National League
2014-2015 ENY (State) Cup
Challenge Cup U10-U12
Challenge Cup U13-U19
Open Cup
Soccer Toons
Swimming v. Soccer
New Jersey Leagues
Northern Counties | CJYSA | JAGS | Morris County | Metro | Jersey Coast | Monmouth Ocean | Mid-Jersey | South Jersey | South Jersey Girls |
ECNL
ECNL Standings
EDP Fall 2014
Brackets
Schedules
NSCAA HS & College Rankings
USSF Academies
USSF Academy Schedules
US Soccer
Coaching Drills
Girls NPL Listing
Brentwood | ISA | Massapequa | Manhattan SC | STA | NYSC | NJ Crush | NY Rush | Quickstrike FC |
Latest Tryout Posts
Bellmore Chelsea BU9 Open Tryouts
by coach dave 2012
54 minutes 14 seconds ago
Bellmore Arsenal BU11 Open Tryouts
by coach dave 2012
55 minutes 54 seconds ago
BOYS U-17 DIX HILLS WILD DAWGS
by LarryH
Yesterday at 02:24 PM
Newest Members
redjoe, StrikeForce, SoccerPlayer94, Nando523, sal scrio
13330 Registered Users
Who's Online
14 registered (Anyguy, CJ Orlando, DHVillain, TCarlson, Just a Dad, Larry Miller, BrianPlatt, coach dave 2012, ZiggyRowe, Powderfinger, GG1 N J18, CSHSC Dynamite, Falcon, Soccergirl00), 844 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
BOTN Photo Gallery
The 3rd Ave El
Page 94 of 132 < 1 2 ... 92 93 94 95 96 ... 131 132 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#513273 - 04/07/13 04:24 PM Re: GU16 Premier Fall 2012 / Spring 2013 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Anonymous
you need to check f u record. they may not be ecnl but they are best team on long island

If true and I have no reason to doubt you, they must have some good players. Why don't those girls go tryout for an ECNL team?

I asked them, they laughed and laughed and laughed, paused for a minute, asked me if I meant a LI based ECNL team, I said yes, and the laughing began anew.

Junior Soccer Advertisements

Click Here!

#513280 - 04/07/13 04:47 PM Re: GU16 Premier Fall 2012 / Spring 2013 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

you need to check f u record. they may not be ecnl but they are best team on long island

If true and I have no reason to doubt you, they must have some good players. Why don't those girls go tryout for an ECNL team?

I asked them, they laughed and laughed and laughed, paused for a minute, asked me if I meant a LI based ECNL team, I said yes, and the laughing began anew.

I am surprised, most young athletes wANT TO CHALLANGE THEMSELVES.
My guess is that there club has mislead them and their parents about the value of moving on to the next level.Very selfish of the club but not out of the ordinary.

Best of luck to the girls!

#513284 - 04/07/13 05:35 PM Re: GU16 Premier Fall 2012 / Spring 2013 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am surprised, most young athletes wANT TO CHALLANGE THEMSELVES.
My guess is that there club has mislead them and their parents about the value of moving on to the next level.Very selfish of the club but not out of the ordinary.

Best of luck to the girls!

That is why they were laughing, LI ECNL teams are extremely weak and would present no challenge at all. They realized it is much more important at this age to learn how to play the game properly. Even a jackass like yourself must know how weak the LI ECNL teams are at this age group. Not really sure why. EM actually produces very good teams at the younger ages. Alby has gone to hell and a hand basket from U16 and younger. You blow your ECNL horn all you like, and it is accurate in many parts of the country, particularly out west. There simply is no denying that on LI, the ECNL choices are very weak teams relative to the other choices. If your willing to drive to NJ or CT for practices than you may find some good training.

Thanks for the good luck salutation but you definitely will need that luck more if your involved with ECNL on LI in this age group.

#513288 - 04/07/13 06:19 PM Re: GU16 Premier Fall 2012 / Spring 2013 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

That is why they were laughing, LI ECNL teams are extremely weak and would present no challenge at all. They realized it is much more important at this age to learn how to play the game properly. Even a jackass like yourself must know how weak the LI ECNL teams are at this age group. Not really sure why. EM actually produces very good teams at the younger ages. Alby has gone to hell and a hand basket from U16 and younger. You blow your ECNL horn all you like, and it is accurate in many parts of the country, particularly out west. There simply is no denying that on LI, the ECNL choices are very weak teams relative to the other choices. If your willing to drive to NJ or CT for practices than you may find some good training.

Thanks for the good luck salutation but you definitely will need that luck more if your involved with ECNL on LI in this age group.

Don't you understand how it works? Don't you realize you train with and compete against second tier players/teams?

How does that help your girls? If your girls are "all that" as you say, why do they not play for Albertson or East Meadow? Why do they stay on a town teams?

Do you understand how youth soccer is structured?

It's tryout time of year, get your girls over to the tryouts and see if they can cut it or not. What's the downside?

#513296 - 04/07/13 07:01 PM Re: GU16 Premier Fall 2012 / Spring 2013 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

A very big downside would be having to listen to you pontificate at every practice and game

#513298 - 04/07/13 07:06 PM Re: GU16 Premier Fall 2012 / Spring 2013 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Don't you understand how it works? Don't you realize you train with and compete against second tier players/teams?

How does that help your girls? If your girls are "all that" as you say, why do they not play for Albertson or East Meadow? Why do they stay on a town teams?

It's tryout time of year, get your girls over to the tryouts and see if they can cut it or not. What's the downside?
HUMMMMMMMMM...........DOWNSIDE!!!!!!! ......AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.............AT THIS AGE YOU ARE BETTER OFF NOT FUNDING PR POCKET OR EM'S NUT CASE!

#513308 - 04/07/13 08:06 PM Re: GU16 Premier Fall 2012 / Spring 2013 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

A very big downside would be having to listen to you pontificate at every practice and game

Of course the more obvious downside is playing with weak players which actually harms a kids development. It is quite sad how bad LI ECNL has gotten in this age group, this jackass is basically pleading for any good player to come down to a tryout. I have to believe this idiot has burned so many bridges that he/she has gotten his kid stuck on the current Alby team with nowhere left to go. Unless this moron is an ECNL trainer, there is no other explanation for the desperate pleas to come on down and tryout.

Oh wait, I see the response now. "I am just an altruistic soul who is trying to tell you how youth soccer works". Translation "please please please send some talented kids down to my ECNL tryout, otherwise I will need to drive to CT for practices."

#513312 - 04/07/13 08:12 PM Re: GU16 Premier Fall 2012 / Spring 2013 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

EM went 2-1
Alby went 1-2

EM played teams that would be equivelant to LIJSL D2 teams
Alby played a little better competition.

#513319 - 04/07/13 08:51 PM Re: GU16 Premier Fall 2012 / Spring 2013 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

EM went 2-1
Alby went 1-2

EM played teams that would be equivelant to LIJSL D2 teams
Alby played a little better competition.

How can you possibly now that. I'm sure the 10 best teams in some of those other divisions are better than teams on Long Island. For example the 10 best team in California is much better than the 10 best on our little island. I do not have a kid on either of those two teams , but i'm getting tired of the constant trash. One more time. It's U16. Stop acting like U10 parents. 18 months left for these girls . Just enjoy your kids!

#513320 - 04/07/13 08:56 PM Re: GU16 Premier Fall 2012 / Spring 2013 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

HUMMMMMMMMM...........DOWNSIDE!!!!!!! ......AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.............AT THIS AGE YOU ARE BETTER OFF NOT FUNDING PR POCKET OR EM'S NUT CASE!

I understand. That said, there is A LOT OF DEVELOPING LEFT TO DO. It's going to make college ball tougher if you finish up your career on a local team rather than an ECNL team.

#513362 - 04/08/13 08:34 AM Re: GU16 Premier Fall 2012 / Spring 2013 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

My buddy has coached youth travel for years. This weekend he had occasion to watch this age group out in San Diego, he is what he posted on his local youth soccer board. Bear in mind, he is a long time coach who does not coach in the ECNL and is not from Long Island nor the NYC metro are.

"Let me tell you something the Speed of the game out here is the fastest soccer I have ever seen in my life.

To be able to compete in the ECNL You need to be the best !

The only way your are the best is by having one team with all the best players on it."

#513376 - 04/08/13 09:32 AM Re: GU16 Premier Fall 2012 / Spring 2013 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here are some facts for you
U14 Girls National Pool - May 2012 - 30 ECNL players out of 48
U15 Girls National Team - June 2012 - 17 ECNL out of 24
U17 Girls National Team - June 2012- 23 ECNL out of 24
U18 Girls National Team - June 2012 - 19 ECNL out of 24

#513381 - 04/08/13 09:43 AM Re: GU16 Premier Fall 2012 / Spring 2013 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is the list of names and their respective clubs available? I would be curious to know where these kids were from. If there are a fair representation of east coast kids here, then your ECNL argument has some merit. But if a large proportion of these kids are from non-east coast areas, then the previous poster is right, the ECNL around here is not necessarily the best route.

#513384 - 04/08/13 09:47 AM Re: GU16 Premier Fall 2012 / Spring 2013 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

My buddy has coached youth travel for years. This weekend he had occasion to watch this age group out in San Diego, he is what he posted on his local youth soccer board. Bear in mind, he is a long time coach who does not coach in the ECNL and is not from Long Island nor the NYC metro are.

"Let me tell you something the Speed of the game out here is the fastest soccer I have ever seen in my life.

To be able to compete in the ECNL You need to be the best !

The only way your are the best is by having one team with all the best players on it."

MR ECNL I am glad you finally agree with me. The west coast ECNL teams are excellent.
Some of the best teams in the country.
If you want to play with the best on LONG ISLAND. The ECNL is not the best option.
You can not be challenged by being on one of these teams and not playing with the best.
Congrats You finally get it.
Why play with a team that is inferior and gets smoke by all the teams out west that you mentioned. You need to train with and against the best players to get to be the best. Playing o an inferior team and getting crushed by the best teams is not a moral victory. Saying you play the best competition doesnt help if you cant compete.
The way to go is to be on the best team in the area and play in top showcases. Our team has played most of these west coast teams you speak about and we are not in the ECNL.
Thank YOU for making my point. Your buddy coach would be proud of you.

#513390 - 04/08/13 10:03 AM Re: GU16 Premier Fall 2012 / Spring 2013 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is the list of names and their respective clubs available? I would be curious to know where these kids were from. If there are a fair representation of east coast kids here, then your ECNL argument has some merit. But if a large proportion of these kids are from non-east coast areas, then the previous poster is right, the ECNL around here is not necessarily the best route.

OK. Found it for U15 and U17.
The U15 roster has 38 players. 6 are from local clubs. One from FC Bucks (ECNL), Two from Match Fit (recent members of ECNL), One from PDA (ECNL) and one from Massapequa (non-ECNL) and one from Oakwood CT (non-ECNL) Although Connecticut is kind of a trip from here to play, it is included anyway.

So of the 38 players, 6 are local kids and 4 play ECNL and 2 do not. Not exactly a ringing endorsement of the ECNL.

The kids from CT and Mass still found their way into the National pool without any ECNL help. They play for club teams. It reinforces the point that talent will be found. You do not need to join one of the ECNL clubs to get recognized.

Page 94 of 132 < 1 2 ... 92 93 94 95 96 ... 131 132 >

Moderator:  Arielle, Larry Miller, ZiggyRowe 
Intense Soccer Academy
Coleman Country
House of Sports
Xtreme Goalkeeping
Fall Tournaments
Kings Park SC
SC December Tournaments
MAPS Fall Challenge
RVSC College Showcase
Soccer Coliseum 5v5
EDP College Showcase
MAPS Cup (Girls)
Winter Classic
SUSA Winter Kickoff
KK Thanksgiving
WBSC College Showcase
Farmingdale Turkey Bowl
Winter Indoor
ASC Winter Programs
Armonk Indoor Programs
Coleman Country
Soccer Coliseum
Coastal League
SUSA League
SUSA Presidents Week
SUSA Xmas Tournament
SUSA Winter Skills
Rockland CC
Sports Underdome
Coindre Hall
BOCA Training
Quickstrike FC
KK MLK
KK XMAS
KK Presidents Day
KK Presidents Week
KK Goalkeeper Training
KK Winter League
KK Winter Skills
LIRR Futsal Training
LIRR Youth Leagues
LIRR Girls Training
LIRR Striker Training
LIRR Dutch Training
LIRR Goalkeeper Training
LIRR Veteran's Day Camp
LIRR Election Day Camp
MAPS Futsal
Soccer Coliseum Leagues
EISC Winter Skills
House of Sports
2015 Tournaments
Manhattan Pre-Spring Kickoff
RYSA Wildcats Labor Day
Adult Leagues
Coastal Men
SUSA Bubble
KK Athletics
Soccer Coliseum Men
Sponsors

Globall Sports Centers
Soccer Leagues
Soccer Tournaments
Training Clinics
Birthday Parties
Field Rentals
LI Rough Riders
Training Program
Soccer Camps
Jr. Rough Riders
Rough Riders Select
Men's & Women's Tickets
Soccer Coliseum
Tournaments
Training
Youth Leagues
Adult Leagues
SUSA Bubble Lindenhurst
Youth Leagues
Tournaments
Adult Leagues
Training & Academy Programs
Field Rentals
Summer League
Premier Soccer Academy
Tournaments
Youth Academy ID Camps
Camps
Coaching Services
Kickiní Kiddie Program
Boys NPL Listing
Brentwood | Bklyn Italians | Everton Amer. | Eastern FC | East Meadow SC | Massapequa | STA Soccer | NY Elite | HOTA | Parsippany SC | Princeton SC | Soccer Plus Acad. |

Click Here!

Copyright (c) Back of THE NET 1993 - 2014