Division 3
2014-2015 ENY (State) Cup
Challenge Cup U10-U12
Challenge Cup U13-U19
Open Cup
Soccer Toons
Traveling to a tournament
New Jersey Leagues
Northern Counties | CJYSA | JAGS | Morris County | Metro | Jersey Coast | Monmouth Ocean | Mid-Jersey | South Jersey | South Jersey Girls |
ECNL
ECNL Standings
EDP Fall 2014
Brackets
Schedules
NSCAA HS & College Rankings
USSF Academies
USSF Academy Schedules
US Soccer
Coaching Drills
Girls NPL Listing
Brentwood | ISA | Massapequa | Manhattan SC | STA | NYSC | NJ Crush | NY Rush | Quickstrike FC |
Latest Tryout Posts
OPEN PRACTICE
by Mike D'Angelo
Yesterday at 05:45 PM
The GU16 LGN Tsunami are looking for a few skilled and committed players
by L-GroveTsunami
Yesterday at 07:48 AM
GU14 Hauppauge Stars looking for players for winter and beyond
by arenasoccer
Yesterday at 07:16 AM
Newest Members
gmendola, scharles, LisaLisa, kyle schiralli, Raiders13
13316 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 406 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
BOTN Photo Gallery
The 3rd Ave El
Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
New Reply
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#450369 - 10/21/11 09:38 AM Re: what is the difference with ODP state/regional and this ID2? [Re: Anonymous]
soccocat24 Offline
Back of THE NET

Loc: New York
Being one of those kids that played at the highest level I have to say it has helped me to be who I am. School is extremely important but also the chance to play with others at the highest level is incredible. I nor my parents regret taking me out of school for some soccer. I was one of the lucky ones that were able to play at a Top 4 Div 1 school and receive a great education I am now a mother of three and a RN so to me I got the best of both a chance to travel to learn and to mature I wouldn't trade that for the world and still treasure those times. Is it for everyone no and that's fine But the way people talk on here is crazy. To put other's down because of their decision is crazy. I beleive the topic was what is the difference between ODP and ID2 and now the topic is out of hand.

Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Click Here!

#450373 - 10/21/11 10:10 AM Re: what is the difference with ODP state/regional and this ID2? [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Anonymous
I guess everyone talks just to talk.

ID2... excellent experience. level of play- incredible. Run IMPECCABLY-highly organized. How can it be bad to have your kid go away for 4days with 60 other high skilled soccer players and train/play/learn? Uh cost= $00000000. Yes and even some gear thrown in. Never asked to change a club, give your first born or pay a dime! Just soccer, soccer, soccer and at the end for the highest ability, the chance to go to Spain to rep. US Youth team. (BTW, the level of the kids is hard-presses to match and from ALL over East)

If its possible get your kid to the one in Texas coming up...it is well-worth the plane ticket.

oh really? it's FREE? where does ID2 get their operating expense along with the FREE gear you mentioned? they must have a big philanthropist backing them. how do i get my kid to join? do TELL!!!

come on, get real. kids soccer in the US is business. there is no such thing as free.

NIKE very supportive. It's a non-for-profit therefore yes, lots of philanthropic backers. How do you get to go? check the website... my kid got invited probably from being noticed at some tournament or by a trainer? I am sure if your kid has the skill it can be independently corroborated, right? And God help him if he doesn't and slips through. He will end up swimming in water WAY OVER HIS HEAD and might come out pretty shocked at what's out there!

your kid got invited? wow, that is good. keep it up, maybe in a few years we will see you kid playing on MLS where they earn 60K a year. not for me though. my kid can play, infact there is already a college coach establishing contact but being ignored. i played soccer through college and it was fun but not good combined with getting education. you miss a lot of school on travel and injuries and all. we are going for academic scholarships. good luck with your kid on soccer i have seen a lot of success lately.. how many american players are earning well? let me see? maybe 10?

btw, i forgot to ask. how much did you spend on training and camps to get your kid to play well to get noticed? was it free too? i don't think so, you can include that in your computation for FREE!!!!

Answer to last Q: $0000 (Truth! can't afford it- take a stab at that cry )

Response to the rest... you are absolutely right. MLS worthy? my son is not! Was the experience of 4 days among great kids, great coaching, athleticism, competition, and instruction worthit? Absolutely! It will contribute to the over-all, well-rounded, interesting and open human being I hope any of my children will become (soccer/no soccer)

No apologies for thinking that life is full of opportunities to learn, some more direct than others. Sure let's all discuss the human beings we raise in a few years and see how they fared...until then, I am thrilled he had such a nice experience and now on to the many thousands of other life-experiences that enrich a person.

oh, you felt free to take a stab at the other kid but took offense when they hit back? what a spoiled brat.

can afford or not, it is out of question. the truth is, with how the economy is going every parent is feeling the financial burden. apparently not you wealthy one. there are lot of ways to experience great competition, coaching among other stuff in a cheaper way. if money can buy one's way into soccer success you won't find third world countries winning the world cup. so go ahead, spend all you can on these money making trainers and programs. no matter which you'd look at it, kids soccer is a business in america with very little return to those who buy the service. if these were europe, i would spend my money on soccer training and forget about school for my kid.

#450377 - 10/21/11 10:45 AM Re: what is the difference with ODP state/regional and this ID2? [Re: soccocat24]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Does anybody know where/when the girls early spring ECNL/id2 event takes place? The website lists it as tbd. I saw that last year's was in Florida in early/mid February. Also, the age groups are listed as tbd, anybody know how they determine which age groups will be selected to attend?

#450557 - 10/23/11 12:22 PM Re: what is the difference with ODP state/regional and this ID2? [Re: CaptAvenger]
rhrhrh Offline
Back of THE NET

Originally Posted By: CaptAvenger
I believe PDA is heavily invested in ID2, if PDA supports the program thats good enough for me, not sure why BOTN would be so against it...

LOL, they ARE ID2. To the point that national team quality players on the boys side are ignored because they'll never be at PDA.

I have known since my son was little that if my daughter is any good at soccer, she'll HAVE to end up at PDA - it's a captive audience.

#450559 - 10/23/11 12:31 PM Re: what is the difference with ODP state/regional and this ID2? [Re: soccocat24]
rhrhrh Offline
Back of THE NET

I have a questions about $0 = 100% free for ID2.

Do they pay travel costs? Someone mentioned Texas, someone else mentioned Florida. I know a lot of families who cannot afford to pay for transportation that far.

ODP is not that expensive when you calculate in how many training sessions there are. It is a team program, ID2 is not. Plus it is local at the state level.

Playing for the state should be an honor. Being picked for ID2 should be an honor. Both are soccer resume builders for your kid.

As for missing school, it is overrated as being important. My kid will miss a week of school due to a soccer tournament, not even ODP or ID2. The school doesn't like it, but he will work with his teachers to get the make-up work. If your kid's school progress is so tenuous that missing five days of school will make or break them, that's a much bigger problem.

It's all p'ssing into the wind unless your kid is picked. My son's experience with NJ ODP was great, even though the money was about standard for any training program. ID2 is out of the question because you can see that they only pick from certain clubs on the boys side. The only thing I would mention is to be careful to not turn down offers for your child, as long as you have the money for it. All this cynicism would be okay if your kid is *IT*, but for some kids, missing the chance to go to ID2 or participate in ODP could change their career.

And BTW, someone mentioned that DA's are the only source for national team players at the youth level now. One, the youngest age groups are pre-academy so not true DA yet. Two, show me how many of the DA players DIDN'T do ODP. It's pretty clear that most U17B players in the national program did ODP before the DA program was together. That fact is being ignored.

#451466 - 10/29/11 09:21 PM Re: what is the difference with ODP state/regional and this ID2? [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

ECNL club coaches recommend their players- its closed to anyone else now.

Exactly. The ECNL is new and already more corrupt than ODP.

It's a big can of worms.

#451471 - 10/29/11 10:11 PM Re: what is the difference with ODP state/regional and this ID2? [Re: Larry Miller]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Larry Miller
Originally Posted By: soccocat24
when i spoke with the parent that their child went to the ID2 they said they paid nothing out of pocket and they were given free stuff but i am still cautious about this ID2 i am used to the old ways of state and regional!!From what i was told was that ID2 is trying to recognize the kids that get passed by because of politics. which we all know exists on every level

Yes, that is the company line. Like I said, it is another revenue stream, and NOTHING is free. When something is free it has no value. When something is free it is a hook to draw the fool who thinks they are getting something for free.

Its free. 100% paid for including foreign travel, by Nike. The Only trick is that it is staffed by PDA coaches, who try to recruit anyone at the NE combine who is within driving distance of there fields.

#451500 - 10/30/11 09:11 AM Re: what is the difference with ODP state/regional and this ID2? [Re: rhrhrh]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: rhrhrh

And BTW, someone mentioned that DA's are the only source for national team players at the youth level now.

That is not true.

#451884 - 11/02/11 01:41 PM Re: what is the difference with ODP state/regional and this ID2? [Re: Anonymous]
rhrhrh Offline
Back of THE NET

when i spoke with the parent that their child went to the ID2 they said they paid nothing out of pocket and they were given free stuff but i am still cautious about this ID2 i am used to the old ways of state and regional!!From what i was told was that ID2 is trying to recognize the kids that get passed by because of politics. which we all know exists on every level

Yes, that is the company line. Like I said, it is another revenue stream, and NOTHING is free. When something is free it has no value. When something is free it is a hook to draw the fool who thinks they are getting something for free.

Its free. 100% paid for including foreign travel, by Nike. The Only trick is that it is staffed by PDA coaches, who try to recruit anyone at the NE combine who is within driving distance of there fields.

And they leave out urban kids who can't get there. PDA should get the jump on RBNY and have a fully-funded residential program.

Driving distance to their fields is apparently within at least 3 hours for some kids. Some kids will move to NJ relatives just to play for PDA.

#451906 - 11/02/11 03:40 PM Re: what is the difference with ODP state/regional and this ID2? [Re: rhrhrh]
Anonymous
Unregistered

And they leave out urban kids who can't get there. PDA should get the jump on RBNY and have a fully-funded residential program.

Driving distance to their fields is apparently within at least 3 hours for some kids. Some kids will move to NJ relatives just to play for PDA.

have the kids move to relatives just to play soccer with PDA? that parent must be crazy.

#452552 - 11/07/11 11:15 AM Re: what is the difference with ODP state/regional and this ID2? [Re: soccocat24]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Being one of those kids that played at the highest level I have to say it has helped me to be who I am. School is extremely important but also the chance to play with others at the highest level is incredible. I nor my parents regret taking me out of school for some soccer. I was one of the lucky ones that were able to play at a Top 4 Div 1 school and receive a great education I am now a mother of three and a RN so to me I got the best of both a chance to travel to learn and to mature I wouldn't trade that for the world and still treasure those times. Is it for everyone no and that's fine But the way people talk on here is crazy. To put other's down because of their decision is crazy. I beleive the topic was what is the difference between ODP and ID2 and now the topic is out of hand.

Whaoooo.....Mia Ham is here and she logged into BOTH, tell me more!

#452850 - 11/09/11 04:10 PM Re: what is the difference with ODP state/regional and this ID2? [Re: Anonymous]
rhrhrh Offline
Back of THE NET

have the kids move to relatives just to play soccer with PDA? that parent must be crazy.

Agudelo did that, look at him.

#452858 - 11/09/11 05:17 PM Re: what is the difference with ODP state/regional and this ID2? [Re: rhrhrh]
Anonymous
Unregistered

yes and he is earning 85K a year. if that is good enough for you then go ahead. how many Agudelo's made it by the way to MLS and earn this much? wooohooo!

i would rather have my kid get a good education than play soccer for that salary. you got to be kidding.

#452860 - 11/09/11 05:32 PM Re: what is the difference with ODP state/regional and this ID2? [Re: rhrhrh]
Anonymous
Unregistered

big deal. in MLS only 6 players are on 6 figure income. of the 6 only one is american (donovan) and the rest as washouts from european leagues. aside from the top 6 about 20 percent are at the 250K average, another 20% around 85K average and believe it or not 40 percent are earning below 50K. does that look promising enough to you to do something as crazy as sending them away to live with relatives to play soccer? not for me.

#454114 - 11/16/11 12:14 PM Re: what is the difference with ODP state/regional and this ID2? [Re: Anonymous]
rhrhrh Offline
Back of THE NET

Education can wait, I teach college and too often the students fresh out of high school aren't mature enough to do well.

But to have a parent honestly assess their child's future soccer prospects is almost impossible.

I know one NJ U15B player who has played for three of five area DA programs (pre-academy) including Cosmos and RBNY, and says "he left" all of them. Is he a better prospect than another kid who has never played pre-academy?

Once they are 16 or 17, it might be easier to tell, but moving a kid who is under 15 just in order to play soccer is ridiculous. That's banning an easy move like going to a better school system or to the other parent.

We live in the freaking NYC area, it's not like we are completely in the sticks.

Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  Arielle, Larry Miller, ZiggyRowe 
Manhattan Kick-off Classic
Fall Tournaments
MAPS Fall Challenge
RVSC College Showcase
Soccer Coliseum 5v5
EDP College Showcase
MAPS Cup (Girls)
Winter Classic
SUSA Winter Kickoff
KK Thanksgiving
WBSC College Showcase
Farmingdale Turkey Bowl
Winter Indoor
Coleman Country
Soccer Coliseum
Coastal League
SUSA League
SUSA Xmas Tournament
SUSA Winter Skills
Rockland CC
Sports Underdome
Coindre Hall
BOCA Training
Quickstrike FC
KK MLK
KK XMAS
KK Presidents Day
KK Presidents Week
KK Goalkeeper Training
KK Winter League
KK Winter Skills
LIRR Futsal Training
LIRR Youth Leagues
LIRR Girls Training
LIRR Striker Training
LIRR Dutch Training
LIRR Goalkeeper Training
LIRR Veteran's Day Camp
LIRR Election Day Camp
MAPS Futsal
Soccer Coliseum Leagues
EISC Winter Skills
2015 Tournaments
Manhattan Pre-Spring Kickoff
RYSA Wildcats Labor Day
Adult Leagues
Coastal Men
SUSA Bubble
KK Athletics
Sponsors

Globall Sports Centers
Soccer Leagues
Soccer Tournaments
Training Clinics
Birthday Parties
Field Rentals
LI Rough Riders
Training Program
Soccer Camps
Jr. Rough Riders
Rough Riders Select
Men's & Women's Tickets
Soccer Coliseum
Tournaments
Training
Youth Leagues
Adult Leagues
SUSA Bubble Lindenhurst
Youth Leagues
Tournaments
Adult Leagues
Training & Academy Programs
Field Rentals
Summer League
Premier Soccer Academy
Tournaments
Youth Academy ID Camps
Camps
Coaching Services
Kickiní Kiddie Program
Boys NPL Listing
Brentwood | Bklyn Italians | Everton Amer. | Eastern FC | East Meadow SC | Massapequa | STA Soccer | NY Elite | HOTA | Parsippany SC | Princeton SC | Soccer Plus Acad. |

Click Here!

Copyright (c) Back of THE NET 1993 - 2014