National League
2014-2015 ENY (State) Cup
Challenge Cup U10-U12
Challenge Cup U13-U19
Open Cup
Soccer Toons
Swimming v. Soccer
New Jersey Leagues
Northern Counties | CJYSA | JAGS | Morris County | Metro | Jersey Coast | Monmouth Ocean | Mid-Jersey | South Jersey | South Jersey Girls |
ECNL
ECNL Standings
EDP Fall 2014
Brackets
Schedules
NSCAA HS & College Rankings
USSF Academies
USSF Academy Schedules
US Soccer
Coaching Drills
Girls NPL Listing
Brentwood | ISA | Massapequa | Manhattan SC | STA | NYSC | NJ Crush | NY Rush | Quickstrike FC |
Latest Tryout Posts
Bellmore Chelsea BU9 Open Tryouts
by coach dave 2012
10/31/14 09:38 AM
Bellmore Arsenal BU11 Open Tryouts
by coach dave 2012
10/31/14 09:37 AM
BOYS U-17 DIX HILLS WILD DAWGS
by LarryH
10/30/14 02:24 PM
Newest Members
redjoe, StrikeForce, SoccerPlayer94, Nando523, sal scrio
13330 Registered Users
Who's Online
12 registered (TCarlson, CJ Orlando, Larry Miller, Anyguy, DHVillain, Just a Dad, BrianPlatt, coach dave 2012, ZiggyRowe, Powderfinger, GG1 N J18, CSHSC Dynamite), 871 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
BOTN Photo Gallery
The 3rd Ave El
Page 50 of 206 < 1 2 ... 48 49 50 51 52 ... 205 206 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#451268 - 10/28/11 11:13 AM Re: BU-11 Fall2011/Spring2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

This is a ridiculous conversation.

Any coach and/or parent should want the best players on their team whether it is a boy or girl.

I miss the days when everyone was bashing the HBC All-Stars coach.

Predictions for this weekend?

S2
Smithtown 2 WB 1
Dix Hills 3 CSH 0
HBC 3 DP 2
Bayshore 3 Mt Sinai 3
Lake Grove 4 Babylon 0

Junior Soccer Advertisements

Click Here!

#451269 - 10/28/11 11:14 AM Re: BU-11 Fall2011/Spring2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Anonymous
My daughter guest played on a boys team this June...parents were hesitant at first....she was the play maker and set many of the boys up to score goals...then they were very supportive! Girls = team players, want the team to win, Boys = want to score for themselves.....Keep this in mind before thinking of kicking the girl to the curb!
I was with you until you wrote "Boys=" sorry to say but that is an ignorant statement, way too general and flat out wrong in a LOT of cases. MAYBE in your experience that is the impression you have gotten BUT if the coach is worth anything, that type of attitude in his players (IF it existed) would/should be replaced with TEAM FIRST approach. On our team I give the guy who makes the assist as much if not more credit in a lot of cases. You meant well but got carried away with yourself wink

#451273 - 10/28/11 11:35 AM Re: BU-11 Fall2011/Spring2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

My daughter guest played on a boys team this June...parents were hesitant at first....she was the play maker and set many of the boys up to score goals...then they were very supportive! Girls = team players, want the team to win, Boys = want to score for themselves.....Keep this in mind before thinking of kicking the girl to the curb!
I was with you until you wrote "Boys=" sorry to say but that is an ignorant statement, way too general and flat out wrong in a LOT of cases. MAYBE in your experience that is the impression you have gotten BUT if the coach is worth anything, that type of attitude in his players (IF it existed) would/should be replaced with TEAM FIRST approach. On our team I give the guy who makes the assist as much if not more credit in a lot of cases. You meant well but got carried away with yourself wink

Can my daughter play for your team?

#451303 - 10/28/11 02:33 PM Re: BU-11 Fall2011/Spring2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Read the orginal post. The poster is not upset with the girl playing on boys team, but the fact the coach made the decision without player or parent involvement. Since there are so many opinions on this subject you have to admit this controversy might disrupt a team. Who needs the aggravation. Also, the fact that there are so many opinions might cut down the pool of players that may want to join the team next season.

#451308 - 10/28/11 03:01 PM Re: BU-11 Fall2011/Spring2012 [Re: Anonymous]
CJ Orlando Online   content

Back of THE NET

Read the orginal post. The poster is not upset with the girl playing on boys team, but the fact the coach made the decision without player or parent involvement. Since there are so many opinions on this subject you have to admit this controversy might disrupt a team. Who needs the aggravation. Also, the fact that there are so many opinions might cut down the pool of players that may want to join the team next season.

I wonder if his son's coach asked the players and the team if it was alright when he joined the team. I wonder if any of the coaches do, does yours?

I think it is all so silly. If the girl can compete, good for her and good for the team. Like I said previously, the girl on my son's team added so much to the success of the team and when she moved to a girl's team at age U14, she brought much to that team because of the years she spent on the boys team.

#451309 - 10/28/11 03:04 PM Re: BU-11 Fall2011/Spring2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

No, the problem was her being a girl. If it was a boy being added without consulting the parents do you really think players would be threatening to quit the team? Either way, it's the coaches decision, not the parents. Parents should be consulted about such things as which tournaments to go to, what practice days are best for everyone, etc. The roster is the coaches domain.

#451313 - 10/28/11 03:15 PM Re: BU-11 Fall2011/Spring2012 [Re: Anonymous]

Back of THE NET

No, the problem was her being a girl. If it was a boy being added without consulting the parents do you really think players would be threatening to quit the team? Either way, it's the coaches decision, not the parents. Parents should be consulted about such things as which tournaments to go to, what practice days are best for everyone, etc. The roster is the coaches domain.

The boys have been really nice to her and are happy that she's there. NOT one boy had a problem with her. It was the putz parent!

#451314 - 10/28/11 03:20 PM Re: BU-11 Fall2011/Spring2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Any coach and/or parent should want the best players on their team whether it is a boy or girl.

S2
Smithtown 2 WB 1
Dix Hills 3 CSH 0
HBC 3 DP 2
Bayshore 3 Mt Sinai 3
Lake Grove 4 Babylon 0
I think you have Babylon game right wink

#451315 - 10/28/11 03:22 PM Re: BU-11 Fall2011/Spring2012 [Re: CJ Orlando]
Anonymous
Unregistered

what a shame. players quiting over this. the coach should have taken that into consideration before making that decision. their domain????????teams would not exist without a parent putting there children in sports and paying money. obviously their input matters.

#451317 - 10/28/11 03:26 PM Re: BU-11 Fall2011/Spring2012 [Re: Anonymous]

Back of THE NET

what a shame. players quiting over this. the coach should have taken that into consideration before making that decision. their domain????????teams would not exist without a parent putting there children in sports and paying money. obviously their input matters.

Hellllloooooooo... No one is quitting over this, can't you read??

The roster is the coach's domain... There would be no teams if they let the parents pick their players.. Gimme a break!

I sincerely hope that you people with the strange ideas are newbies or there is no hope for the future!

#451326 - 10/28/11 03:45 PM Re: BU-11 Fall2011/Spring2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've seen plenty of kids over the years getting kicked off of various travel teams due to parents giving too much "input". What is your specific problem with adding a girl?

#451335 - 10/28/11 05:03 PM Re: BU-11 Fall2011/Spring2012 [Re: Larry Miller]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Soccermoms, Larry Miller is a groovy 1970's DJ that treats women like princesses. Please watch out for smooth ways and blue eyes.

#451336 - 10/28/11 05:26 PM Re: BU-11 Fall2011/Spring2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

If the storm is as bad as they are saying tomorrow and games get cancelled how does it work for making them up? Is there a weekend set for that or do the coaches try to set up the game on their own?

#451338 - 10/28/11 06:35 PM Re: BU-11 Fall2011/Spring2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: celtic8
It seems you are angry with the addition of a young lady to your boys team..I doubt your coach would add her if he didnt feel she was a positive to the team..i believe if a player,regardless of gender,that helps your team should be added..at a young age,as yours is,girls are typically bigger,listen better,and take direction better than boys.i know.i coached a boys premier team and i'd have given my arm for a few of our same age girls team players..It sounds as if you are a bit worried about your own kids playing time.Take it as a learning experience..dont make her feel unwanted,thats not fair...i also doubt that all of the parents feel as you do...let it play out and i bet it works out in a positive way.if you are digruntled then go..but give her a chance...btw..what is your soccer/sports expierence...its 2011...get out of the dark ages...good luck to you,your team and that special young lady who is taking a huge chance...she must be a brave kid..
Playing Devil's advocate here. Why has it always been ok for girls to play on boys teams but never the other way around ? Even say in a Guest Player capacity it is not allowed. Now most fathers/parents probably couldn't handle the thought of their son being the only boy on a girls team which I get but it wouldn't even be considered by anyone anyway is my point. This isn't the dark ages and I honestly feel that woman are definitely the stronger of the two genders with all they can juggle and do compared to men (sorry guys, just my opinion and yes, I'm a man) and there shouldn't even be this discussion because bottom line is if the player in question is equal or stronger then the boys her own age then that is all that should matter, I'm just bringing up the double standard that has always existed.

League rules prevent a boy playing on a girls team. If I remember correctly having a boy on an all girls team makes it a boys team. Not my opinion, just is the rule. LIJSL would have to change the rule as would many of the governing soccer bodies.

#451339 - 10/28/11 06:47 PM Re: BU-11 Fall2011/Spring2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

S2
Smithtown 2 WB 1
Dix Hills 3 CSH 0
HBC 3 DP 2
Bayshore 3 Mt Sinai 3
Lake Grove 4 Babylon 0

WB 3 Smithtown 1

Page 50 of 206 < 1 2 ... 48 49 50 51 52 ... 205 206 >

Moderator:  Arielle, Larry Miller, ZiggyRowe 
Intense Soccer Academy
Coleman Country
House of Sports
Xtreme Goalkeeping
Fall Tournaments
Kings Park SC
SC December Tournaments
MAPS Fall Challenge
RVSC College Showcase
Soccer Coliseum 5v5
EDP College Showcase
MAPS Cup (Girls)
Winter Classic
SUSA Winter Kickoff
KK Thanksgiving
WBSC College Showcase
Farmingdale Turkey Bowl
Winter Indoor
ASC Winter Programs
Armonk Indoor Programs
Coleman Country
Soccer Coliseum
Coastal League
SUSA League
SUSA Presidents Week
SUSA Xmas Tournament
SUSA Winter Skills
Rockland CC
Sports Underdome
Coindre Hall
BOCA Training
Quickstrike FC
KK MLK
KK XMAS
KK Presidents Day
KK Presidents Week
KK Goalkeeper Training
KK Winter League
KK Winter Skills
LIRR Futsal Training
LIRR Youth Leagues
LIRR Girls Training
LIRR Striker Training
LIRR Dutch Training
LIRR Goalkeeper Training
LIRR Veteran's Day Camp
LIRR Election Day Camp
MAPS Futsal
Soccer Coliseum Leagues
EISC Winter Skills
House of Sports
2015 Tournaments
Manhattan Pre-Spring Kickoff
RYSA Wildcats Labor Day
Adult Leagues
Coastal Men
SUSA Bubble
KK Athletics
Soccer Coliseum Men
Sponsors

Globall Sports Centers
Soccer Leagues
Soccer Tournaments
Training Clinics
Birthday Parties
Field Rentals
LI Rough Riders
Training Program
Soccer Camps
Jr. Rough Riders
Rough Riders Select
Men's & Women's Tickets
Soccer Coliseum
Tournaments
Training
Youth Leagues
Adult Leagues
SUSA Bubble Lindenhurst
Youth Leagues
Tournaments
Adult Leagues
Training & Academy Programs
Field Rentals
Summer League
Premier Soccer Academy
Tournaments
Youth Academy ID Camps
Camps
Coaching Services
Kickiní Kiddie Program
Boys NPL Listing
Brentwood | Bklyn Italians | Everton Amer. | Eastern FC | East Meadow SC | Massapequa | STA Soccer | NY Elite | HOTA | Parsippany SC | Princeton SC | Soccer Plus Acad. |

Click Here!

Copyright (c) Back of THE NET 1993 - 2014