Division 3
2014-2015 ENY (State) Cup
Challenge Cup U10-U12
Challenge Cup U13-U19
Open Cup
Soccer Toons
Traveling to a tournament
New Jersey Leagues
Northern Counties | CJYSA | JAGS | Morris County | Metro | Jersey Coast | Monmouth Ocean | Mid-Jersey | South Jersey | South Jersey Girls |
ECNL
ECNL Standings
EDP Fall 2014
Brackets
Schedules
NSCAA HS & College Rankings
USSF Academies
USSF Academy Schedules
US Soccer
Coaching Drills
Girls NPL Listing
Brentwood | ISA | Massapequa | Manhattan SC | STA | NYSC | NJ Crush | NY Rush | Quickstrike FC |
Latest Tryout Posts
The GU16 LGN Tsunami are looking for a few skilled and committed players
by L-GroveTsunami
10/21/14 07:48 AM
GU14 Hauppauge Stars looking for players for winter and beyond
by arenasoccer
10/21/14 07:16 AM
GU17 EDP/NYPL LONGWOOD TWISTERS
by lwtwisters
10/19/14 03:40 PM
Newest Members
gmendola, scharles, LisaLisa, kyle schiralli, Raiders13
13316 Registered Users
Who's Online
7 registered (TCarlson, Papadap, Larry Miller, GG1 N J18, MJDINO, Dave Birnbaum, WoodhavenSoccer), 976 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
BOTN Photo Gallery
The 3rd Ave El
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
New Reply
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#450268 - 10/20/11 01:25 PM Re: what is the difference with ODP state/regional and this ID2? [Re: Larry Miller]
Anonymous
Unregistered

10/23 is a Sunday correct?

These MTC's run by US Soccer are 2-3 hours long, one day only, within driving distance for those invited(per US Soccer website).

WHy would anyone in their right mind pull their kid out of school?! WTF Larry!!

Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Click Here!

#450280 - 10/20/11 02:14 PM Re: what is the difference with ODP state/regional and this ID2? [Re: Anonymous]
Larry Miller Online   happy
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

Loc: Greenwich Village
Originally Posted By: Anonymous

10/23 is a Sunday correct?

These MTC's run by US Soccer are 2-3 hours long, one day only, within driving distance for those invited(per US Soccer website).

WHy would anyone in their right mind pull their kid out of school?! WTF Larry!!

STARTS on 10/23

#450282 - 10/20/11 02:26 PM Re: what is the difference with ODP state/regional and this ID2? [Re: Larry Miller]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Larry Miller
Larry,

I agree with your stance on soccer and academics.

You are misinformed that US Soccer Market Training Centers "seem to be held while school is in session". My 97 son has been to two summer sessions, both weekend days early-to-late afternoon. If you go on the USSoccer website it lists all the previous training centers and they are always on weekend days. Where'd you get your facts??

I saw this morning in an email I get that there is another youth camp or practice for another of these US Soccer leagues or teams starting in Yenumsvelt somewhere on 10/23. Isn't there school next week?

Additionally I have also seen USCS events held where children have to miss school to travel to these events. Psssst!! Did you know it is against the law to pull your kids out of school for any of these youth events?

Pssst!! Watch the holier than thou...have you NEVER kept your child out from school for something you personally deemed worthwhile or important? If not, it still doesn't make you parent of the year!

Of course if your child is in a tenuous position at school than I guess your concerns would apply (and for those whose kids are doing great...the experience is well-worth it!)

#450285 - 10/20/11 02:37 PM Re: what is the difference with ODP state/regional and this ID2? [Re: Anonymous]
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

Larry,

You are misinformed that US Soccer Market Training Centers "seem to be held while school is in session". My 97 son has been to two summer sessions, both weekend days early-to-late afternoon. If you go on the USSoccer website it lists all the previous training centers and they are always on weekend days. Where'd you get your facts??

I saw this morning in an email I get that there is another youth camp or practice for another of these US Soccer leagues or teams starting in Yenumsvelt somewhere on 10/23. Isn't there school next week?

Additionally I have also seen USCS events held where children have to miss school to travel to these events. Psssst!! Did you know it is against the law to pull your kids out of school for any of these youth events?

Pssst!! Watch the holier than thou...have you NEVER kept your child out from school for something you personally deemed worthwhile or important? If not, it still doesn't make you parent of the year!

Of course if your child is in a tenuous position at school than I guess your concerns would apply (and for those whose kids are doing great...the experience is well-worth it!)

Actually, no I never did. Now the bigger question is did my parenting pay-off for my children or didn't it? Since they are both in their 20's are they still living at home or on their own? Are they finished with school or are continuing to attend? Did soccer influence my decision on what school each child should attend based on offers from some and none from others? Did soccer play a part in our search for college? Did we seek scholarship money or were we approached?

You may want to ask yourself those same questions.....and just so we are clear...an invitation to play or practice with the national youth team had it involved missing school as is the case I can tell you that it would never happen that either would miss school.

If you know anyone who personally knows me I'm confident they would tell you I mean what I say.

I have no idea where your head is at regarding the economy and the problem with graduates finding jobs, but I would sure suggest you all think long and hard. If you think soccer is in anyway the answer than you're smoking better stuff than I am rolling now.

#450287 - 10/20/11 03:29 PM Re: what is the difference with ODP state/regional and this ID2? [Re: Larry Miller]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I read the post about parents pulling their kids out of school for this ID camp, let's be honest here, parents pull kids out of school to go on cheaper vacations something I do not understand. You stay in school to learn and hopefully it leads to a good life. Going to sporting events, vacations or any other idiotic trips over school shows you where the head is.

This is similar to the school plan to allow kids to use their cell phones for group learning events, BAD IDEA, kids should not have cell phones in class but instead learn from a teacher.

#450290 - 10/20/11 03:36 PM Re: what is the difference with ODP state/regional and this ID2? [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I guess everyone talks just to talk.

ID2... excellent experience. level of play- incredible. Run IMPECCABLY-highly organized. How can it be bad to have your kid go away for 4days with 60 other high skilled soccer players and train/play/learn? Uh cost= $00000000. Yes and even some gear thrown in. Never asked to change a club, give your first born or pay a dime! Just soccer, soccer, soccer and at the end for the highest ability, the chance to go to Spain to rep. US Youth team. (BTW, the level of the kids is hard-presses to match and from ALL over East)

If its possible get your kid to the one in Texas coming up...it is well-worth the plane ticket.

oh really? it's FREE? where does ID2 get their operating expense along with the FREE gear you mentioned? they must have a big philanthropist backing them. how do i get my kid to join? do TELL!!!

come on, get real. kids soccer in the US is business. there is no such thing as free.

NIKE very supportive. It's a non-for-profit therefore yes, lots of philanthropic backers. How do you get to go? check the website... my kid got invited probably from being noticed at some tournament or by a trainer? I am sure if your kid has the skill it can be independently corroborated, right? And God help him if he doesn't and slips through. He will end up swimming in water WAY OVER HIS HEAD and might come out pretty shocked at what's out there!

your kid got invited? wow, that is good. keep it up, maybe in a few years we will see you kid playing on MLS where they earn 60K a year. not for me though. my kid can play, infact there is already a college coach establishing contact but being ignored. i played soccer through college and it was fun but not good combined with getting education. you miss a lot of school on travel and injuries and all. we are going for academic scholarships. good luck with your kid on soccer i have seen a lot of success lately.. how many american players are earning well? let me see? maybe 10?

btw, i forgot to ask. how much did you spend on training and camps to get your kid to play well to get noticed? was it free too? i don't think so, you can include that in your computation for FREE!!!!

#450292 - 10/20/11 03:43 PM Re: what is the difference with ODP state/regional and this ID2? [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Larry,

doing great as in "in the honors program" where if you miss school you lose out? no soccer experience is worth more than a day in school for me. no, my kid is staying in school.

#450293 - 10/20/11 03:59 PM Re: what is the difference with ODP state/regional and this ID2? [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I read the post about parents pulling their kids out of school for this ID camp, let's be honest here, parents pull kids out of school to go on cheaper vacations something I do not understand. You stay in school to learn and hopefully it leads to a good life. Going to sporting events, vacations or any other idiotic trips over school shows you where the head is.

This is similar to the school plan to allow kids to use their cell phones for group learning events, BAD IDEA, kids should not have cell phones in class but instead learn from a teacher.

You think if your kid misses a day or two of school for vacation or activities, that it's going to her your kid. If that's the case your kid has bigger problems in the present and future

#450294 - 10/20/11 04:14 PM Re: what is the difference with ODP state/regional and this ID2? [Re: Anonymous]
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

What I find fascinating is the support of the child's education v. soccer

It must be a generation gap or two on my part.

#450296 - 10/20/11 04:31 PM Re: what is the difference with ODP state/regional and this ID2? [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

You think if your kid misses a day or two of school for vacation or activities, that it's going to her your kid. If that's the case your kid has bigger problems in the present and future

you must have missed a lot of school for vacations when you were young. reread your post again. your are giving us a clearer picture on what happens to our kids if we pull them out of school for soccer or vacations. thank you for showing us that we are on the right track.

#450302 - 10/20/11 05:06 PM Re: what is the difference with ODP state/regional and this ID2? [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

you must have missed a lot of school for vacations when you were young. reread your post again. your are giving us a clearer picture on what happens to our kids if we pull them out of school for soccer or vacations. thank you for showing us that we are on the right track.

AH which way did he go

#450304 - 10/20/11 05:23 PM Re: what is the difference with ODP state/regional and this ID2? [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

AH which way did he go

he went the same way you were.

#450341 - 10/20/11 11:06 PM Re: what is the difference with ODP state/regional and this ID2? [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Duh

AH which way did he go

#450343 - 10/20/11 11:29 PM Re: what is the difference with ODP state/regional and this ID2? [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]I read the post about parents pulling their kids out of school for this ID camp, let's be honest here, parents pull kids out of school to go on cheaper vacations something I do not understand. You stay in school to learn and hopefully it leads to a good life. Going to sporting events, vacations or any other idiotic trips over school shows you where the head is.

[/quote

You think if your kid misses a day or two of school for vacation or activities, that it's going to her your kid. If that's the case your kid has bigger problems in the present and future [/quote

AH which way did he go

Duh

#450345 - 10/21/11 06:21 AM Re: what is the difference with ODP state/regional and this ID2? [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I guess everyone talks just to talk.

ID2... excellent experience. level of play- incredible. Run IMPECCABLY-highly organized. How can it be bad to have your kid go away for 4days with 60 other high skilled soccer players and train/play/learn? Uh cost= $00000000. Yes and even some gear thrown in. Never asked to change a club, give your first born or pay a dime! Just soccer, soccer, soccer and at the end for the highest ability, the chance to go to Spain to rep. US Youth team. (BTW, the level of the kids is hard-presses to match and from ALL over East)

If its possible get your kid to the one in Texas coming up...it is well-worth the plane ticket.

oh really? it's FREE? where does ID2 get their operating expense along with the FREE gear you mentioned? they must have a big philanthropist backing them. how do i get my kid to join? do TELL!!!

come on, get real. kids soccer in the US is business. there is no such thing as free.

NIKE very supportive. It's a non-for-profit therefore yes, lots of philanthropic backers. How do you get to go? check the website... my kid got invited probably from being noticed at some tournament or by a trainer? I am sure if your kid has the skill it can be independently corroborated, right? And God help him if he doesn't and slips through. He will end up swimming in water WAY OVER HIS HEAD and might come out pretty shocked at what's out there!

your kid got invited? wow, that is good. keep it up, maybe in a few years we will see you kid playing on MLS where they earn 60K a year. not for me though. my kid can play, infact there is already a college coach establishing contact but being ignored. i played soccer through college and it was fun but not good combined with getting education. you miss a lot of school on travel and injuries and all. we are going for academic scholarships. good luck with your kid on soccer i have seen a lot of success lately.. how many american players are earning well? let me see? maybe 10?

btw, i forgot to ask. how much did you spend on training and camps to get your kid to play well to get noticed? was it free too? i don't think so, you can include that in your computation for FREE!!!!

Answer to last Q: $0000 (Truth! can't afford it- take a stab at that cry )

Response to the rest... you are absolutely right. MLS worthy? my son is not! Was the experience of 4 days among great kids, great coaching, athleticism, competition, and instruction worthit? Absolutely! It will contribute to the over-all, well-rounded, interesting and open human being I hope any of my children will become (soccer/no soccer)

No apologies for thinking that life is full of opportunities to learn, some more direct than others. Sure let's all discuss the human beings we raise in a few years and see how they fared...until then, I am thrilled he had such a nice experience and now on to the many thousands of other life-experiences that enrich a person.

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  Arielle, Larry Miller, ZiggyRowe 
Manhattan Kick-off Classic
Fall Tournaments
MAPS Fall Challenge
RVSC College Showcase
Soccer Coliseum 5v5
EDP College Showcase
MAPS Cup (Girls)
Winter Classic
SUSA Winter Kickoff
KK Thanksgiving
WBSC College Showcase
Farmingdale Turkey Bowl
Winter Indoor
Coleman Country
Soccer Coliseum
Coastal League
SUSA League
SUSA Xmas Tournament
SUSA Winter Skills
Rockland CC
Sports Underdome
Coindre Hall
BOCA Training
Quickstrike FC
KK MLK
KK XMAS
KK Presidents Day
KK Presidents Week
KK Goalkeeper Training
KK Winter League
KK Winter Skills
LIRR Futsal Training
LIRR Youth Leagues
LIRR Girls Training
LIRR Striker Training
LIRR Dutch Training
LIRR Goalkeeper Training
LIRR Veteran's Day Camp
LIRR Election Day Camp
MAPS Futsal
Soccer Coliseum Leagues
EISC Winter Skills
2015 Tournaments
Manhattan Pre-Spring Kickoff
RYSA Wildcats Labor Day
Adult Leagues
Coastal Men
SUSA Bubble
KK Athletics
Sponsors

Globall Sports Centers
Soccer Leagues
Soccer Tournaments
Training Clinics
Birthday Parties
Field Rentals
LI Rough Riders
Training Program
Soccer Camps
Jr. Rough Riders
Rough Riders Select
Men's & Women's Tickets
Soccer Coliseum
Tournaments
Training
Youth Leagues
Adult Leagues
SUSA Bubble Lindenhurst
Youth Leagues
Tournaments
Adult Leagues
Training & Academy Programs
Field Rentals
Summer League
Premier Soccer Academy
Tournaments
Youth Academy ID Camps
Camps
Coaching Services
Kickiní Kiddie Program
Boys NPL Listing
Brentwood | Bklyn Italians | Everton Amer. | Eastern FC | East Meadow SC | Massapequa | STA Soccer | NY Elite | HOTA | Parsippany SC | Princeton SC | Soccer Plus Acad. |

Click Here!

Copyright (c) Back of THE NET 1993 - 2014