos. Part of the problem is that Sela Sport apparently has yet to name someone to run the club now that they have cleaned house. Yet they’ve had plenty of time to think about a suitable replacement while negotiations for the buyout dragged on.

Though already an unpleasent hallmark of the revived Cosmos organization, this lack of preparation and attention to detail is very troubling for those who hope to see the club ultimately succeed as an MLS franchise. And an apparent reluctance to communicate with key constituents – again, another unfortunate hallmark of the new Cosmos – remains equally frustrating for fans and semi-coherent journalists alike.

The Light at the End of the Tunnel
As I had reported earlier, the good news for Cosmos fans – and the kids in the Cosmos Academy – is that it would be foolish of Sela Sport to increase their investment in the club if they did not fully intend to pursue an MLS franchise with renewed commitment and deep pockets. No one buys a sinking ship. And if the Cosmos were indeed going under, surely Sela Sport would have let Kemsley and his crew go down with the ship.

Of course you don’t acquire a company and ignore its contracts, either. Nor do you clean house without having a replacement waiting in the wings, ready to take the helm. So far, in their relatively brief tenure as owners of the New York Cosmos, Sela Sport haven’t exactly acted rationally.

According to the Cosmos, Sela Sport have committed to continuing the Cosmos Academy. But then the Cosmos have also been saying that it’s been business as usual for the past month. And they have been promising Gottschee that the check is in the mail for the past three months.

Is this simply a case of bad timing? Have the Cosmos finances been frozen during this buyout deal, making it impossible to cut a check for the Cosmos Academy sponsorship payment until now?

One theory, which I suggested in an earlier story, is that Sela Sport may be holding off on any announcements concerning staffing (and perhaps, although unwisely, on cutting any checks as well) because they are trying to broker a merger with other local bidders for a New York City-based MLS franchise. Presumably part of that deal would be putting one of these other executives in charge of the Cosmos brand, offering MLS and the City a fresh face, new approach, and deeper pockets in an effort to secure a stadium and franchise.

My hope is that we’ll find out shortly. Byrne is meeting with Sela Sport tomorrow, Nov. 9, 2011, with the intent of sorting it all out. But whether or not that will result in payment remains to be seen. And while the Cosmos seem to have adopted a “mum’s the word” approach to all of this, fortunately Gottschee has demonstrated a willingness to keep their constituents informed, and we will do our best to keep you up-to-date as well.

The good news is that the Cosmos have confirmed that representatives of Sela Sport have already met with MLS Commissioner Don Garber. That’s certainly a step in the right direction, though meeting with the fans of the Cosmos would work wonders as well. Not to mention paying their bills.

Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Click Here!

#452777 - 11/08/11 09:40 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Larry Miller]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sela meets with Garber but not BWG. [****]
They owe 210,000 pay your f.ing obligations and don't play around with kids as pawns just to get your MLS team. The bad publicity they will get will not be worth the 210kp

#452796 - 11/09/11 07:29 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

Originally Posted By: Anonymous
Sela meets with Garber but not BWG. [****]
They owe 210,000 pay your f.ing obligations and don't play around with kids as pawns just to get your MLS team. The bad publicity they will get will not be worth the 210kp

I do not think their actions vis-a-vis BW will have any negative impact publicity wise on Sela. They may piss off some parents and the club, but in the big picture it will not have a negative effect UNLESS Gotschee knows how to, and has the balls to deal with this issue, and I don't think they have the necessary tools do the job.

That said, I can clearly see how they could create some serious havoc. I know what I would do cool

I also think that BW has not started off on the right foot with Sela serving them with papers, although they probably didn't have a choice. Catch-22 anyone?

#452798 - 11/09/11 07:54 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Larry Miller]
Anonymous
Unregistered

What would you do? Obviously this is David vs Goliath and it would be nice for once to see the victim come out on top.

#452799 - 11/09/11 08:04 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Larry Miller]
Anonymous
Unregistered

The fact that they are screwing around with a 200K payment that is already 3 months late doesn't bode well for their MLS aspirations.

If they really can afford the reported $100,000,000 MLS entry fee and another few hundred million to build a stadium, the 200K they owe to Gotschee should be pocket change, and should have been paid as soon as the transfer of ownership of the Cosmos was completed.

#452800 - 11/09/11 08:13 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

The fact that they are screwing around with a 200K payment that is already 3 months late doesn't bode well for their MLS aspirations.

If they really can afford the reported $100,000,000 MLS entry fee and another few hundred million to build a stadium, the 200K they owe to Gotschee should be pocket change, and should have been paid as soon as the transfer of ownership of the Cosmos was completed.

The issue with BWG will have no effect on their dealings with the MLS. As far as their building a stadium, where do you see them building one? The target area is Queens.

#452817 - 11/09/11 10:08 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Larry Miller]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Most likely in the Flushing Meadows area - next to Citifield or in that vicinity. Or maybe College Point area. My bet near Citifield - good accessibility all around.

#452818 - 11/09/11 10:13 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

Most likely in the Flushing Meadows area - next to Citifield or in that vicinity. Or maybe College Point area. My bet near Citifield - good accessibility all around.

You are on the right path, however it would have to be on the other side of the Van Wyck, but I believe that open space is controlled by LaGuardia airport and a building depending on height may violate air space...but you are correct, it would have there or nowhere else in Queens.

#452819 - 11/09/11 10:30 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Larry Miller]
Anonymous
Unregistered

There is an eight hour time difference. I tried to call them and was not able to leave message.

FYI there # is: 011-966-2-662-6288
Their CEO is Ahmed Al Mohtaseb.

Call them and find out what the delay is.
Message in Arab and English

#452835 - 11/09/11 01:46 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know who Savarese and Byrne are, I also looked up Sela but who is McGlynn ? Is the attorney for BWG

#452838 - 11/09/11 01:59 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

BWG youth director. Good person. Hope this works out for them.

#452861 - 11/09/11 05:39 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mcglynn is that super good looking guy.'
You would know him if you see him

#452913 - 11/09/11 10:23 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

According to an email, players will be required to pay fees for coach’s expenses and training facilities. The amount is expected to be in the range of $1,700, which would be payable in two installments.

According to the email, players will also be responsible to pay for all travel expenses and training facilities associated with the Academy. That includes trips to league games, showcase, and other events. That could range from $2,000 to $2,500, according to the email.

#452918 - 11/09/11 10:44 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mcglynn has no soccer experience at all coaching or playing. The Cosmos would have to be NUTS to give this guy $500,000.00 a year! I would love to know how much of that money ends up in his pocket and how much goes to the kids. Gottchee does not have the same reputation it did 10 years ago. They are the same as every other club now just more expensive

#452924 - 11/09/11 11:13 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

You have no idea what you are talking about. The money is for the kids to be free. You are way off topic. For the record he was a fine player and excellent coach and assists all the youth coaches at the club. The kids are the victims here and hopefully the cosmos will right their wrong. Why not focus your dribble on Mr Saverse and the Big shots in Saudi Arabia?

#452931 - 11/09/11 11:47 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mcglynn has no soccer experience at all coaching or playing. The Cosmos would have to be NUTS to give this guy $500,000.00 a year! I would love to know how much of that money ends up in his pocket and how much goes to the kids. Gottchee does not have the same reputation it did 10 years ago. They are the same as every other club now just more expensive

List the travel clubs (EDP or premier) that are less. Interesting minds would like to know.

#452939 - 11/10/11 06:08 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mcglynn happens to coach on of the best U13 teams in the country and the have already given them 500,000 once and they are still there.

Can you name a club with Gottschees reputation that is cheaper than they are?

#452972 - 11/10/11 09:21 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Why do you think the Cosmos went to the BWG first.
Best reputation around for last 60 yrs

#452978 - 11/10/11 09:35 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

The fees at Albertson, FCW and MSC are certainly higher. And I know that for a fact.

#452980 - 11/10/11 10:01 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Or only one not smart enough to run when this deal was brought to them originally.

#453016 - 11/10/11 01:26 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Or only one not smart enough to run when this deal was brought to them originally.

Good Point, who would be dumb enough to want a corporate sponsored team reducing player fees when you can stick with the pay to play mentalitiy of Alby etc. There was no benefit already received in prior years, dumb dumb dumb. Worst case they have to pay what they would have anyway with no Cosmos

#453022 - 11/10/11 01:58 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

The man who signed Pele and built the New York Cosmos into the power they became in the North American Soccer League has called the organization trying to revive the former club “a total disgrace.”

Former Cosmos president Clive Toye said “the so called re-birth has been a farce from the start.”

The Cosmos, who are trying to become the 20th team in Major League Soccer as an expansion team, is being sued by Blau Weis Gottschee, a storied soccer club in Queens, for non-payment of around $210,000, which was due in August. In 2010, Gottschee agreed to become the U.S. Soccer Development Academy team for the Cosmos.

Toye said that Peppe Pinton, who had owned the rights to the Cosmos’ name had several opportunities to sell the Cosmos’ rights “to people who would have done the right things.”

“I tried twice to get it out of his hands and others were interested, too,” Toye said via email on Thursday morning. “Instead, the Cosmos ended up in the hands of people who had no idea whatsoever what the Cosmos had meant or what the Cosmos could become. A total disgrace.”

Paul Kemsley, one of the individuals who revived the Cosmos, recently resigned as chairman and CEO of the organization. He sold his shares in the company to Sela Sport of Saudi Arabia, which is the new Cosmos owners.

Neither the Cosmos or Sela Sport have made any comments about the suit or when payment will be made.

#453084 - 11/10/11 09:21 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mcglynn happens to coach on of the best U13 teams in the country and the have already given them 500,000 once and they are still there.

Can you name a club with Gottschees reputation that is cheaper than they are?

Yes, the Redbulls beat the u13 Gottschee 8-0 and Redbulls are FREE! Mcglynn's only coaching experience little kids

#453098 - 11/10/11 10:30 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Grow up you ignorant human being. Come watch these two teams play in a few weeks. You will learn something. Soccer is about kids and it seems some positive news came from Don Garber about the Cosmos today

#453102 - 11/10/11 10:59 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Would love to see the Cosmos and Red Bulls compete in the MLS. It would give soccer a huge boost in NY. Hope these guys turn out to be real.

#453104 - 11/10/11 11:09 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

where have you heard that Red Bull beat the u-13 cosmos 8-0? that is completely not true. the teams play each other in their first league game in December. The league standings are published on the us soccer site for the northeast pre-academy. Why make up a story like that that isn't true? You are talking about youth soccer and kids. Have you nothing better to do than make up lies?

#453108 - 11/10/11 11:35 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Gottschee are a good club but they are about winning and not about the kids. It's their reputation that counts. Their player turnover is big. They brought a coach in from red bulls this summer along with 7/8 kids and dropped 6/7 of their best u15s from last year. Their reserve team beat them 2-0 a month ago.maybe they should develop the kids they have!!!!!

#453118 - 11/11/11 07:45 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I thought this was about the Cosmos and their obligations? FYI as a parent of a Pre academy kid Paul asked the coaches to work for free until March. They have agreed. Don't tell me it's not about the kids.

#453152 - 11/11/11 11:16 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Paul McGlynn was a talented soccer player ,I played against him many times, Now my son plays against his talented Cosmos Team and they are well coached.

#453161 - 11/11/11 11:49 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

Paul McGlynn was a talented soccer player ,I played against him many times, Now my son plays against his talented Cosmos Team and they are well coached.

I never heard of him.

#453167 - 11/11/11 12:28 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Larry Miller]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good lets keep it that way and focus on the Cosmos not living up tp their end of the bargain.

#453184 - 11/11/11 01:55 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Larry Miller]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Has Larry Miller ever played. Never heard of him.

#453189 - 11/11/11 02:04 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

No I haven't. I was busy building a career, programming radio stations, and making money.

If you're bored...Google me!!

#453193 - 11/11/11 02:14 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Larry Miller]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah nothing to do with soccer

#453194 - 11/11/11 02:22 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

Yeah nothing to do with soccer

Correct.

#453208 - 11/11/11 04:21 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Larry Miller]
Anonymous
Unregistered

is that you at larrymiller.info?

#453212 - 11/11/11 04:52 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

is that you at larrymiller.info?

No.

#453226 - 11/11/11 07:03 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Did you both play professional or was this in your backyard ? The Cosmos should take a good look at who they are giving their money to. Is your son not good enough to play for the Cosmos or is Mcglynn not good enough to coach your son ?

#453235 - 11/11/11 08:24 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Your a Dick. Negative asshole.

#453239 - 11/11/11 09:49 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

No we had a 2v1 with your Wife when you were at work. Back to the Cosmos, did they pay the money?

#453262 - 11/12/11 09:38 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

If the COSMOS have not paid the money yet, they never will.
Look for exodus of some players once dust settles. Too bad.

There needs to be more free academies in the NY/QUEENS/LI area

#453275 - 11/12/11 12:49 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

"If the COSMOS have not paid the money yet, they never will.
Look for exodus of some players once dust settles. Too bad"

So let me understand this. The boys who left Red Bulls U15 from last years team went to Cosmos just to follow the ol mighty Caesar....they push aside the the curent players they had. Now when the new players find out they have to pay may leave to another new team. So sad if this happens. First of all it teaches one a lesson not to follow a coach! The players and family will get what they deserve. The grass aint always greener on the other side. One has to say maybe the local club teams are not so bad. Hire a good trainer, have a good time,deal with some local politics, go to good showcases, and then go to college.

Academy is all POLITICS and BS. All Academy teams need to be run from FIFA or US soccer. Having these indivual teams run by people with agendas will not work. The team players moving around to much, with no team stability or chemistry, and poor training.

#453291 - 11/12/11 05:19 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

So let me understand this. The boys who left Red Bulls U15 from last years team went to Cosmos just to follow the ol mighty Caesar....they push aside the the curent players they had. Now when the new players find out they have to pay may leave to another new team. So sad if this happens. First of all it teaches one a lesson not to follow a coach! The players and family will get what they deserve. The grass aint always greener on the other side. One has to say maybe the local club teams are not so bad. Hire a good trainer, have a good time,deal with some local politics, go to good showcases, and then go to college.

Academy is all POLITICS and BS. All Academy teams need to be run from FIFA or US soccer. Having these indivual teams run by people with agendas will not work. The team players moving around to much, with no team stability or chemistry, and poor training.

Are you drunk or just plain stupid? You don't make a single valid point.

#453344 - 11/12/11 11:35 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Are you drunk or just plain stupid? You don't make a single valid point.

You academy people are the ones that are drunk. Kool aide anyone?

#453346 - 11/12/11 11:39 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

New York Cosmos fans are anxiously awaiting news regarding the future of their club. Interim boss Terry Byrne is due back from his visit with Sela Sport in London, hopefully with some clear marching orders and a handful of checks – none more important than the $210,000 check for the Cosmos Academy, now more than three months overdue.

Jack Bell of The New York Times, who has been spot on so far, reported yesterday that Seamus O’Brien of World Sport Group may be named the new head of the Cosmos organization. However, according to World Sport Group, the company has no involvement with the Cosmos and O’Brien will remain Chairman & CEO of the Singapore-based company he founded.

Though they did make a point of noting that they cannot comment on what O’Brien may do in his private affairs, which does leave the door open for his personal involvement with the Cosmos. But since World Sport Group has no offices or operations in the US, at least according to their Web site, it’s hard to imagine Sela Sport naming a Chairman & CEO who is based in Singapore and doing the job in addition to running “Asia’s leading sports marketing, media, and event management company.”

Of course, this is the New York Cosmos we’re talking about. So far, their moves have been anything but predictable. Again, I do hope their next move is to resolve their financial failure with the Cosmos Academy. They owe Blau-Weiss Gottschee $210,000, with another $250,000 due on New Year’s Day, as part of the sponsorship agreement that created the Cosmos Academy.

Earlier this week, having not heard anything from the Cosmos following Byrne’s meeting with the new owners, Gottschee officials informed the Cosmos Academy parents that they were reverting to the pay-for-play model they operated under prior to the Cosmos deal. This wasn’t entirely unexpected, as Gottschee had already warned parents shortly after filing suit against the Cosmos for breach of contract, but it remains the 800-pound thorn in the side of the Cosmos reputation, and a huge hurdle for the brand to overcome if it hopes to ever again be respected in the New York City soccer community.

“The Borough Boys are a supporters club whose main goal is to rally fans behind the idea of a professional soccer team in New York City. We have not strayed from that goal, and will continue to help and support whoever is serious about making that a reality,” explained Nick Laveglia, President of the Borough Boys. “We are still in contact with the Cosmos, who have always been professional to us, but we have made it clear that we are very upset with the fact that there are New York City children in limbo because of the Cosmos failure to fulfill its financial obligation to the Cosmos Academy. We hope that the new owners fulfill this obligation and we can get on with talking about an MLS team.”

“While it’s great that the new owners of the New York Cosmos seem to be taking a more active role, I’m not going to pull a Joe Paterno and ignore the fact that the organization has yet to fulfill their contractual obligations to BW Gottschee,” noted New York-based soccer writer Cesar Diaz, echoing the concern of the Borough Boys and other Cosmos fans.

The good news for Cosmos fans is that Major League Soccer Commissioner Don Garber spoke highly of the new Cosmos owners during his State of the League teleconference yesterday, Nov. 10, 2011. He said that league officials have met with them several times already and will do so again at the MLS Cup.

However, he was clear that there are still no frontrunners in the race for the 20th franchise in New York City. Instead of courting candidates, it appears MLS has taken the lead on securing a stadium, hiring a full-time person to coordinate the effort along with three outside consultants. And, frankly, I kind of like this “if you build it, they will come” approach to the 20th franchise.

Stay tuned, folks. This isn’t over yet.

#453364 - 11/13/11 08:22 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Larry Miller]
Anonymous
Unregistered

If the Borough Boys are supporters of the Cosmos and want a MLS team in NYC why would they support Gottschee ? The only thing that comes out of this law suit is to make the Cosmos look bad and delays the process or ruins the Cosmos chances all together. The Cosmos have been very generous and have asked for nothing in return. There are plenty of youth soccer clubs in NYC that would LOVE to be part of the NY Cosmos for FREE and I'm sure that includes the other USSF Academy clubs. Gottschee has been around for over 60 years without a $500,000.00 A YEAR. The only thing that's changed is their GREED! Give them an inch and they want to get RICH $$$

#453419 - 11/13/11 05:54 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

If the Borough Boys are supporters of the Cosmos and want a MLS team in NYC why would they support Gottschee ? The only thing that comes out of this law suit is to make the Cosmos look bad and delays the process or ruins the Cosmos chances all together. The Cosmos have been very generous and have asked for nothing in return. There are plenty of youth soccer clubs in NYC that would LOVE to be part of the NY Cosmos for FREE and I'm sure that includes the other USSF Academy clubs. Gottschee has been around for over 60 years without a $500,000.00 A YEAR. The only thing that's changed is their GREED! Give them an inch and they want to get RICH $$$

Why? Name the clubs both non-DA & DA?

#453420 - 11/13/11 06:06 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dumb ass . The 500k is advertising for the Cosmos Not Gottschee.
BWG kids get uniforms , travel/tourn feesand coaching fees paid and Cosmos get their money working for them in the community and nationwide every weekend games, and weekday at parks and local community play areas

Kids from all over the country will see these kids play at National tournaments and if those teams are good, this will show the Cosmos develop good players. IE RB's

#453425 - 11/13/11 06:25 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm sure you are right, that there are other USSF Academy Clubs that would love to be a part of the Cosmos for free but the Cosmos made the deal with Gottschee because of their 60-year tradition and outstanding reputation in the NYC area. There is no greed on the part of of Gottschee. The Cosmos made a 5-yr deal with Gottschee for $500,000 a year and that doesn't cover all the expenses for the academy for the year. If the Cosmos don't pay, it's the kids that will suffer and Gpttschee will have to revert to a pay to play situation. There are seven teams that this $500,000 per year supports. Do the math. There is no one getting rich at Gottschee from the Cosmos.

#453443 - 11/13/11 07:36 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm sure you are right, that there are other USSF Academy Clubs that would love to be a part of the Cosmos for free but the Cosmos made the deal with Gottschee because of their 60-year tradition and outstanding reputation in the NYC area. There is no greed on the part of of Gottschee. The Cosmos made a 5-yr deal with Gottschee for $500,000 a year and that doesn't cover all the expenses for the academy for the year. If the Cosmos don't pay, it's the kids that will suffer and Gpttschee will have to revert to a pay to play situation. There are seven teams that this $500,000 per year supports. Do the math. There is no one getting rich at Gottschee from the Cosmos.

Let's start an Occupy Aviator Movement and demand that the 99% is heard. Down with the 1% DA clubs.

#453501 - 11/14/11 05:08 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

STOP with "the kids will suffer" you just want to get paid! When did kids soccer become such a big business. Your not coaching Real Madrid, Barcelona or even a College team. Your coaching little kids and shouldn't get paid. How much do coaches make and how much do they really know about the game ?

#453554 - 11/14/11 10:38 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

The coaches are nothing special just the typical frustrated explayers who dont teach in practice and scream during the whole game. Teach in practice so we dont have to hear you in the game.
Shut up already and let them play...

#456171 - 12/07/11 11:09 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

where have you heard that Red Bull beat the u-13 cosmos 8-0? that is completely not true. the teams play each other in their first league game in December. The league standings are published on the us soccer site for the northeast pre-academy. Why make up a story like that that isn't true? You are talking about youth soccer and kids. Have you nothing better to do than make up lies?

I checked the standings NY Redbulls 5 NY Cosmos 1. I hope the new owners don't look at the standings or worse saw that game !

#456199 - 12/08/11 12:46 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

That is preacademy score. Means nothing.
Team has only played together one year.

#456210 - 12/08/11 01:40 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

academy programs primary goal is not team development

#456243 - 12/08/11 08:50 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

So have the Redbulls ! Why such a big difference ?

#456246 - 12/08/11 09:31 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

So have the Redbulls ! Why such a big difference ?

Red Bull started doing u13 only year ago but have the whole of NJ to choose from and ffer free proogram. They are very powerful and have better records almost everybody. Cosmos have some very good teams also. Look at their 99s for example. They have the best record in the PA league, although though they did lose 3-1 to Beachside u13 last weekend -(they had a 5 month age group disadvantage so perhaps that affected the outcome some)

If the Cosmos mess is sorted out and the new owner do in fact support the youth program, I predict they will become very strong. They have good soccer people running things. imo.

#456371 - 12/11/11 12:02 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Once Again as it was said with Yleague. None of these Academy clubs develop players THEY ONLY RECRUIT PLAYERS. Academy teams should all be free and run only by the MLS teams. Gottschee and the others are just what they have been, YOUTH SOCCER CLUBS but only problem with them is they stopped trying to develop and just started recruiting

#456404 - 12/11/11 10:14 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Once Again as it was said with Yleague. None of these Academy clubs develop players THEY ONLY RECRUIT PLAYERS. Academy teams should all be free and run only by the MLS teams. Gottschee and the others are just what they have been, YOUTH SOCCER CLUBS but only problem with them is they stopped trying to develop and just started recruiting

All of the Academy teams to some degree recruit players. When players are 9 or 10 years old, maybe some of the best players are at what eventually becomes an Academy team but mostly players come to these teams down the road when they really are passionate about their game and want to play at a high level. With college recruiting budgets shrinking, college coaches get a lot of bang for their buck going to the USSF showcases where potentially they get to see many of the best players in the country in one place. but how would any club know who those players are at 7 years old? or even 10 years old? kids burn out. kids discover a passion and talent for soccer and it happens at different ages. no one is saying that the only place that good training exists is at an academy program - but good training will follow you where ever you go.

#456406 - 12/11/11 10:40 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

If only MLS teams had academys, who is Red Bull playing next week? DC united? and then the week after that? because there is a finite number of mls teams that have academy programs on the East Coast. That would never work.

#464937 - 03/11/12 08:17 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Paul McGlynn is just a bully coach and has no clue on what soccer is about. He never played, never trained. He doesn't know anything, doesn't teach anything. He is a negative person and intimidates his own players hurting kids’ confidence and enjoyment of the best sport in the world. He doesn't toughen up young athletes, as he thinks. And he doesn’t improve kids’ performance burt hurts their self-esteem, undermine their social skills and make it hard for them to trust. He makes kids feel anxious and depressed. A squalid human being.

#464938 - 03/11/12 08:19 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Larry Miller]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Never heard of him, where did he play?

#464942 - 03/11/12 08:28 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Paul McGlynn is just a bully coach and has no clue on what soccer is about. He never played, never trained. He doesn't know anything, doesn't teach anything. He is a negative person and intimidates his own players hurting kids’ confidence and enjoyment of the best sport in the world. He doesn't toughen up young athletes, as he thinks. And he doesn’t improve kids’ performance burt hurts their self-esteem, undermine their social skills and make it hard for them to trust. He makes kids feel anxious and depressed. A squalid human being.

I agree 100%

#464964 - 03/11/12 10:41 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't know what squalid is but it's the same as asshole than you are right !

#464981 - 03/12/12 08:26 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Paul McGlynn is just a bully coach and has no clue on what soccer is about. He never played, never trained. He doesn't know anything, doesn't teach anything. He is a negative person and intimidates his own players hurting kids’ confidence and enjoyment of the best sport in the world. He doesn't toughen up young athletes, as he thinks. And he doesn’t improve kids’ performance burt hurts their self-esteem, undermine their social skills and make it hard for them to trust. He makes kids feel anxious and depressed. A squalid human being. [/quote] I don't know what squalid is but it's the same as asshole than you are right ! [/quote]

#464985 - 03/12/12 08:42 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

You can say that. Squalid meaning extremely unpleasant, involving a contemptible lack of moral standards.

#464986 - 03/12/12 08:58 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Don't tell me you didn't know that before you joined.

#464989 - 03/12/12 09:15 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Did the Cosmos ever pay BW the $500,000? What's going on at BW now?

#464990 - 03/12/12 09:25 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Don't tell me you didn't know that before you joined.

If you are talking to me, who told you I joined?

#464991 - 03/12/12 09:35 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, if you not in, why would you have a beef with the man?

#464993 - 03/12/12 10:02 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Because I am his son's girlfriend

#464994 - 03/12/12 10:13 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

There's a great video of McGlynn on youtube after a BWG Cosmos loss or as he says " a bit of a stinker" he goes on to say that BWG develops players (lie)and plays in the style of Barcelona and Ajax. Which one ? When asked his soccer experience he answers " I've been playing since I was... " what 38 ? he also says his qualifications for being youth director is living across the street !

#465001 - 03/12/12 11:02 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

There's a great video of McGlynn on youtube after a BWG Cosmos loss or as he says " a bit of a stinker" he goes on to say that BWG develops players (lie)and plays in the style of Barcelona and Ajax. Which one ? When asked his soccer experience he answers " I've been playing since I was... " what 38 ? he also says his qualifications for being youth director is living across the street !

Thanks for sharing. The arrogant .peep. thinks that they were the best team playing there despite killing the players and loosing the tournament

#465092 - 03/12/12 07:24 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for sharing. The arrogant .peep. thinks that they were the best team playing there despite killing the players and loosing the tournament

Larry, how many calls from BWG have you got because of this topic ?

#465094 - 03/12/12 07:40 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

Larry, how many calls from BWG have you got because of this topic ?

None. I have never gotten a call from them. I am not a fan.

#465099 - 03/12/12 08:13 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Why this man inspire such anymosity? Please, elaborate.

#465116 - 03/12/12 09:45 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Because I am his son's girlfriend

u r realy tha special one

#465119 - 03/12/12 09:56 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Paul McGlynn es el peor entrenador del mundo. Cuando se trata de deportistas jóvenes, en particular niños o adolescentes en fase temprana, el entrenador no debe centrarse únicamente en el rendimiento deportivo, sino que debe priorizar en torno a la propia preparación del desarrollo del joven como persona.
Por ejemplo, una educación en valores lleva a que la competitividad que exige un deporte no le impulse a contravenir las normas. La preparación psicológica es también, parte del entrenamiento deportivo. Un entrenador con formación académica posee elementos básicos para instruir a sus deportistas en el control de pensamientos, emociones y conductas. Asimismo, sabe que habilidades psicológicas como la concentración, la motivación o la confianza son elementos entrenables. Sin embargo hoy en día existe la especialidad de Psicólogos del deporte, capacitados y especializados para que el entrenador se apoye y delegue esta función que bien es necesaria para optimizar el rendimiento del jugador.

#465123 - 03/12/12 11:21 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Paul McGlynn brings shame to the game. He does everything a coach should never do. He totally disrespects the game, the players, the parents, the officials. He verbally abuses and emotionally mistreats his players, including his own son, often reducing them to tears. He doesn't encourage players' love of the game, doesn't keep it fun. He is not an appropriate role model, he doesn't demonstrate sportsmanlike behavior, doesn't encourage his players to do the same. He doesn't allow his players to think on their own. He doesn't understand the philosophy of soccer, how the game is structured, what the children are able to comprehend and how they learn, he doesn't recognize their internal desire to play and have fun. He doesn't know how to communicate, doesn't have appropriate verbal nor nonverbal language. He hasn't nor exhibits a calm personality, doesn't shows patience. He doesn't observe nor guide the players, but only directs them as programmable machines. He criticize player's personalities and is never enthusiast, keeps up the tension and is never light, never smiles nor laugh. Doesn't know the rules and has no willingness of learning how to have fun. He lives in a macho world where "more is better" only in terms of obtuse training and where "no pain means no gain". And takes pride only in his toughness. He doesn't treat anyone with respect nor dignity. Central to this old military school mind set is the idea that threat, intimidation, fear, guilt, shame and name calling are all viable ways to push players to excel. But non of his methods are worthwhile motivators for anyone. All he does is making great kids and great players feel worthless, despised and inadequate, turning their once loved sport into a hatred experience…
It's enough or you need more elaboration?

#465125 - 03/12/12 11:39 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am sorry this is not fair. He is a terrific coach and goes above and beyond. He may be rough around the edges but really cares. You can say what you want but anyone that knows him knows the truth.

#465131 - 03/13/12 06:23 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thats the truth get to know the man before you judge him the way you guys are doing. Seems to me that someones baby didn't make a team.

#465133 - 03/13/12 07:07 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Paul McGlynn brings shame to the game. He does everything a coach should never do. He totally disrespects the game, the players, the parents, the officials. He verbally abuses and emotionally mistreats his players, including his own son, often reducing them to tears. He doesn't encourage players' love of the game, doesn't keep it fun. He is not an appropriate role model, he doesn't demonstrate sportsmanlike behavior, doesn't encourage his players to do the same. He doesn't allow his players to think on their own. He doesn't understand the philosophy of soccer, how the game is structured, what the children are able to comprehend and how they learn, he doesn't recognize their internal desire to play and have fun. He doesn't know how to communicate, doesn't have appropriate verbal nor nonverbal language. He hasn't nor exhibits a calm personality, doesn't shows patience. He doesn't observe nor guide the players, but only directs them as programmable machines. He criticize player's personalities and is never enthusiast, keeps up the tension and is never light, never smiles nor laugh. Doesn't know the rules and has no willingness of learning how to have fun. He lives in a macho world where "more is better" only in terms of obtuse training and where "no pain means no gain". And takes pride only in his toughness. He doesn't treat anyone with respect nor dignity. Central to this old military school mind set is the idea that threat, intimidation, fear, guilt, shame and name calling are all viable ways to push players to excel. But non of his methods are worthwhile motivators for anyone. All he does is making great kids and great players feel worthless, despised and inadequate, turning their once loved sport into a hatred experience…

How many people in the club share you opinion of him?

#465149 - 03/13/12 09:12 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

U must b his wife. Whoever wrote used too many words. He is just an asshole

#465150 - 03/13/12 09:15 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

For a club of this standing, with the funding received, why can't they have legitimate, licensed, experienced college coaches coaching the teams? This approach will benefit both parties as the coaches will have a direct line to some of the best players in the age group for recruiting and the club benefits from top level training.

I have observed some of the practice sessions at Cosmos for a couple of age groups (academies) and they appear poorly run, inadequate and lack professionalism. The certainly could use an upgrade at the coaching/training position. Combined with the poor results, it appears more as a necessity rather than a wishlist.

#465152 - 03/13/12 09:16 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

It did and run away

#465155 - 03/13/12 09:27 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

How many people in the club share you opinion of him?

I have seen him from the sidelines for the past 4 or 5 years and while he demands a lot and can be harsh, he's not as bad as described. It's wrong to say never smiles or laughs. I can think of no youth coaches who meet all the qualities you seek. And his team plays with remarkable skill, can't argue with the results if you can hack the toughness of the environment. Works for some, but not for everyone.

#465156 - 03/13/12 09:29 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanx for the topic. I do and too many others. Wonder why Cosmos don't fire the animal

#465165 - 03/13/12 10:23 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

You guys have no idea. The dude is unbearable. He coached me and I fled! Ask the players. He wins 'cause he scares and every year he gets great players. + leave - stay

#465168 - 03/13/12 10:37 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cares about what? Winning? At whose expense? I have seen him misbehave for years from the sidelines. He bullies the refs, other coaches and his own players. I sent my son to work out with his team during pre academy tryouts and my son said he could never play for him due to his abusive nature. My son now plays for another academy team and we have played against Paul's team and the abuse never stops from the sidelines. I can't believe the players stay and continue to play for him. There are much nicer places to play where development truly happens.

#465189 - 03/13/12 12:56 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

From what I understand many share the same opinion but are afraid of him and are afraid to talk even if their son plays for a different team. They feel he wields too much power. Someone should step in and look into this.

#465190 - 03/13/12 12:57 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Do you think this behavior impacts negatively on Cosmos recruiting?

#465192 - 03/13/12 01:26 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Do you think this behavior impacts negatively on Cosmos recruiting?

Probably will now, that the dirty laundry is all out.

#465194 - 03/13/12 01:41 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think as long as te Cosmos are free, his teams will attract new talent. Whether they stay or not will be the question. We opted to not take a spot and reading all the negative posts are happy we went with our instincts.

#465208 - 03/13/12 04:09 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think as long as te Cosmos are free, his teams will attract new talent. Whether they stay or not will be the question. We opted to not take a spot and reading all the negative posts are happy we went with our instincts.

Where did you go that the grass is greener?

#465209 - 03/13/12 04:10 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

You think is all out?

#465219 - 03/13/12 05:05 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have heard the new guy heading the Met Oval has a real foul mouth!Dont know much about Met Oval. How do these so called "Academy" clubs allow this behavior. They are suppose to be the cream of the crop and set exmples. If your cursing, screaming and yelling at your players then maybe USSF needs to take a look at these teams. wow!

#465224 - 03/13/12 05:24 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

That's the problem. Pre-A is US Club, not USSF. It's the same crap all over with the exception of the usual suspects like PDA. I heard FCW has a decent U16 & U18 Academy programs but suck at the pre-A.

#465230 - 03/13/12 06:42 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for your comments in this blog. Gosh, that’s quite a pile of dirty laundry! And a real eye–opener for me! I have been there! I've heard that coach screaming at a 12-13 year old in front of the entire squad, telling him he is “a loser, a pathetic wimp” who doesn’t deserve to be on the team. I saw his son being hurt, his nose bleeding and that father/coach yelling at him to get up and play or get the f**k off the field. I saw him being charming in public, in front of witnesses and vicious, vile and vindictive in private. I am actually tired of people using their influence to run down others and would like to have the courage to change the things which should be changed. This is hard and lonely work because your efforts as parents can be discounted. You can be labeled as complainers, babyers, and troublemakers for challenging the status quo.

#465231 - 03/13/12 06:56 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cares about what? Winning? At whose expense? I have seen him misbehave for years from the sidelines. He bullies the refs, other coaches and his own players. I sent my son to work out with his team during pre academy tryouts and my son said he could never play for him due to his abusive nature. My son now plays for another academy team and we have played against Paul's team and the abuse never stops from the sidelines. I can't believe the players stay and continue to play for him. There are much nicer places to play where development truly happens.

All suggestions are welcome

#465233 - 03/13/12 07:33 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Do you think this coach's alleged behavior is due to the fact the program is free?

#465239 - 03/13/12 08:02 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm not sure how one thing has to do with the other? When they were BWG and it was a pay to play situation, it was just as bad when we played them. I think he yells so much so his wife can hear him from across the street so she knows where he is.

#465256 - 03/13/12 10:51 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm not sure how one thing has to do with the other? When they were BWG and it was a pay to play situation, it was just as bad when we played them. I think he yells so much so his wife can hear him from across the street so she knows where he is.

Ok, my som play for the club for a younger team. May be he is a bit rough but realy care for the kids and the club.
I think all the complainers are parents of kids that were cut off or didnt make tryouts, so go mind your business and stop with the nonsence.
Im sure if have the chance tomorrow to have your kid play for cosmos you will jump on the train

#465275 - 03/14/12 08:06 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok, my som play for the club for a younger team. May be he is a bit rough but realy care for the kids and the club.
I think all the complainers are parents of kids that were cut off or didnt make tryouts, so go mind your business and stop with the nonsence.
Im sure if have the chance tomorrow to have your kid play for cosmos you will jump on the train

Better the devil you know than the good you don't know

#465277 - 03/14/12 08:38 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

That's the problem. Pre-A is US Club, not USSF. It's the same crap all over with the exception of the usual suspects like PDA. I heard FCW has a decent U16 & U18 Academy programs but suck at the pre-A.

Really shows how little u know Most of the Academy coaches even at the ones mentioned are twisted Sadists drunk on their own power who beat the kids mentally

#465296 - 03/14/12 11:17 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Who is worse him or Cordt Weinstein?

#465297 - 03/14/12 11:35 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

At least Cordt Weinstein played some soccer...

#465299 - 03/14/12 12:31 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

At least Cordt Weinstein played some soccer...

Toss up. They are both horrible examples of coaches.

#465303 - 03/14/12 01:01 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

For a club of this standing, with the funding received, why can't they have legitimate, licensed, experienced college coaches coaching the teams? This approach will benefit both parties as the coaches will have a direct line to some of the best players in the age group for recruiting and the club benefits from top level training.

I have observed some of the practice sessions at Cosmos for a couple of age groups (academies) and they appear poorly run, inadequate and lack professionalism. The certainly could use an upgrade at the coaching/training position. Combined with the poor results, it appears more as a necessity rather than a wishlist.

kids should be encouraged in practice to take risks and try new things.

#465307 - 03/14/12 01:09 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

The biggest obstacle facing the growth of soccer here is the lack of a soccer culture. You think soccer it's only a sport. In other countries, soccer is a part of life as important as family or religion. It is the game that every kid growing up plays first, and a major part of this is culture and how inexpensive it is to play. In poorer countries, kids need nothing but a ball and a small space. They’re not playing three times a week at some military practice. They’re playing every time they can just for fun.

#465314 - 03/14/12 01:30 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Paul Mcglynn was a very talented athlete who excelled in both soccer and Gaelic Football. He was considered one of the best players in the Cosmopolitan league when I played against him. I came across him again last year when my sons team played his 98 Cosmos side who were talented and well trained. I have seen the same complaints about coaches at my kids academy team and they usually come from parents whose kids did not get selected.

#465317 - 03/14/12 01:53 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

kids should be encouraged in practice to take risks and try new things.

What is this guy teaching kids? Having roamed the sidelines of far too many soccer fields over 30 years, I can say with no doubts that there has been a steady loss of perspective of what is acceptable on a soccer field. I'm surprised nobody said anything before. No team should allow this type of behavior.

#465327 - 03/14/12 03:22 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Larry Miller]
Anonymous
Unregistered

[quote=Larry Miller]The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit: A Bad Start For Sela Sport

Reported by Footblog

To keep the Cosmos Academy afloat, Gottschee has had to tap its financial reserves, which the non-profit has slowly amassed over its 60-year history. However, as of Oct. 1, 2011, it could no longer afford to pay the coaches in the Cosmos Academy. And despite more promises from the Cosmos on Oct. 18 and Nov. 1, the balance due remains unpaid. So on Nov. 3, 2011, Gottschee felt obligated to file suit against the New York Cosmos (for breach of contract) to protect itself, the program, and the kids.

mr miller, as a person who has participated in many meetings with those bwg people over the years, i can tell you that your reporting is absolutely on the button on all points but one (last line above). bwg is in NO WAY interested in "protecting kids" as shown by the way they replace kids, throwing out the club players for anyone who flips ship from another club and by their communist like rule of not taking kids back once they have been removed. since they have an elderly man with no other form of income in charge of it all, it is obvious their interest is protecting the programs funds which supports his expense book, period! he seems to also be interested in leaving some sort of legacy in his last years with us. he had held on to the outrageous blau weiss gottschee foreign name with stubborn pride for 60 years but finally gave it up for what?... for the kids? hahaha hell no, they gave it up for money and money alone mr miller... if they were interested in kids they would have changed their ancient name to a more kid friendly or politically correct one a long long time ago. if they were interested in kids their program would have yielded many more talented players from the diverse international pool of kids it has to pick from. bwg is nothing more than a good "american" youth club who produces descent players whos parents pay on time. im not sure what that says about protecting kids! protecting kids means you give them chances at your own expense, puting yourself in front and taking shots for them and over the years this poster has never seen that within the club. i will say that their COACHING director (mr. mcglynn) does have his own kids there thus giving him some experience as to what exactly protecting kids means. as for the rest of the club they have no clue what the term means.

#465328 - 03/14/12 03:24 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Paul Mcglynn was a very talented athlete who excelled in both soccer and Gaelic Football. He was considered one of the best players in the Cosmopolitan league when I played against him. I came across him again last year when my sons team played his 98 Cosmos side who were talented and well trained. I have seen the same complaints about coaches at my kids academy team and they usually come from parents whose kids did not get selected.

I know people who's kids play on the academy and they are horrified at the way these coaches talk (scream) at their kids. Just because he could play soccer does not mean that he can coach it. I think it is high time that the USSF take a good look at the people that deal with the players. It is a disgrace.

#465331 - 03/14/12 03:35 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Larry Miller]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Larry Miller

No I haven't. I was busy building a career, programming radio stations, and making money.

If you're bored...Google me!!

a second tier bababooey?

#465332 - 03/14/12 03:40 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

You can say that. Squalid meaning extremely unpleasant, involving a contemptible lack of moral standards.

hahahaha guys paul mcglynn is none of the above... hes just another dry irishman. pass him a pint and hell be on the ground with the rest of us

#465334 - 03/14/12 04:00 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

bwg has the simple advantage that all good business have. location! location! location! they have a huge number of applicants and they take advantage of their position by abusing whoever they feel like because they have replacements... (as shown by the numerous and unusually harsh and derogatory statements made here) mcglynn lives across the street and since they deceive everyone and have no real youth coaching available he has them by the nuts. lets find a reason to have their brennan field permits revoked and then we will see what all the hoopla is for. are they the ones who bribe officials for the permit?

#465335 - 03/14/12 04:11 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know people who's kids play on the academy and they are horrified at the way these coaches talk (scream) at their kids. Just because he could play soccer does not mean that he can coach it. I think it is high time that the USSF take a good look at the people that deal with the players. It is a disgrace.

The most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one will do. TJ

#465339 - 03/14/12 04:31 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

hahahaha guys paul mcglynn is none of the above... hes just another dry irishman. pass him a pint and hell be on the ground with the rest of us

A key youth soccer coaching skill !

#465342 - 03/14/12 04:44 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

If your child is in an academy team he got there do to hard work and talent. At the academy level there is no time to sugar coat. Some of you parents need to grow up. If your kid can't handle it then pick a different sport. As for Paul Mcglynn he is really tough on his players that is why we are here speaking about him. If he was soft spoken with his team they will not be top pick in ENY and we would have never heard the name McGlynn. I bet most of you will love for your son to have the talent to play on his team (that’s why you all tried out right?) I have seen Mcglynn teach kids that are under 5 and he is giving and fun going. He knows what he is doing.
FYI He has the license to be a collage coach

#465345 - 03/14/12 04:58 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

If your child is in an academy team he got there do to hard work and talent. At the academy level there is no time to sugar coat. Some of you parents need to grow up. If your kid can't handle it then pick a different sport. As for Paul Mcglynn he is really tough on his players that is why we are here speaking about him. If he was soft spoken with his team they will not be top pick in ENY and we would have never heard the name McGlynn. I bet most of you will love for your son to have the talent to play on his team (that’s why you all tried out right?) I have seen Mcglynn teach kids that are under 5 and he is giving and fun going. He knows what he is doing.

#465347 - 03/14/12 05:29 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

C license is all he has and it is for players up to 14 yrs old

#465348 - 03/14/12 05:34 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I totally disagree. And this is pre academy we are speaking about, where your are teaching your youngest players so many invaluable lessons. Many of the best coaches in all sports are able to get the most from their players by treating them with respect. Yelling at your players, calling them names from the sidelines and humiliating them on a regular basis will eventually get you a team of players that have no respect for their coach, their teammates and other players. The coach should be setting an example of how to behave, how to treat your teammates and opponents. I'm sure the Cosmos organization would be horrified to know that the behavior described here is what others view as a representative of the Cosmos.

#465354 - 03/14/12 06:20 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

There is no such thing at a license to coach in college (unfortunately

#465355 - 03/14/12 06:34 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

bwg has the simple advantage that all good business have. location! location! location! they have a huge number of applicants and they take advantage of their position by abusing whoever they feel like because they have replacements... (as shown by the numerous and unusually harsh and derogatory statements made here) mcglynn lives across the street and since they deceive everyone and have no real youth coaching available he has them by the nuts. lets find a reason to have their brennan field permits revoked and then we will see what all the hoopla is for. are they the ones who bribe officials for the permit?

Do you mean to tell me this coach's behavior is the rule and not the exception in the club?

#465361 - 03/14/12 07:53 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hard work! Sugar coat! WOW! You are the real deal! Butcher Me On The Court
Too Many Elbows To Report/Now You're Poking Me In The Eye/Tough Guy, It's Time To Check Yourself Dribbling The Ball. Wow! You know how!
A C license is all Mcglynn has and it is for players ages 11-14. No such thing as a license to be a college coach, wiseguy. Mcglynn can't afford college. Too many are now requiring either a U.S. Soccer B license or an NSCA Advanced National diploma in addition to the college degree. Anywhere else in the world mcglynn would not even be allowed to stand near the bench.

#465362 - 03/14/12 08:57 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Do you mean to tell me this coach's behavior is the rule and not the exception in the club?

it is absolutely the rule of the club. however there are not many willing hard asses to follow it. the 3 or 4 willing pricks that they found are all "administrators" with all but mcglynn hiding their cut throat position behind fake smiles like little fairies.

#465364 - 03/14/12 09:18 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

You get tired of the same BS everytime. If you have a complaint or a suggestion it must be because your kid did not make it. How about our kids are on the team but we see things the way they are not with rose colored glasses or having drunk the koolaid and say things are wrong when they are. The bad things about the academy in NY, NJ and Westchester is the coaching because that is where it all starts. College coaches Fie! most are never was players and that does not mean you recognize talent or know a fig about player development and training. Do you think running 3 miles in 18 minutes makes you a soccer player or being 6ft tall makes you a soccer player. Only idjits who know nothing aboput the game would use such stupid criteria to judge a soccer player.

#465374 - 03/15/12 07:25 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

PM's team is one of the smallest out there

#465381 - 03/15/12 09:26 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

PM's team is one of the smallest out there

And most skilled, hence their success.

#465382 - 03/15/12 09:48 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think i am well qualified to judge a soccer coach, I spent 2 years in an academy at a premier club in England and was lucky enough to offerd a Scholarship to play in the US after at the age of 17 after I was found to be surplus to requirments at the Academy. My son currently plays with an Academy team but like many will be facing a tough choice this fall as he wants to play soccer, Lacrosse and basketball in high school.It really upsets me when i see people personally attack coaches like Paul Mcglynn who I know only from playing against years ago and discredit him by saying they never played soccer when he excelled on the field.

#465386 - 03/15/12 10:11 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think i am well qualified to judge a soccer coach, I spent 2 years in an academy at a premier club in England and was lucky enough to offerd a Scholarship to play in the US after at the age of 17 after I was found to be surplus to requirments at the Academy. My son currently plays with an Academy team but like many will be facing a tough choice this fall as he wants to play soccer, Lacrosse and basketball in high school.It really upsets me when i see people personally attack coaches like Paul Mcglynn who I know only from playing against years ago and discredit him by saying they never played soccer when he excelled on the field.

Hard to believe you played in England when your English is so poor. Can you share with us where Paul excelled in the field. We all want to know. And even if he was only a proficient player, does that qualify him to be a coach?

#465403 - 03/15/12 12:37 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Self praise is no recommendation and you are not the only one who has played professionally. Please share with us where Paul Mcglynn played. It seems that everybody wants to know.

#465413 - 03/15/12 03:06 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Self praise is no recommendation and you are not the only one who has played professionally. Please share with us where Paul Mcglynn played. It seems that everybody wants to know.

Seems like the complainers are going off on a tangent. If the concern is how the kids are being treated, how is this important?

#465415 - 03/15/12 03:30 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Manhattan 1 Cosmos 0
Dix Hills 2 Cosmos 1
Paul was out coached in both games vs club coaches last weekend. Really not a coach to brag about now is he.

#465425 - 03/15/12 04:23 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Manhattan 1 Cosmos 0
Dix Hills 2 Cosmos 1
Paul was out coached in both games vs club coaches last weekend. Really not a coach to brag about now is he.

forgot to mention that other clubs are 97's and Cosmos 98 are 98's

#465428 - 03/15/12 04:46 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Typical douche comment not stating the facts.
The team, at least a year younger then the others some kids almost two years younger, were in the finals against Dix Hills. They were dominating DH until an unintentional handball in the box. They were a whisker away from beating the evil Corkie.

Why would parents allow kids to play on teams where coaches are so mentally/physically abusive to their kids???

Who is the more f'u coach between the two??

#465444 - 03/15/12 10:04 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

The team, at least a year younger then the others some kids almost two years younger, were in the finals against Dix Hills. They were dominating DH until an unintentional handball in the box. They were a whisker away from beating the evil Corkie.

Why would parents allow kids to play on teams where coaches are so mentally/physically abusive to their kids???

Who is the more f'u coach between the two??

Clearly both the parents on both of these teams as these two coaches are two of the biggest offenders.

#465450 - 03/16/12 02:23 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was at a coaching Course with Paul, he knows his stuff, and for his age can still play. Just a reminder one of the best coaches in the game, Jose Mourinho, played no professional soccer. Paul is tough on his kids as he should be. These kids are at Cosmos to play at a high level, and they need to be pushed, and taught. Now one valid criticism of the Cosmos Academy is that they don't always teach their players how to play. They can afford not to, and sometimes don't teach just demand. The best players around come to their tryouts and they can choose from 100 very talented players every year. about 1% of cosmos kids start with them at 9, are still around at 16. Now this is a general statement and is not true for all their coaches. But any criticism of Paul is unmerited. His style is not for you or your child, find another option.

#465458 - 03/16/12 10:11 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

The team, at least a year younger then the others ..?

Actually based on age brackets they 5 months younger. Most top clubs have several players playing up too.

I am glad Cosmos an Albertson came out and played non DA opposition. Most Pre-Academy clubs re too worried about losing to do that.

#465483 - 03/16/12 02:48 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was at a coaching Course with Paul, he knows his stuff, and for his age can still play. Just a reminder one of the best coaches in the game, Jose Mourinho, played no professional soccer. Paul is tough on his kids as he should be. These kids are at Cosmos to play at a high level, and they need to be pushed, and taught. Now one valid criticism of the Cosmos Academy is that they don't always teach their players how to play. They can afford not to, and sometimes don't teach just demand. The best players around come to their tryouts and they can choose from 100 very talented players every year. about 1% of cosmos kids start with them at 9, are still around at 16. Now this is a general statement and is not true for all their coaches. But any criticism of Paul is unmerited. His style is not for you or your child, find another option.

What are you talking about? Hard to believe you have anything to do with soccer. Mourinho played professional soccer in Portugal since he was a kid with Uniao Leiria and Belenenses and then professionally with Rio Ave Futebol Clube, Belenenses, Sesimbra and finshed in 1987 with Comercio e Industria. There have been some great coaches who have never played but none an asshole as Paul Mcglynn

#465495 - 03/16/12 05:17 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

The bully has no "style". He should be the one to find another option not the children.

#465497 - 03/16/12 06:10 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I believe that every coach is a teacher and an educator. As teacher he/she accepts the responsibility to adhere and be held accountable to the highest ethical standards. The two main principles that he/she should go by are 1. the commitment to the student and 2. the commitment to the profession.
This standards should not change whether the educator is a child care provider, a high school teacher or a youth soccer coach. Teachers and coaches are in a very powerful position in a child’s life no matter what age they are. It is never too late to touch a child’s or player’s life to make a difference and send them down a better path in life. Coaching, to accomplish its goals, must be based on intelligently directed development of the possibilities inherent in ordinary experience. Progressive coaching can only succeed when certain conditions apply: Primarily, this involves use of sound standards and methods to achieving its goals, which are based on providing the best educational experience possible to create confident, independent, self-controlled, and capable players. As a great American philosopher, psychologist and educational reformer said more then 80 years ago: "Everyone experiences social control in life, but this does not have to represent autocratic rule. Social control of individual actions, by agreement and by the members of a group for the benefit of the members of the group, are common and accepted. Teachers should act or speaking firm, when (rarely) needed, in behalf of the group. Students should be participants in group planning as well as activities. The teacher should be a member of the group – the most mature and experienced member."
The manner in which students learn is as important as what subject-matter they learn; they should be taught in a manner consistent with their becoming positively interactive, democratic, and dynamic learners.
Children should be taught that manners are "the oil that reduces friction." Lack of manners "represents a failure in education, a failure to learn one of the most important lessons in life, that of mutual accommodation and adaptation".
"The teacher’s business is to see that the occasion is taken advantage of." While the teacher/coach should not dominate the students/players’ actions, he should offer guidance and suggestions. The teacher/coach should be aware of the "capabilities, needs, and past experiences" of pupils and allow their suggestions to help develop a plan. "The plan, in other words, is a cooperative enterprise, not a dictation."
I do not expect teachers/coaches to be super heroes and to do it all, but if teachers/coaches work together with their students/players, with other coaches and professionals as well as with parents, it would be amazing to see the difference that would be made. And I feel that the lack of accountability gives some people a greater willingness to behave badly and that this coach should be held accountable for his actions

#465506 - 03/16/12 08:15 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Every coach that ever coaches kids should read the above post.

#465538 - 03/17/12 04:45 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

So you can cut and past 500 words of John Dewey's philosophy of education. And you think that makes you seem intelligent?

A six-year-old kid could do that.

Read the words, think about them and re-tell the ideas in a persuasive way.

Otherwise you just sound like a pompous dork.

#465547 - 03/17/12 05:55 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Who cares if they were cut and pasted or original words? The words are true. Why rewrite something that is so elegantly said? Better to repost the original than try to paraphrase.

#465569 - 03/17/12 08:11 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

So you can cut and past 500 words of John Dewey's philosophy of education. And you think that makes you seem intelligent?

A six-year-old kid could do that.

Read the words, think about them and re-tell the ideas in a persuasive way.

Otherwise you just sound like a pompous dork.

Not all of us know know John Dewey's writings. Thanks for the cut and past. Don't mind the pretentious and superior frustrated teacher who has an exaggerated sense of his own tiny brain.

#465582 - 03/17/12 09:22 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

If I understand, You say you played at a pro club and played against Paul.What or who did he play for??
And what the hell does that have to do with Coaching and Coaching Kids.
I think you and Paul should stop playing with yourselves.

#465625 - 03/18/12 11:49 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

If I understand, You say you played at a pro club and played against Paul.What or who did he play for??
And what the hell does that have to do with Coaching and Coaching Kids.
I think you and Paul should stop playing with yourselves.

Like!!!

#465709 - 03/18/12 09:29 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cordt or Mcglynn: Who is the bigger ahole?

#465713 - 03/18/12 09:57 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Even toss up. I would hate for my kid to play for either. Neither should be coaching kids. And no coach at this age should be coaching their own kid.

#465718 - 03/18/12 10:11 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Play for John Dewey. He has the cooperative answers.
BTW- Many don't use Dewey as a model anymore. He is a classic no question but not the only one.

#465866 - 03/19/12 04:00 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

CONTROL FREAKS!!!!

They should be locked away playing with eachother in a padded cell!!

#466266 - 03/22/12 10:36 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Both teams are different one plays nice possession.

The other kick and run. Both have good players but one team is younger.

McGlynn team will be much better in a year and year on year would cruch the Elite

#466336 - 03/22/12 08:16 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wee one 5 rings wanna be 0 rings.

#466346 - 03/22/12 10:06 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

5 rings?

#466764 - 03/26/12 06:18 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

The Parents who keep their kids playing there. Theyre all foolish A's in my book.
A good coach, can reach all kinds the kids.Some kids need to be pushed, some dont, none need to be verbly beat down.
If its not fun why would you play.Soon they will not want to play at all. Thanks to both of those A__ H___s

#466878 - 03/27/12 01:20 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

The Parents who keep their kids playing there. Theyre all foolish A's in my book.
A good coach, can reach all kinds the kids.Some kids need to be pushed, some dont, none need to be verbly beat down.
If its not fun why would you play.Soon they will not want to play at all. Thanks to both of those A__ H___s

Couldn't agree more. Had the game after these two teams played at the MSC tournament. Both coaches were screaming and yelling like lunatics but the Cosmos coach stood out. Cursed at his players and told one kid to get back on the f-ing field. Later found out it was his son. These guys shouldn't be allowed to get within 20 yards of youth soccer players or any kids.

#466885 - 03/27/12 01:50 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

So who is the Bigger ahole?

#466897 - 03/27/12 02:49 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Just a Dad Offline
Back of THE NET

Loc: Parts Unknown,USA

Couldn't agree more. Had the game after these two teams played at the MSC tournament. Both coaches were screaming and yelling like lunatics but the Cosmos coach stood out. Cursed at his players and told one kid to get back on the f-ing field. Later found out it was his son. These guys shouldn't be allowed to get within 20 yards of youth soccer players or any kids.

What happened to Zero Tolerance?

They have for the players if they say ^%&$%

Give the Red Card

#466909 - 03/27/12 03:16 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Just a Dad]
Anonymous
Unregistered

what happened? your kid did not make either team?

#467361 - 03/31/12 04:25 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Paul McGlynn is one of the best coaches in the country !He teaches coaching at the Cosmos and those kids are lucky to be on his team. If you don't like your son sitting on the bench than just leave. He will be cut at the end of the season so why wait.

#467490 - 04/01/12 05:17 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

[quote=Anonymous]Paul McGlynn is one of the best coaches in the country !He teaches coaching at the Cosmos and those kids are lucky to be on his team. If you don't like your son sitting on the bench than just leave. He will be cut at the end of the season so why wait.

Just remember that there will always be another kid that comes along, so your kid could be next to sit on the bench!

#468090 - 04/04/12 10:20 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

This is another A hole comment!
Again, Why would a child (or why would a parent allow) want to be verbally abused in a after school activity? U.S. Youth, U.S. Club, Pre Academy are all Recreation.These actions will effect these Children for the rest of their lives. WAKE UP
COACHES ( Good Coaches) TEACH!!
Youth Coaches are to Teach more then the game.
The Coaches we are talking about, want to force or beat things into children.
Yes, the score board shows some success but, not because of teaching, Its because of Pouching and then set in fear with constant reinforced Verbal abuse.
Lets stop and think, when youth soccer is long gone how did it effect our Children? Positive or Negative.
1# reason kids play; TO HAVE FUN ! is yours?

#468187 - 04/04/12 04:23 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Again, Why would a child (or why would a parent allow) want to be verbally abused in a after school activity? U.S. Youth, U.S. Club, Pre Academy are all Recreation.These actions will effect these Children for the rest of their lives. WAKE UP
Yes, the score board shows some success but, not because of teaching, Its because of Pouching and then set in fear with constant reinforced Verbal abuse.
Lets stop and think, when youth soccer is long gone how did it effect our Children? Positive or Negative.

U15 and under I would agree that youre right on.You left out that these players under those conditions also lose their creativity under the brow beat coaching style and does more harm then good however, U16 USSF and up is a different animal. Pro conditions is a doggy dog world.Haveing fun now will go a long way at U16.

#468190 - 04/04/12 04:38 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

[quote=Anonymous]Paul McGlynn is one of the best coaches in the country !He teaches coaching at the Cosmos and those kids are lucky to be on his team. If you don't like your son sitting on the bench than just leave. He will be cut at the end of the season so why wait.

Just remember that there will always be another kid that comes along, so your kid could be next to sit on the bench!

How do they expect these so called high end pre acadmey players to develope with out play time?? it makes no sense. Its all B/S. Another poster said it best "Fun" where is it? Not on the bench. Development, where is it? not on the bench.

#468212 - 04/04/12 06:29 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Poaching??? Dix Hills has had the same players since their 9 years old. That is called development and success. DH is a true in town team with additions as rosters grew. Not only the same players on that team from the beginning of time, but are winning along the way. And believe that they are having a FUN time doing it,

#468528 - 04/07/12 02:22 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Only a lawsuit against the Cosmos/Gottschee and Sela Sport will make them change their attitude for these abused kids.
i here some parents are already playing with the idea.
time will tell

#468579 - 04/08/12 01:48 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I remember the day a Gottschee coach came up to me and told me how great my son was and how he should play for him at Gottschee. Not having played the game myself and having no experience we went even though we were warned by my son's coach. At first it was great having my son on a winning team so I didn't mind all the sacrifices. Sitting on the LIE all those nights for practice. Giving up every weekend and Holiday with my family all that time and money wasted for the Glory of Gottschee. My life was led by the Gottschee Parents Code of Conduct which included staying off Back of the Net ! It was all good until my son went from the star of the team to the bench and there he sat. The coach even sat me down to tell me all the things that were wrong with my son like I was the one who was to correct them and all I could think is HE's the coach why am I PAYING him. Even the elusive Ben Boehm who seems to appear and just as quickly disappear at games gave my son some generic advise. I watched this happen to other kids over the years never thinking one day it would be my son. He quit soccer and doesn't want to ever play again all thanks to my stupidity and the Gottschee way !

#468597 - 04/08/12 08:01 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Larry Miller]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Why does Ben Boehm bring to mind the big scary green head from the Wizard of Oz?

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

(Now picture Ben scurrying off behind the metal bleachers at Brennan field.)

#468723 - 04/09/12 06:40 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Poaching??? Dix Hills has had the same players since their 9 years old. That is called development and success. DH is a true in town team with additions as rosters grew. Not only the same players on that team from the beginning of time, but are winning along the way. And believe that they are having a FUN time doing it,

Little do you know. Having fun? why is most of the team now training with another team or teams? your loyalty is leaving you left out. Wake up, take your kid far away from that mess.

#468724 - 04/09/12 06:47 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I remember the day a Gottschee coach came up to me and told me how great my son was and how he should play for him at Gottschee. Not having played the game myself and having no experience we went even though we were warned by my son's coach. At first it was great having my son on a winning team so I didn't mind all the sacrifices. Sitting on the LIE all those nights for practice. Giving up every weekend and Holiday with my family all that time and money wasted for the Glory of Gottschee. My life was led by the Gottschee Parents Code of Conduct which included staying off Back of the Net ! It was all good until my son went from the star of the team to the bench and there he sat. The coach even sat me down to tell me all the things that were wrong with my son like I was the one who was to correct them and all I could think is HE's the coach why am I PAYING him. Even the elusive Ben Boehm who seems to appear and just as quickly disappear at games gave my son some generic advise. I watched this happen to other kids over the years never thinking one day it would be my son. He quit soccer and doesn't want to ever play again all thanks to my stupidity and the Gottschee way !

Sad story but heard it so many times before.Its just another story of a Club and or Coach who kill players, which kill the sport.

#468818 - 04/10/12 11:41 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Little do you know. Having fun? why is most of the team now training with another team or teams? your loyalty is leaving you left out. Wake up, take your kid far away from that mess.
JEALOUSY is a terrible thing

#468914 - 04/11/12 10:31 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Lets see what happens at the end of the season. maybe then the alarm will hit you the the head.

#468946 - 04/11/12 01:38 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have to say that reading your post brought back some memories, but my expirenece the BWG was nothing but positive. my older son played on BWG from when he was U9 through U12. We lived in queens when he started and then we moved out to long Island.. I spent many an evening driving from the city to long island and then grabing my son only to head back into the city again for pracitice at Brennen field. But I have to say that the expirience was worth it. tha atmosphere was great at the field with all the tams practicing at the same location. And we gound the training very good at the field because if another coach from one of the other teams saw that a player waas doing something wrong, he would instruct the player. it was like you had multipule trainers. The problem we had was when I just could not make the trip back into the city all the time so we had to find a club in long island. Thats when my son got discouraged with all the political bs going on and the best players didn't get the time they deserved on the field. Thats when my son said he had enough and went on to other sports. You may not like some of the antics of the coaches on BWG. But the same can be said for any club on long island, be honest. But the one thing you can say about the coaches at BWG is that they are honest with the parents when their child is good. They will tell you when you kid is not good enough and will not be getting playing time. In my experience this is when all of a sudden the parents have problems with the coaches

#468951 - 04/11/12 01:49 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

[quote=Anonymous]I remember the day a Gottschee coach came up to me and told me how great my son was and how he should play for him at Gottschee. Not having played the game myself and having no experience we went even though we were warned by my son's coach. At first it was great having my son on a winning team so I didn't mind all the sacrifices. Sitting on the LIE all those nights for practice. Giving up every weekend and Holiday with my family all that time and money wasted for the Glory of Gottschee. My life was led by the Gottschee Parents Code of Conduct which included staying off Back of the Net ! It was all good until my son went from the star of the team to the bench and there he sat. The coach even sat me down to tell me all the things that were wrong with my son like I was the one who was to correct them and all I could think is HE's the coach why am I PAYING him. Even the elusive Ben Boehm who seems to appear and just as quickly disappear at games gave my son some generic advise. I watched this happen to other kids over the years never thinking one day it would be my son. He quit soccer and doesn't want to ever play again all thanks to my stupidity and the Gottschee way !

I have to say that reading your post brought back some memories, but my expirenece the BWG was nothing but positive. my older son played on BWG from when he was U9 through U12. We lived in queens when he started and then we moved out to long Island.. I spent many an evening driving from the city to long island and then grabing my son only to head back into the city again for pracitice at Brennen field. But I have to say that the expirience was worth it. tha atmosphere was great at the field with all the tams practicing at the same location. And we gound the training very good at the field because if another coach from one of the other teams saw that a player waas doing something wrong, he would instruct the player. it was like you had multipule trainers. The problem we had was when I just could not make the trip back into the city all the time so we had to find a club in long island. Thats when my son got discouraged with all the political bs going on and the best players didn't get the time they deserved on the field. Thats when my son said he had enough and went on to other sports. You may not like some of the antics of the coaches on BWG. But the same can be said for any club on long island, be honest. But the one thing you can say about the coaches at BWG is that they are honest with the parents when their child is good. They will tell you when you kid is not good enough and will not be getting playing time. In my experience this is when all of a sudden the parents have problems with the coaches

Parents have problems when politics play a role.

#468954 - 04/11/12 02:07 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Parents have problems when politics play a role.

This should actually read "Parents have problems when their kids are involved". Far more accurate. Few parents can honestly assess their own child's ability each year as they get older. The one who was the star at U-7 suddenly finds they are just another average player at U-14. That's when they sit more then play and the parents go nuts because they remember only the U-7 star. If playing time and fun are all you want, then find a lower division team with no aspirations other than playing and you'll be fine. Once you want more, then you need to learn how to objectively look at your own child.

If you don’t want politics and just want to play, then find a team where the coach has no child on the team, is not a board member of the club, and doesn’t get paid for what they do. Then you will have the best chance for just playing the game for fun!

#468955 - 04/11/12 02:11 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Lets see what happens at the end of the season. maybe then the alarm will hit you the the head.
no worries. players come and go. sure many players would like to be on a team that is in top 5 in country and accepted to all top brackets in top tournaments. one players loss is anothers opportunity knocking. really no options to go anywhere. seems that the grass is rotting on the other side, definitely not greener.

#468963 - 04/11/12 02:56 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

[quote]Parents have problems when politics play a role.

This should actually read "Parents have problems when their kids are involved". Far more accurate. Few parents can honestly assess their own child's ability each year as they get older. The one who was the star at U-7 suddenly finds they are just another average player at U-14. That's when they sit more then play and the parents go nuts because they remember only the U-7 star. If playing time and fun are all you want, then find a lower division team with no aspirations other than playing and you'll be fine. Once you want more, then you need to learn how to objectively look at your own child.

If you don’t want politics and just want to play, then find a team where the coach has no child on the team, is not a board member of the club, and doesn’t get paid for what they do. Then you will have the best chance for just playing the game for fun!

Its absolutely no different at Albyland with Riley and his misfit training staff. If you 'show me the money' on a regular basis you. are more or less guaranteed your place on any team , is the Riley way
.Most parents find this out, the hard way, when their kids reach 16 or 17 and he then dumps them, for the poached kids , who he then claims as his own,

#468972 - 04/11/12 04:00 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

[quote=Anonymous] [quote]Parents have problems when politics play a role.

Its absolutely no different at Albyland with Riley and his misfit training staff. If you 'show me the money' on a regular basis you. are more or less guaranteed your place on any team , is the Riley way
.Most parents find this out, the hard way, when their kids reach 16 or 17 and he then dumps them, for the poached kids , who he then claims as his own,

So your saying perception is a bitch for some ? I will give you that but if your a player eventually your seen.

#468994 - 04/11/12 05:57 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Are you implying some players pay the coach under the table for PT?

#469365 - 04/15/12 05:18 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Why does Ben Boehm bring to mind the big scary green head from the Wizard of Oz?

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

(Now picture Ben scurrying off behind the metal bleachers at Brennan field.)

I find it odd that a man with no children and claims to not have made a dime from Gottschee in his over 40 years at the club spends so much of his time running a youth soccer club. From what I understand he was a NYC school teacher so he must have some patience to be surrounded by children his entire life. WOW what a guy ?

#476297 - 05/18/12 10:19 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I believe that paul is a great coach and that he cares about his players. He is an outstanding coach and he always has a smile on his face. Therefore i have no clue what you guys are talking bout. My son loves Paul and feels that he is the best coach that he will ever have and he hopes that paul will always be his coach in the future.

#476301 - 05/18/12 10:42 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

I believe that paul is a great coach and that he cares about his players. He is an outstanding coach and he always has a smile on his face. Therefore i have no clue what you guys are talking bout. My son loves Paul and feels that he is the best coach that he will ever have and he hopes that paul will always be his coach in the future.

What a croc of whale [****]. Your son hopes Paul will always be his coach into the future? Really? The apple dint fall far from the tree in your backyard, did it?

#476325 - 05/19/12 09:52 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Larry Miller]
Anonymous
Unregistered

signed by Pauls wife, under duress.

Stay far away from him . Psycho

#476332 - 05/19/12 10:53 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

You must be the parent that Paul sold the Triborough bridge to.

#476350 - 05/19/12 01:58 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Paul's kid used to run around on the field sobbing as his father screamed at him and the team during games. Yeah, he's just a fine chap. Stay away. If he treats his own kid like that in front of people, just think about what he may do when no one is watching.

#476358 - 05/19/12 02:58 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Any updates on what will happen with BWG going into the fall? Will they still have academy designation? Are players sticking with the teams?

#476360 - 05/19/12 03:01 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Paul is the biggest DICK you will ever meet.
He knows nothing about soccer and walks around like he's Gods gift to FIFA. He treats players, parents, other coaches and refs like [****]. He claims to be the greatest coach Gotchee has ever had and his kid the best player the world has ever seen. His team which his son is on is the worst performing team at the club and you can look that up. U12 Blue & White teams in FIRST, 97's were UNDEFEATED in last 14 games, 96's FIRST place. So Paul what do you have to say for yourself ? DICK !

#476393 - 05/19/12 05:48 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

you missed a spot liking PM's balls. btw, if your goal is to increase your kids chances with all this butt kissing, you should put you name on it.

#476411 - 05/19/12 06:39 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

He knows nothing about soccer and walks around like he's Gods gift to FIFA. He treats players, parents, other coaches and refs like [****]. He claims to be the greatest coach Gotchee has ever had and his kid the best player the world has ever seen. His team which his son is on is the worst performing team at the club and you can look that up. U12 Blue & White teams in FIRST, 97's were UNDEFEATED in last 14 games, 96's FIRST place. So Paul what do you have to say for yourself ? DICK !

I've seen Paul yell at any Fathers because he knows he would get his ass kicked. Paul your a PUSSY

#476414 - 05/19/12 07:02 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've never seen Paul yell at any Fathers because he knows he would get his ass kicked. Paul your a PUSSY

#476588 - 05/20/12 05:00 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've never seen Paul yell at any Fathers because he knows he would get his ass kicked. Paul your a PUSSY

McGlynn can't say anything because he got SMACKED by Albertson.
cry

#476617 - 05/20/12 07:44 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

2-1, playing up is a smacking. You are sure a douche who is in need of a smacking.

#476623 - 05/20/12 08:05 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

2-1, playing up is a smacking. You are sure a douche who is in need of a smacking.

Paul, your team is a pre Academy team and supposed to have the BEST players so it must be the coach. You are only playing up 6 months just like the U12's who won today. great job DICK

#476627 - 05/20/12 08:30 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

The score was 1-0, not 2-1. The game was close and I am a parent from Albertson.

#476636 - 05/20/12 08:43 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

The score was 1-0, not 2-1. The game was close and I am a parent from Albertson.

The score was 1-0, not 2-1. The game was not close it was Albertsons B team, we had no chance and I am a Cosmos parent.

#477451 - 05/24/12 10:23 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

BWG sent this out:

Parents,
There were many parents missing from the meeting Monday, so here is a
recap of what happened.
Regarding fees for next year, the actual cost per child not including travel is $2800.
The club via cosmos sponsorship and fundraising will absorb $1600 per child.
Accordingly, the cost for the pre-academy will be $1200 for the year, which
will be payable in two installments. The club has gone above and beyond to
make this affordable and the least expensive Pre academy club in the tri state area.

Please note that the $1,200 DOES NOT INCLUDE:
Uniforms (which will cost approximately $275-$300)
All Travel and tournament fees

Tryouts are June 14th, 21st and 28th. Team will be picked by July 1st.
However, I need to know what your intentions are for next year and what
your financial situation is by this coming Friday.

Thanks

#477466 - 05/24/12 11:08 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

There is also mandatory fundraising that adds another $300-400 to the fee so fees are now about $2,000 plus tournament and travel costs.

#477552 - 05/24/12 04:46 PM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

BWG sent this out:

Parents,
There were many parents missing from the meeting Monday, so here is a
recap of what happened.
Regarding fees for next year, the actual cost per child not including travel is $2800.
The club via cosmos sponsorship and fundraising will absorb $1600 per child.
Accordingly, the cost for the pre-academy will be $1200 for the year, which
will be payable in two installments. The club has gone above and beyond to
make this affordable and the least expensive Pre academy club in the tri state area.

Please note that the $1,200 DOES NOT INCLUDE:
Uniforms (which will cost approximately $275-$300)
All Travel and tournament fees

Tryouts are June 14th, 21st and 28th. Team will be picked by July 1st.
However, I need to know what your intentions are for next year and what
your financial situation is by this coming Friday.

Thanks

The reason parent were missing is because they are not coming back you idiots !

#477620 - 05/25/12 01:12 AM Re: The Cosmos Academy, And The Blau-Weiss Gottschee Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

McGlynn can't say anything because he got SMACKED by Albertson.
cry

It's true that Paul is a dick but Albertson didn't smack us.

Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 ... 45 46 >
Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  Arielle, Larry Miller, ZiggyRowe 
Tournaments

Fall & Columbus Weekend
MAPS Fall Challenge
East Islip Fall Classic
Northport SC
Fall EDP Cup
Parsippany Pride
RVSC College Showcase
FC Westchester
Soccer Coliseum 5v5
Syosset u6 - u9
EDP College Showcase
MAPS Cup (Girls)
Winter Classic
All Winter Events
Coleman Country
Rough Riders
Soccer Coliseum
KK Athletics
Coastal
SUSA
Rockland CC
Sports Underdome
BOCA Training
2015 Tournaments
Manhattan Pre-Spring Kickoff
RYSA Wildcats Labor Day
Sponsors

Globall Sports Centers
Soccer Leagues
Soccer Tournaments
Training Clinics
Birthday Parties
Field Rentals
LI Rough Riders
Training Program
Soccer Camps
Jr. Rough Riders
Rough Riders Select
Men's & Women's Tickets
SUSA Bubble Lindenhurst
Youth Leagues
Tournaments
Adult Leagues
Training & Academy Programs
Field Rentals
Summer League
Soccer Coliseum
Tournaments
Training
Youth Leagues
Adult Leagues
Premier Soccer Academy
Tournaments
Youth Academy ID Camps
Camps
Coaching Services
Kickin’ Kiddie Program
Who's Online
13 registered (forthekids1023, ZiggyRowe, CJ Orlando, Larry Miller, ab1234, TCarlson, GG1 N J18, Skimat, TNT Soccer, felix, Freddie, DHVillain, chilibean), 977 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Boys NPL Listing
Brentwood | Bklyn Italians | Everton Amer. | Eastern FC | East Meadow SC | Massapequa | STA Soccer | NY Elite | HOTA | Parsippany SC | Princeton SC | Soccer Plus Acad. |

Click Here!

Copyright (c) Back of THE NET 1993 - 2014