Premier League
NERP
Colonial League
2014-2015 ENY (State) Cup
Challenge Cup U10-U12
Challenge Cup U13-U19
Open Cup
New Jersey Leagues
Northern Counties | CJYSA | JAGS | Morris County | Metro | Jersey Coast | Monmouth Ocean | Mid-Jersey | South Jersey | South Jersey Girls |
ECNL
ECNL Standings
EDP Fall 2014
Brackets
Schedules
NSCAA HS & College Rankings
USSF Academies
USSF Academy Schedules
US Soccer
Coaching Drills
Girls NPL Listing
Aztec Soccer | Brentwood | ISA | Massapequa | Massachusetts Premier | STA | NEFC | NJ Crush | NJSA04 | NY Rush | NR Sting | Oakwood | Parsippany SC | Seacoast Utd. | Yankee Utd. |
Latest Tryout Posts
GU14 Keeper looking to guest play....
by Lazers
Yesterday at 12:03 PM
Commack Lazers D5E looking for Goalie
by Lazers
Yesterday at 11:46 AM
Looking for Suffolk BU13 Premier players LGN United
by LGN Coach
08/29/14 09:40 PM
Newest Members
sanderling, nbtbspa, Viperettes, BELLPOP, mister516
13279 Registered Users
BOTN Photo Gallery
Hubie Hamburgers
Page 38 of 59 < 1 2 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 58 59 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#452284 - 11/05/11 09:28 AM Re: Girls Fall 2011 High School Varsity Soccer [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

they also won in 2006 and 2007

Junior Soccer Advertisements

Click Here!

#452285 - 11/05/11 09:29 AM Re: Girls Fall 2011 High School Varsity Soccer [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Anonymous
Go to the SJB v SA championship game tonight at Adelphi. There will be over 2000 fans there (lots of college coaches too)!
No thanks we were talking about public schools and the brand of soccer. Private schools are a little different. Thats why you spend $6000 to $8000 a year and get better coaches and hopefully a better education. And 2000 people not.

#452286 - 11/05/11 09:32 AM Re: Girls Fall 2011 High School Varsity Soccer [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

While I strongly disagree that high school soccer is a disaster, I must point out that some of our kids do make great friends through club soccer as well. I know that in my daughters case , some of her best friends have come from her club experience and not from the boundaries of her school district. The kids that play on a HS team are thrown together based on geography and the skill level of that team can vary from a strong group of talented players to those cases where there are a few shining stars.
Where some kids are very talented ,and wish to focus more on their sport, as well as attract the attention of college coaches, club soccer only makes sense. Is there anything wrong with that ?
We should let our kids decide where and what is of value and from where they will take their greatest memories.

So move to Massapequa so your kid can play with her teammates in school ball too.

#452291 - 11/05/11 09:59 AM Re: Girls Fall 2011 High School Varsity Soccer [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

While I strongly disagree that high school soccer is a disaster, I must point out that some of our kids do make great friends through club soccer as well. I know that in my daughters case , some of her best friends have come from her club experience and not from the boundaries of her school district. The kids that play on a HS team are thrown together based on geography and the skill level of that team can vary from a strong group of talented players to those cases where there are a few shining stars.
Where some kids are very talented ,and wish to focus more on their sport, as well as attract the attention of college coaches, club soccer only makes sense. Is there anything wrong with that ?
We should let our kids decide where and what is of value and from where they will take their greatest memories.

So true.
My daughter plays on a fairly high level club team, as well as her HS team.
Universally, the parents of the more skilled players bemoan the "waste of time"
Coincidentally, all of the girls love playing for school pride.
People,(A) it's two different animals, and (B) it aint up to us.

#452294 - 11/05/11 10:11 AM Re: Girls Fall 2011 High School Varsity Soccer [Re: Anonymous]
John F. Offline
Back of THE NET

How are the ref's picked for a championship game ? Went to a game last night and 1 ref was good and let the kids play , and 1 ref was just plain horrible. Are they rewarded on a point basis from the regular season ? Just curious ! Not blaming the ref for the outcome of the game , as the better team on the field last night won the game , but just curious how the ref's are picked. I know its a thankless job , but the one ref was the worst I have seen all year. Does anyone have a clue how they are picked ?

I can't give the specifics for LI, as I don't officiate there. However, in high school soccer there is a ranking system for officials based on experience and coach's ratings. Those refs who work playoff games are usually required to be in the top 2 or 3 levels of the ranking system.

That system in theory sounds quite logical. Unhappily, due to human nature that is a system which has some big disadvantages. Some officials have been known to refrain from making controversial calls because of rankings, while many coaches grade the officials based on whether or not the players met the coach's expectations for that game (strangely, not necessarily if they won or lost). Additionally, the starting times of school games often forbid many officials from working very many, which can skewer the experience factor.

From your description of this game, however, it sounds as though you saw a major drawback of the 2 whistle system. That has nothing to do with the playoff selection system, and can occur in any NFHS game. A few weeks ago I officiated in such a game.

I generally let the players play, and in that game I was worried the other ref might wear out his whistle before the end of the match. :-) That is not to say he was wrong and I was right, or vice versa. If either of us had been in the center on a 3 man system, things would have been consistent and alright. As it was, however, the officiating was inconsistent and consequently unfair to the players.

#452297 - 11/05/11 10:41 AM Re: Girls Fall 2011 High School Varsity Soccer [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

$6,000-$8,000 doesnt even come close. and yes there is better coaching at better quality schools.

#452301 - 11/05/11 11:18 AM Re: Girls Fall 2011 High School Varsity Soccer [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

really newsday,Islip upsets previously undefeated ,#1 seeded Sayville,and the only mention of it in Newsday is the box score?!Where's the respect for girls high school soccer,I do see a nice big article on Boys Brentwood HS playoff game-classic!!!!

#452303 - 11/05/11 11:41 AM Re: Girls Fall 2011 High School Varsity Soccer [Re: Anonymous]
John F. Offline
Back of THE NET

Not sure how DP can complain. If anything the goalie is the one waiting for the whistle to blow. DP shooter shoots and misses and of story, where is the controversy? Hold your heads up high, not only did you take the county #1 to PKs you came back in overtime to push them to the brink. Amazing job by those girls!! Why would they ruin that effort with this. DP should be above that plain and simple. Years ago Northport was gifted a win against Smithtown in the PKs when the refs screwed up the "sudden death" shooter (one for one after the original 6) Smithtown scored on shooter 6 and NP missed game should have ended, but refs made both teams shoot another 5 each.Northport won and advanced. That was a travesty. The right team was victorious in this game.

I've already addressed the situation in the game a few days ago, but this post contains an error regarding the Northport vs. Smithtown game played long ago. The officials' actions in that game were correct as well.

Rules for a shootout are different in NFHS than FIFA. In FIFA, if tied after 5 shooters the teams kick 1 vs. 1. In NFHS, however, another 5 players from each team are selected and it starts again with best of 5. Because of that, Northport correctly advanced that year.

Edited by John F. (11/05/11 11:48 AM)

#452313 - 11/05/11 01:24 PM Re: Girls Fall 2011 High School Varsity Soccer [Re: Anonymous]
Powderfinger Offline
Back of THE NET

really newsday,Islip upsets previously undefeated ,#1 seeded Sayville,and the only mention of it in Newsday is the box score?!Where's the respect for girls high school soccer,I do see a nice big article on Boys Brentwood HS playoff game-classic!!!!

Probably because Sayville lost. IME, Sayville always gets a lot of press especially when they're on top. Furthermore, girls' sports generate less press than boys', and no one gets as much press as Class AA and football. Class D State winners are lucky if they get a paragraph tacked on to the end of a big write-up of the AA game.

#452329 - 11/05/11 04:58 PM Re: Girls Fall 2011 High School Varsity Soccer [Re: Powderfinger]
Anonymous
Unregistered

#2 Northport will face #1 Ward Melville in the AA Finals!!!!

#452330 - 11/05/11 05:12 PM Re: Girls Fall 2011 High School Varsity Soccer [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

can you say club coaches happy to get their players back from the disaster known as high school soccer?

Oh Yeah, big disaster...the closest our kids come to playing any sport purely for the fun of it! You know, like we all grew up doing but now don't remember & don't understand our kids enjoying

Please give it a rest...trying to downgrade the value of school ball thrills because it seems like a waste of time to parents that have become sideline experts of the game & know their kids can't possibly get anything worthwhile from a dumb school team that's not charging $150/mo trainers fees while promising they hold the secret password to college scholarships!

Stop already! It's their school team, their classmates & friends, their dedication & their experience...no further explanation or rationalization needed. It's theirs & they enjoy owning it win or lose! Winning is always more fun but they can deal with whatever it brings as a group of teammates that have sacrificed for each other as well as themselves...why can't that be good enough for all of us in the stands?

They will be back on the college soccer trail soon enough & all the better for it...JASD

I was at the Ward Melville Brentwood game today, There were at least 500 fans there rooting for their teams. There were parents schoolmates and just local residents who came down to watch. When was the last time you saw that at a club game. This is what your children will remember. These are their glory days. They get to walk around school with pride and be part of a community. THATS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT. Club teams play a higher level with more skill but your kids will cherish these days.

go to a so called high level game....the spectators sidelines will not even have more than 50 people.
Sorry but there could be 20 to 30 college coaches at these games from all over the country. Bet you there were less then two coaches at your game. For sure they were local schools also.

keep on dreaming and spending big bucks to go to college showcase...

#452331 - 11/05/11 05:23 PM Re: Girls Fall 2011 High School Varsity Soccer [Re: John F.]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: John F.
Not sure how DP can complain. If anything the goalie is the one waiting for the whistle to blow. DP shooter shoots and misses and of story, where is the controversy? Hold your heads up high, not only did you take the county #1 to PKs you came back in overtime to push them to the brink. Amazing job by those girls!! Why would they ruin that effort with this. DP should be above that plain and simple. Years ago Northport was gifted a win against Smithtown in the PKs when the refs screwed up the "sudden death" shooter (one for one after the original 6) Smithtown scored on shooter 6 and NP missed game should have ended, but refs made both teams shoot another 5 each.Northport won and advanced. That was a travesty. The right team was victorious in this game.

I've already addressed the situation in the game a few days ago, but this post contains an error regarding the Northport vs. Smithtown game played long ago. The officials' actions in that game were correct as well.

Rules for a shootout are different in NFHS than FIFA. In FIFA, if tied after 5 shooters the teams kick 1 vs. 1. In NFHS, however, another 5 players from each team are selected and it starts again with best of 5. Because of that, Northport correctly advanced that year.

Sorry but you're WRONG in NFHS rules after the first five shooters 5 more are selected, but it's a golden goal situation. If shoot 6 scores for the first team and shooter 6 misses for the other the game is over. Northport coach stole that win away from Smithtown East

#452332 - 11/05/11 05:27 PM Re: Girls Fall 2011 High School Varsity Soccer [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

#2 Northport will face #1 Ward Melville in the AA Finals!!!!

The WI coach pulled all 11 starters off the field with 10 minutes left because they were losing 3-0! Nice way to show respect for a group of kids that were 15-3 coming in and made the county finals last year. THAT'S EMBARRASSING AND CLASSLESS!

#452333 - 11/05/11 05:28 PM Re: Girls Fall 2011 High School Varsity Soccer [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

$6,000-$8,000 doesnt even come close. and yes there is better coaching at better quality schools.

If public schools could only recruit their own players

#452334 - 11/05/11 05:37 PM Re: Girls Fall 2011 High School Varsity Soccer [Re: Powderfinger]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Powderfinger
[quote=Anonymous]really newsday,Islip upsets previously undefeated ,#1 seeded Sayville,and the only mention of it in Newsday is the box score?!Where's the respect for girls high school soccer,I do see a nice big article on Boys Brentwood HS playoff game-classic!!!!

Probably because Sayville lost. IME, Sayville always gets a lot of press especially when they're on top. Furthermore, girls' sports generate less press than boys', and no one gets as much press as Class AA and football. Class D State winners are lucky if they get a paragraph tacked on to the end of a big write-up of the AA game. [/quote. It's so obvious prob someone from news day lives in sayville whenever they win anything there is a big article and at least 2 pictures. I was shocked this morning to see not one paragraph about it. So Weak! Islip deserved better.

Page 38 of 59 < 1 2 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 58 59 >

Moderator:  Arielle, Larry Miller, ZiggyRowe 
Fall & Columbus Weekend
MAPS Fall Challenge
East Islip Fall Classic
Northport SC
Fall EDP Cup
Parsippany Pride
RVSC College Showcase
FC Westchester
Coleman Country
Winter Indoor
Coleman Country
Sports Underdome
2015 Tournaments
Manhattan Pre-Spring Kickoff
RYSA Wildcats Labor Day
Sponsors

Globall Sports Centers
Soccer Leagues
Soccer Tournaments
Training Clinics
Birthday Parties
Field Rentals
LI Rough Riders
Training Program
Soccer Camps
Jr. Rough Riders
Rough Riders Select
Men's & Women's Tickets
SUSA Bubble Lindenhurst
Youth Leagues
Tournaments
Adult Leagues
Training & Academy Programs
Field Rentals
Summer League
Soccer Coliseum
Tournaments
Training
Youth Leagues
Adult Leagues
Premier Soccer Academy
Tournaments
Youth Academy ID Camps
Camps
Coaching Services
Kickiní Kiddie Program
Who's Online
1 registered (Larry Miller), 427 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Boys NPL Listing
Brentwood | Bklyn Italians | Everton Amer. | Eastern FC | East Meadow SC | Massapequa | STA Soccer | NY Elite | HOTA | Parsippany SC | Princeton SC | Soccer Plus Acad. |

Click Here!

Copyright (c) Back of THE NET 1993 - 2014