Spring Leagues Scores: | NPL | NYCSL | NYPL | JSS | NY (State) Cup | WYSL | CJSL | LIJSL | EDP | Challenge Cup 1/4 Finals | ECNL |
| Challenge Cup | Open Cup | Long Island Cup | Region 1 Premier | NERP | Colonial League | Staten Island | ENYP | EHYSL | NJ (State) Cup |

Spring Tournaments: | MSSL College Showcase | Commack SC Memorial Day | Pocono Cup Memorial Day |
| EDP Cup (U11-U14) | EDP Cup (U15-U17) | Manalapan SC Memorial Day | MSSL Memorial Day Explosion |

Nobody Does It Better
NYCSL & JSS Schedules, Scores & Standings
| NYCSL | NYPL | NPL |
NY (State) Cup | JSS |
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Spring '14 Scores & Standings
Long Island Cup
Fall Sportsmanship Standings
Region 1 League Scores
Premier League
NERP
Colonial League
2013-2014 ENY (State) Cup
Challenge Cup U10-U12
Challenge Cup U13-U19
Open Cup
New Jersey Leagues
Northern Counties | CJYSA | JAGS | Morris County | Metro | Jersey Coast | Monmouth Ocean | Mid-Jersey | South Jersey | South Jersey Girls |
ECNL
ECNL Standings
EDP Spring 2014
Brackets, Schedules & Scores
Commack Academy Tryouts
Latest Tryout Posts
Oceanside United U10 OPEN Tryouts for Fall 2014
by OUSC Tournament
Yesterday at 11:25 AM
B'Elite Player Development SC Tryouts GU14
by Chaosmanager
Yesterday at 07:52 AM
MC Storm GU18/19 Open Practices
by MPizzirusso
04/19/14 06:39 PM
Good Jams & Hot Licks!
NSCAA HS & College Rankings
Coaching Drills
USSF Academies
USSF Academy Schedules
US Soccer
Newest Members
mjmwidad, Merrick Gunners, Mike D'Agostino, goaliekid522, DHarvey
12984 Registered Users
BOTN News Alerts
Subscribe to our newsletter
Google Translate
Forum Stats
12984 Members
10 Forums
7063 Topics
359673 Posts

Max Online: 2013 @ 01/26/14 10:52 PM
BOTN Photo Gallery
J&R Music World & Computer World is No More
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
New Reply
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#402839 - 06/09/10 03:39 PM Re: Collegiate Soccer Life : Experience After Commitment [Re: Anonymous]
BoardLord Offline
Back of THE NET

Loc: Not Possum Gulch, Arizona
Originally Posted By: Anonymous
Do club teams compete in a true league of some sort?
An example league on a local basis would be the New England Collegiate Soccer League on the Men's side. In the North Division for 2008, you would find Vermont, Harvard, Boston College, Northeastern, Dartmouth, Brandeis, Tufts, and St. Anselm. The South Division for 2008 included UConn/Storrs, UMass/Amherst, Brown, Holy Cross, Yale, Wesleyan, Connecticut College, and Worchester Polytechnic (WPI).

Each league and each example requires some more detailed research than you might otherwise have for a university's varsity counterparts.

More detailed regional information is available at this link : Regions and Coordinators Details - Club Soccer

Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Click Here!

#403018 - 06/10/10 11:07 AM Re: Collegiate Soccer Life : Experience After Commitment [Re: BoardLord]
Anonymous
Unregistered

thank you.

#403264 - 06/11/10 09:14 AM Re: Collegiate Soccer Life : Experience After Commitment [Re: BoardLord]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Question; my son came home today and informed me that he is looking into renting a house off campus with a few friends. My son R/B is completely paid for by the school. Will he lose that money if he moves off campus?

#403309 - 06/11/10 11:16 AM Re: Collegiate Soccer Life : Experience After Commitment [Re: Anonymous]
BoardLord Offline
Back of THE NET

Question; my son came home today and informed me that he is looking into renting a house off campus with a few friends. My son R/B is completely paid for by the school. Will he lose that money if he moves off campus?
The University will likely not cut a check to the landlord of the off-campus housing and definitely will not cut a check to subsidize off-campus meals and grocery bills.

Again, your son might want to do some additional homework here as some schools might not want their players living off-campus if similar accomodations are available on campus.

#403451 - 06/12/10 09:00 AM Re: Collegiate Soccer Life : Experience After Commitment [Re: BoardLord]
BoardLord Offline
Back of THE NET

Would any of our U/17 (seniors now leaving) or U/18 (team coming to an end as all players head off to college) care to share some of their thoughts now that the college chase has ended and their next phase of soccer-life begins?

What does the player personally feel? How is your family experience changing with the tournaments and league play giving way to college plans?

Please share your stories so that others may benefit here on the College Board.

#403464 - 06/12/10 10:29 AM Re: Collegiate Soccer Life : Experience After Commitment [Re: BoardLord]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: BoardLord
Would any of our U/17 (seniors now leaving) or U/18 (team coming to an end as all players head off to college) care to share some of their thoughts now that the college chase has ended and their next phase of soccer-life begins?

What does the player personally feel? How is your family experience changing with the tournaments and league play giving way to college plans?

i'll be 17 playing against 22 year olds so idk what to expect

#404901 - 06/19/10 10:34 PM Re: Collegiate Soccer Life : Experience After Commitment [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

i'll be 17 playing against 22 year olds so idk what to expect

I'm pretty excited. I'm playing D3, but after going on my overnight it all hit me how special the experience would be. Since I' not on scholarship (because it is D3), my only concern is making the team. Even though I'm a recruit, not all recruits make it. But I still play competitively with my club team, run a lot on the side, and go to the gym onday-friday to try to match the strength of these kids (or men) that will be 4 years older than me.

#406820 - 07/10/10 04:48 PM Re: Collegiate Soccer Life : Experience After Commitment [Re: Anonymous]
BoardLord Offline
Back of THE NET

Even though I'm a recruit, not all recruits make it. But I still play competitively with my club team, run a lot on the side, and go to the gym monday-friday to try to match the strength of these kids (or men) that will be 4 years older than me.
BOTN Industries cannot underscore fitness and your collegiate preseason workout packets with any more import than right now. With only three to four weeks remaining before collegiate preseason camps open, now is the time to get very serious so that you show up to school in condition and ready to compete. Good luck to all of our readers and their families in preparing for their high school-to-college years transition.

#407085 - 07/14/10 03:54 PM Re: Collegiate Soccer Life : Experience After Commitment [Re: BoardLord]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Even though I'm a recruit, not all recruits make it. But I still play competitively with my club team, run a lot on the side, and go to the gym monday-friday to try to match the strength of these kids (or men) that will be 4 years older than me.
BOTN Industries cannot underscore fitness and your collegiate preseason workout packets with any more import than right now. With only three to four weeks remaining before collegiate preseason camps open, now is the time to get very serious so that you show up to school in condition and ready to compete. Good luck to all of our readers and their families in preparing for their high school-to-college years transition.

I understand how important fitness is but how is everyone keeping their soccer touch? Are there summer teams to play on? I've just been playing with my friends but its not the same as a real trasining session or games.

#407090 - 07/14/10 04:57 PM Re: Collegiate Soccer Life : Experience After Commitment [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

College sports are all about fitness and soccer is no different. You can play summer league soccer. LILSL has a summer session that runs though July. info@liladiessoccer.com

#407601 - 07/22/10 09:40 PM Re: Collegiate Soccer Life : Experience After Commitment [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

What’s going on at Dowling? Just heard they fired all the GA’s. GA’s are the students that work at the school time keepers, ticket collectors, office work and so on. All asst. coaches are out. Teams will have no transportation to games. Guess they will have no sports program soon. Anyone with details?

#407703 - 07/24/10 05:35 PM Re: Collegiate Soccer Life : Experience After Commitment [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a question of concern as my child enters the college search - how is it to play soccer in the southern states with the heat? Does anyone know ??

#407720 - 07/25/10 08:25 AM Re: Collegiate Soccer Life : Experience After Commitment [Re: Anonymous]
BoardLord Offline
Back of THE NET

I have a question of concern as my child enters the college search - how is it to play soccer in the southern states with the heat? Does anyone know ??
Excellent question and one that those of us in the Northeast United States tend to take for granted. BOTN Industries is familiar with several women's players who last season were in the mid-Atlantic region (Delaware to Virginia) for their first collegiate camps. If you recall the beginning of August last year, temperatures in this region were 100 degrees for the first ten days of camp (similar to what our region is experiencing right now). Each player lost between seven and twelve pounds during those first two weeks. Now, if you are starting with 110-130 pound players, start thinking about losing up to 10% of body mass and trying to play at the same level and more with older players.

The first rule of thumb is to get on top of your athletic packet and make sure that you get into training camp ready to play. BOTN Industries does not believe that freshman players really understand the import of this. (Sophomore players always seem to be better aware of the need to beat the requirements.)

Second rule of thumb is nutrition and hydration. Staying healthy, including nine to ten hours of sleep in the early days away from home, cannot be sufficiently emphasized. A sick freshman student during training camp is a one way ticket to the bench.

Third rule of thumb is communication and ultimately common sense. Coaches will press players but players also need to constantly communicate to their coach about their bodies and what they are feeling. We often talk on the college board about communicating with your coach and being comfortable. Complaining about being tired is one thing. Complaining about nausea is a secondary point. Calling out light headedness or a dizzy spell takes this to a third level. Hopefully, you see the point. A good coaching staff recognizes the weather impact on their players and will adjust accordingly.

This all said, you should expect your son or daughter to be drilling 90 minutes in 90+ degree weather during August training camps. It comes with the territory. Temperatures in the 70s in October (while it is 50s in the North) comes with its price.

Thanks very much for the question.

#407723 - 07/25/10 08:43 AM Re: Collegiate Soccer Life : Experience After Commitment [Re: Anonymous]
BoardLord Offline
Back of THE NET

What’s going on at Dowling? Just heard they fired all the GA’s. GA’s are the students that work at the school time keepers, ticket collectors, office work and so on. All asst. coaches are out. Teams will have no transportation to games. Guess they will have no sports program soon. Anyone with details?
Apologies as we are not familiar with changes in the Dowling program. Are there members of the community which can help address this question?

#407764 - 07/26/10 08:45 AM Re: Collegiate Soccer Life : Experience After Commitment [Re: BoardLord]
Anonymous
Unregistered

regarding the playing in the south - 1 your welcome since my daughter is very concerned she will not be able be to do it. I think she fears things like here where the coaches are like drill sergents - running the kids untill they drop.
When are games in the south played? When they go down ahead of the rest of the school for training do they train all day or in the am and pm?
I know they practice for 2 hrs in the am and 2 hrs in the pm around class schedules and Iam sure the temps as well.
Thanks for all the info

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  Arielle 
Tournaments

Memorial & Spring Tourneys
MSSL College Showcase
Commack SC Memorial Day
Pocono Cup Memorial Day
Manalapan SC Memorial
EDP Cup (U11-U14)
EDP Cup (U15-U17)
MSSL Explosion
Summer Tournaments
EMSC Summer Tournament
EDP Invitational Festival
Central Jersey Invit.
Lehigh Valley Steamroll
MAPS Caps Classic
Pocono Premier Cup
RVSC Summer Select
Oceanside SC Labor Day
The Rider Cup
Sand & Beach Soccer
Summer Camps
Berkshire Girls Academy
Rough Riders
East Islip SC
Fall & Columbus Weekend
MAPS Fall Challenge
East Islip Fall Classic
Sponsors

LI Rough Riders
Training Program
Soccer Camps
Jr. Rough Riders
Rough Riders Select
Men's & Women's Tickets
SUSA Bubble Lindenhurst
Youth Leagues
Tournaments
Adult Leagues
Training & Academy Programs
Field Rentals
Globall Sports Centers
Soccer Leagues
Soccer Tournaments
Training Clinics
Birthday Parties
Field Rentals
Soccer Coliseum
Tournaments
Training
Youth Leagues
Adult Leagues
Premier Soccer Academy
Summer Development Program
Youth Academy ID Camps
Camps&Tournaments
Coaching Services
Kickin’ Kiddie Program
Who's Online
0 registered (), 303 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

Click Here!

Copyright (c) Back of THE NET 1993 - 2014