Spring Leagues Scores & Standings: | CDYSL | CJSL | ECNL | EDP | ENY Challenge Cup | ENY Open Cup | ENYPL | SIYSL |
| ENY/EDP | EHYSL | LIJSL | Metropolitan | NPL | LICup | NY State Cup | NYCSL | NYPL | WYSL | WYSL Premier |

Nobody Does It Better
Latest Tryout Posts
BU13 (Fall 2017/Spring 2018) Longwood Roaring Lions
by RoaringLions. 06/23/17 04:17 PM
GU12 - LIFE 06 Johnston (G2006)
by LIFESC. 06/22/17 06:02 PM
GU13 - LIFE 05 LLOYD (G2005)
by LIFESC. 06/22/17 05:59 PM
GU14 - LIFE 04 Sauerbrunn (G2004)
by LIFESC. 06/22/17 05:57 PM
GU15 - LIFE 03 Long (G2003)
by LIFESC. 06/22/17 05:50 PM
NYCSL Scores & Standings
NYCSL NPL
NYPL
NYCSL
NY Cup
Metropolitan
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Spring '17 Scores & Standings
Spring '17 LI Cup
Fall '17 Games Schedule
Spring '18 Games Schedule
Sportsmanship Fall '16
ECNL
ECNL Standings
EDP Spring 2017
EDP Scores & Standings
2016-2017 ENY (State) Cup
Challenge Cup
Champions Cup
NSCAA HS & College Rankings
USSDA Standings
GDA Standings
BDA Standings
BOTN en Espaņol
SUSA Event Calendar
Click on the dates in BLACK to see the day's event or click on the link above to see the full SUSA EVENTS CALENDAR Training Academy
Summer League
Summer Camps
Adult Leagues
Winter Youth Leagues
Tournaments
Field Rental
Birthday Parties
NYCSL Leagues

Newest Members
james12345, West Islip U11, LIFESC, Lou Martins, Soccer For Life
14416 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#679866 - 05/22/17 04:17 PM FREE HS TOURNAMENT with $5,000 prizes for the winning schools  
Larry Miller Offline
Chief Rocker
Larry Miller  Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

Greenwich Village
High School Challenge

info@nysurfsoccer.org
1-888-NYSURF1

Top Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Click Here!

#679870 - 05/22/17 04:34 PM Re: FREE HS TOURNAMENT with $5,000 prizes for the winning schools [Re: Larry Miller]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Larry, the flyer links to only an email. Is there a form to fill out?

Top Reply Quote
#679872 - 05/22/17 04:37 PM Re: FREE HS TOURNAMENT with $5,000 prizes for the winning schools [Re: Anonymous]  
Larry Miller Offline
Chief Rocker
Larry Miller  Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

Greenwich Village
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Larry, the flyer links to only an email. Is there a form to fill out?

No. No form. Because these are for High School Varsity Teams Surf will need to have chats with the AD or coach of the school team. There is also a phone number to call if they wish.

Top Reply Quote
#679874 - 05/22/17 04:45 PM Re: FREE HS TOURNAMENT with $5,000 prizes for the winning schools [Re: Larry Miller]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can private schools soccer teams apply?

Top Reply Quote
#679875 - 05/22/17 04:48 PM Re: FREE HS TOURNAMENT with $5,000 prizes for the winning schools [Re: Larry Miller]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Larry, is this open to NJ teams also?

Top Reply Quote
#679880 - 05/22/17 04:55 PM Re: FREE HS TOURNAMENT with $5,000 prizes for the winning schools [Re: Anonymous]  
Larry Miller Offline
Chief Rocker
Larry Miller  Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

Greenwich Village
Can private schools soccer teams apply?

Yes.

Top Reply Quote
#679881 - 05/22/17 04:55 PM Re: FREE HS TOURNAMENT with $5,000 prizes for the winning schools [Re: Anonymous]  
Larry Miller Offline
Chief Rocker
Larry Miller  Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

Greenwich Village

I dont think so...but let me ask

Top Reply Quote
#679889 - 05/22/17 05:17 PM Re: FREE HS TOURNAMENT with $5,000 prizes for the winning schools [Re: Larry Miller]  
Larry Miller Offline
Chief Rocker
Larry Miller  Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

Greenwich Village
S
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

Sorry..Only Long Island, NYC, and Westchester. Please understand that NY Surf is testing this concept. If it works, the plan is to make this a part of their other planned tournaments for 2017 and 2018. I certainly favor opening the area to include NJ, Rockland, Orange, Southern CT, Putnam and Duchess.

Top Reply Quote
#679892 - 05/22/17 05:25 PM Re: FREE HS TOURNAMENT with $5,000 prizes for the winning schools [Re: Larry Miller]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

S

Sorry..Only Long Island, NYC, and Westchester. Please understand that NY Surf is testing this concept. If it works, the plan is to make this a part of their other planned tournaments for 2017 and 2018. I certainly favor opening the area to include NJ, Rockland, Orange, Southern CT, Putnam and Duchess.

Understandable, wouldn't want a NJ team to rain on the party by winning a NY HS Showcase.

Top Reply Quote
#679969 - 05/23/17 10:50 AM Re: FREE HS TOURNAMENT with $5,000 prizes for the winning schools [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

S

Understandable, wouldn't want a NJ team to rain on the party by winning a NY HS Showcase.

High Schools have restrictions on how many games they can play, don't see how this can work

Top Reply Quote
#679973 - 05/23/17 10:59 AM Re: FREE HS TOURNAMENT with $5,000 prizes for the winning schools [Re: Anonymous]  
Larry Miller Offline
Chief Rocker
Larry Miller  Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

Greenwich Village
S

High Schools have restrictions on how many games they can play, don't see how this can work

If what you say is true and that it won't work, who is the loser? From my view it would be the high schools that lose the chance for a $5,000 cash deposit inth the school's athletic program. Therefore, I'm sure you would want this offer and tournament to work, wouldn't you?

Top Reply Quote
#679981 - 05/23/17 11:24 AM Re: FREE HS TOURNAMENT with $5,000 prizes for the winning schools [Re: Larry Miller]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

S

If what you say is true and that it won't work, who is the loser? From my view it would be the high schools that lose the chance for a $5,000 cash deposit inth the school's athletic program. Therefore, I'm sure you would want this offer and tournament to work, wouldn't you?

It's not the high schools themselves are a problem or that people don't want this to work. There are a lot of regulatory agencies involved that make this kind of thing hard to pull off.

For example, a school in Suffolk has to abide by Section XI regulations, NYSPHSAA regulations as well as various state laws that pertain to school based athletics on top of any school specific rules that may exist.

I hope that the tournament is a success but there are a lot of potential hurdles out there.

Top Reply Quote
#679983 - 05/23/17 11:27 AM Re: FREE HS TOURNAMENT with $5,000 prizes for the winning schools [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

S

On the contrary, wouldn't want a NJ team traveling 1hr+ to get their arse whooped and return to the Garden State with tail between their legs.

Top Reply Quote
#679997 - 05/23/17 01:18 PM Re: FREE HS TOURNAMENT with $5,000 prizes for the winning schools [Re: Larry Miller]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

S

Not up to me. Just stating that there are restrictions. Also all HS athletes must have a certain amount of practices before they are eligible to compete in games and most schools schedule that to lead up to their first game, so the timeframe of this tournament would not work either. Some other considerations - I don't believe public HS athlete can play on Sundays during the regular season without state approval. I also don't think that HS athletes can be financially rewarded with 'donations' based on performance.

Top Reply Quote
#680000 - 05/23/17 01:35 PM Re: FREE HS TOURNAMENT with $5,000 prizes for the winning schools [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

What are the hurdles ? This looks great !

Top Reply Quote
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Quick Reply

Options HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
Image Verification

Advertisements

Tournaments
EDP Lehigh Challenge 6/24
LIRR Independence Cup 6/24
WYSL Summer League 6/27
EDP Pocono Premier 7/8
EDP Central Jersey Invit. 7/9
LIRR Beach Bash 7/15
EDP Summer Showcase 7/22
EDP MAPS-CAPS 7/22
ASA Summer Classic 8/5
CRUSA Invitational 8/5
Friends of Renz 8/5
LIRR Kickoff Classic 8/12
EDP Fall Maryland 8/19
TWIST 8/19
EDP Fall Kickoff 8/26
Marlboro SC Classic 8/26
NY Surf HS Varsity 9/2
WBSC Freedom Cup 9/2
WYSL Cup 9/23
Columbus Weekend
EDP Cup Fall
Parsippany Pride
Bayonne Blast
Northport/Cow Harbor
CT Rush Challenge
Summer Camps & Clinics
WYSL Summer League
Soccer Coliseum Summer
Berkshire Girls Academy
FCW Training Program
FCW Summer Camp
LIPFC ID Camp
Juventus
NY Surf Summer Futsal
Gold Coast Summer
Gold Coast FC Camps
NYCFC Summer Camp
LIRR Summer Camps
LIRR Summer Camp Pass
LIRR Annual Camp Pass
NYSC Summer Camp
SUSA Summer League
Bright Futures Camp
SUSA Open Players Camp
SUSA HS Prep Camp
SUSA Futures Summer Splash
SUSA Pre-Season Camp
Golden Touch Summer
ASA Summer Camps
WPYS Summer Camps
LIRR Riders Total Training
LIRR Striker Series
LIRR HS Prep Camp
LIRR Goalkeeper Camp
LIRR Summer Camps
LIRR Summer Camp Pass
LIRR Annual Camp Pass
Sponsors

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 263 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Globall Sports Centers
Soccer Leagues
Soccer Tournaments
Training Clinics
Birthday Parties
Field Rentals
Soccer Coliseum
Tournaments
Training
Youth Leagues
Adult Leagues