FALL Leagues Scores: | NPL | NYCSL | NYPL | JSS | NY (State) Cup | WYSL |
| CJSL | LIJSL | EDP | Challenge Cup | NCSA | Staten Island | ENYPL |

Report: NYCFC eying Aqueduct as Bronx deal falls through. See the complete story posted in the LOCKER ROOM ... NPT Columbus Weekend Tournament has 389 registered teams, and they have opened more fields to accommodate teams wishing to apply. See the avails in their post below.....

Subscribe to BOTN
BOTN Electronic Alerts
Nobody Does It Better
NYCSL_NYPL_NPL_JSS

NYCSL & JSS Schedules, Scores & Standings
| NYCSL | NYPL | NPL |
NY (State) Cup | JSS |
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Fall '14 Scores & Standings

Spring '14 Sportsmanship
Fall '14 Schedule
Spring '15 Schedule
R1 Championships League
Division 1
Division 2
Division 3
2014-2015 ENY (State) Cup
Challenge Cup U10-U12
Challenge Cup U13-U19
Open Cup
New Jersey Leagues
Northern Counties | CJYSA | JAGS | Morris County | Metro | Jersey Coast | Monmouth Ocean | Mid-Jersey | South Jersey | South Jersey Girls |
ECNL
ECNL Standings
EDP Fall 2014
Brackets
Schedules
NSCAA HS & College Rankings
USSF Academies
USSF Academy Schedules
US Soccer
Coaching Drills
Girls NPL Listing
Aztec Soccer | Brentwood | ISA | Massapequa | Massachusetts Premier | STA | NEFC | NJ Crush | NJSA04 | NY Rush | NR Sting | Oakwood | Parsippany SC | Seacoast Utd. | Yankee Utd. |
Latest Tryout Posts
High Level Committed Bu15 Looking for New Situation
by Soccermom370
Yesterday at 11:50 AM
Looking to Add Boys U17 Premier Goalkeeper
by Nassau United 97
09/15/14 11:21 PM
U13 Girls Hota Cyclones looking for 2-3 high level comitted players
by zarla01
09/14/14 01:49 PM
Newest Members
rireonfire, Union1983, joumana, Lorraine b, Matthew Ehrlein
13295 Registered Users
BOTN Photo Gallery
Hubie Hamburgers
Page 176 of 176 < 1 2 ... 174 175 176
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#483912 - 07/03/12 10:28 AM Re: GU12 Fall 2011/Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Anonymous
The head coach was a nice man and had spent many hours with the girls, but it was obvious all along he was looking out for his daughter first. Last season she told her teammates she did not wish to play any longer. He had been notified by some parents of her comments and any coach, especially her father, couldn't help but notice the change in her attitude, so her desire not to play did not come as a surprise.

As a coach who has coached his own children, it's almost impossible to push other players on your team if your child does not want to be there and lets it be known. There is no problem with him stepping down. He needed to leave for the sake of his daughter and to have time to spend with his family.

The issue is how he handled it and his timing. As the only coach some of the girls have ever had, sending out an email saying he quit a week after telling his team he would be coaching them going into NPL is insulting. The 11 and 12 year old girls who he coached for 6 years obviously meant very little to him or he would have made this decision earlier, let his team know of his decision, finish out the season and assist in an orderly transition. Sending out an email using a child to defend your actions is disgraceful. Forget being a coach, a parent should be shielding their children from this sort of behavior not be used as the justification.

There is no possibilty that a mature man could conclude he had to abandon girls he had coached since they were 5, in two days, because his 12 year old daughter, after a loss, said she didn't want him coaching her any more. If every parent/coach quit immediately after being told by there child they didn't want to play for them, coaching your own child would become a criminal offense.

The way he handled himself and the situation could not have been done any worse and as a parent of one of the children he hurt it is unforgivable.

Name please, don't try to play this like it's CSL and Mike Riccadelli is stepping down.

If his daughter quit soccer then u can see him walking away. But this is not the case. If it was a case of not wanting to coach anymore, let someone else parent administrate and let the trainer coach. My gut says that he had enough of the headaches, the parent drama, the player divas, and needed to walk. My connections tell me she is playing for another club, not quitting soccer. Can anyone confirm?

Thats the problem with this country. People always looking for a divorce and who suffers? The children....

Junior Soccer Advertisements

Click Here!

#483914 - 07/03/12 10:48 AM Re: GU12 Fall 2011/Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Still trying to figure out WHO this coach is that we are talking about.

Stop trying to stir the pot. If you do a little detective work I'm sure you can figure out who the coach is

#484077 - 07/06/12 09:15 AM Re: GU12 Fall 2011/Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

The name is out there (read up in this thread), CSL has done and probably will do nothing. On another subject:

Rumor control: I heard a rumor that some of the Commack GU12 teams (going to GU13 in the fall) are considering joining the NYPL. I just checked and none of the 4 teams in the current GU12 line up finished higher than 5th. D1 and D4 both finished in 7th and D5 and D6 finished in 5th. Why would coaches and or parents be pushing their kids into a league that is supposed offer tougher competition, when the current competition was already too challenging. Wouldn't staying in LIJSL a little longer let these kids develop and have a chance to win against more evenly matched teams?

Again, "just a rumor" I overheard, but i was curious, seems like a counterproductive move to me.

#484090 - 07/06/12 10:27 AM Re: GU12 Fall 2011/Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

The name is out there (read up in this thread), CSL has done and probably will do nothing. On another subject:

Rumor control: I heard a rumor that some of the Commack GU12 teams (going to GU13 in the fall) are considering joining the NYPL. I just checked and none of the 4 teams in the current GU12 line up finished higher than 5th. D1 and D4 both finished in 7th and D5 and D6 finished in 5th. Why would coaches and or parents be pushing their kids into a league that is supposed offer tougher competition, when the current competition was already too challenging. Wouldn't staying in LIJSL a little longer let these kids develop and have a chance to win against more evenly matched teams?

Again, "just a rumor" I overheard, but i was curious, seems like a counterproductive move to me.

The GU12 going to GU13 teams...One is coached by Riccadelli and another team by his Goon, they will never go to the NYPL.

#484099 - 07/06/12 11:35 AM Re: GU12 Fall 2011/Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thats 2 of the 4, any thoughts on the other 2?

#484101 - 07/06/12 11:38 AM Re: GU12 Fall 2011/Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thats 2 of the 4, any thoughts on the other 2?

Of the other 2 one coach has the guts to do it. Not sure who the other is. This is frowned upon in the CSL.

#484111 - 07/06/12 01:01 PM Re: GU12 Fall 2011/Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anything productive is frowned upon by the CSL because the board member's kids cannot make the grade if the team pushes forward. CSL is about mediocrity and politics.

#485274 - 07/26/12 09:36 AM Re: GU12 Fall 2011/Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
CJ Orlando Online   content

Back of THE NET

You are now GU13. There is a new GU13 Fall 2012/Spring 2013 thread for you.

Page 176 of 176 < 1 2 ... 174 175 176

Moderator:  Arielle, Larry Miller, ZiggyRowe 
Tournaments

Fall & Columbus Weekend
MAPS Fall Challenge
East Islip Fall Classic
Northport SC
Fall EDP Cup
Parsippany Pride
RVSC College Showcase
FC Westchester
Soccer Coliseum 5v5
Syosset u6 - u9
EDP College Showcase
MAPS Cup (Girls)
Winter Classic
Winter Indoor
Coleman Country
Rough Riders
Soccer Coliseum
KK Athletics
Coastal
SUSA Bubble
Sports Underdome
2015 Tournaments
Manhattan Pre-Spring Kickoff
RYSA Wildcats Labor Day
Sponsors

Globall Sports Centers
Soccer Leagues
Soccer Tournaments
Training Clinics
Birthday Parties
Field Rentals
LI Rough Riders
Training Program
Soccer Camps
Jr. Rough Riders
Rough Riders Select
Men's & Women's Tickets
SUSA Bubble Lindenhurst
Youth Leagues
Tournaments
Adult Leagues
Training & Academy Programs
Field Rentals
Summer League
Soccer Coliseum
Tournaments
Training
Youth Leagues
Adult Leagues
Premier Soccer Academy
Tournaments
Youth Academy ID Camps
Camps
Coaching Services
Kickiní Kiddie Program
Who's Online
11 registered (TCarlson, CJ Orlando, Larry Miller, Union1983, DHVillain, Soccermom370, ab1234, Barcelona102503, BELLPOP, ajschweigert, Brawndo75), 857 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Boys NPL Listing
Brentwood | Bklyn Italians | Everton Amer. | Eastern FC | East Meadow SC | Massapequa | STA Soccer | NY Elite | HOTA | Parsippany SC | Princeton SC | Soccer Plus Acad. |

Click Here!

Copyright (c) Back of THE NET 1993 - 2014